SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

if i was to buy a pair of Levis '47 501xx what size would i need to get them in? i wear a 30 in skulls and a 29 in sams, and a 29/30 in most other jeans. sorry if this has been asked a bunch, i just don't know if they shrink much after soak/if i need to size up at all. let me know.

im confused at your question. i wouldnt overdye them again. i would just wear them and let them fade on their own over time. overdying wont make them fade like a pair of raw denim and whatever you do dont bleach them

if i was to buy a pair of Levis '47 501xx what size would i need to get them in? i wear a 30 in skulls and a 29 in sams, and a 29/30 in most other jeans. sorry if this has been asked a bunch, i just don't know if they shrink much after soak/if i need to size up at all. let me know.

the 47 501xx shrinks 2 inches in the waist and length. They do stretch out a little with wear so size up accordingly. If the skulls fit you comfortably in a size 30 - get the 47's in 32.

A noob question, but what method of washing is best to get maximum contrast?

Warm water or hot water?

Something like woolite regular or is woolite dark better for contrast?

thanks

i believe the general consensus is that the warmer the water the more indigo your denim will lose, and result in better contrast. you'll want to watch out though as hot water will also shrink your jeans, though you should be able to stretch them back out with some wear.

i wouldn't recommend woolite dark though, i believe the idea behiind woolite dark is to prevent color loss, but i could be wrong.

also i recommend hang drying your denim.

i hope that helped.

my denim knowledge pales in comparison to beatle's but i'd have to agree. i think its largely agreed upon that japanese denim fades less due to its higher quality. if someone's apc's aren't fading enough it's probably due to minimal wear.

i believe the general consensus is that the warmer the water the more indigo your denim will lose, and result in better contrast. you'll want to watch out though as hot water will also shrink your jeans, though you should be able to stretch them back out with some wear.

i wouldn't recommend woolite dark though, i believe the idea behiind woolite dark is to prevent color loss, but i could be wrong.

also i recommend hang drying your denim.

i hope that helped.

It is, although now I'm weary becuase the jeans I'm washing (APCs) fit well, but they are just as tight as they can be. Any tighter and I probably couldn't wear them> Maybe hot water isn't the best idea.

I heard that if I soak my nudies ESOD the honeycombs are going to go away, is this true? They have 5 months of wear and I also heard something about them being sanforized so I shouldn't soak them anyway, I just want to get a bit of indigo out and they are getting kind of stinky. If I should soak, what is the best process? inside out? in cold water (I know I don't want them to shrink too much) for how long?

I've been wearing my Nudie straight svens for approximately six months wearing them at least 95% of those days. Now, I had to wash them twice in October because I fell off my bike into a bunch of mud and then because i got so drunk i pissed in them. Now its been about six months and I don't know if I should throw them in the machine for a cold wash or if I should have patience and wait more. Here they are:

n1232310299_30172230_9418.jpg

n1232310299_30172231_9573.jpg

what would be the closest cut of nudies to say a pair of new standards? thin finns? thanks

I'd say the Grim Tim.

I heard that if I soak my nudies ESOD the honeycombs are going to go away, is this true? They have 5 months of wear and I also heard something about them being sanforized so I shouldn't soak them anyway, I just want to get a bit of indigo out and they are getting kind of stinky. If I should soak, what is the best process? inside out? in cold water (I know I don't want them to shrink too much) for how long?

The honeycombs will reform with wear, don't worry about it... if you soak them they probably won't go totally away either, you'll have slight creases...

If they are stinky just soak them, its not a big deal. Do a cold soak for 30 minutes or so.

If you want them to get a bit tighter do a warm soak ( not hot ) for 30 minutes or so...

All jeans will fade over time

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic