SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Those might be a bit too roomy for me. Hem measurements say 20cm, assuming it's no wash. 20cm=7.8 Inches. It would shrink to about 7.3ish? and I'm looking for something a bit skinnier

Edit:I should probably mention that it would be great if these were below $200, but stuff slightly above like $230 is fine too.

another option i thought of is to get the pbj 005's in black. yes, i know they have a slightly larger hem opening than you would prefer but you could get them tappered. it would be worth the trouble in the long-run, at least in my opinion.

Im thinking of hot soaking my s5000bks after 3 months of everyday wear. The reason being i sized down one and they have stretched out quite alot now, and are an inch or two too big all over.

I just have a few small questions

1.will soaking the jeans make the black dye run, resulting in future wear and tear harder to become visable?

2.If they shrink will that mean all the combs etc have to be re set (if that makes sence)?

Many thanks

or is there really none and chainstitching is just one of them next to useless things that denim heads beast over like coin pocket selvage?

No, there is no advantage to chainstitching. It just leads to roping and an attractive hem instead of a boring one. Only useful for aesthetics. And, as we know, we don't care what things look like here.

Dumbshit question!

need some help here, just soaked my apc's and dried them, everything is fine but the part just above the ankles. When i walk in them the denim crunches up in that one spot on both legs and it looks very awkrward, any tips on straightening it out? not sure if i should iron them, any tips would be appreciated

The spot just under your calves? Probably the legs are just a little too long. If you really dislike it, the only way to fix it up would be to get the jeans hemmed to exactly your length. Otherwise it will keep coming back (although the effect will be less noticeable once you've finally got all the starch out of them).

^ if you're talking about stacking, there is no way to get rid of it except hemming or cuffing if it's not stacking that much. Just keep wearing them and everything will set correctly with wear.

so the negative would be no roping. i could've sworn i've seen roping on some nudies before.

anyways, thanks thetrustcan :D

Nudies are chainstitched at the hem, so yes you probably have.

so the negative would be no roping. i could've sworn i've seen roping on some nudies before.

anyways, thanks thetrustcan :D

Jean hems will rope over time with any kind of stitch. It doesn't have to be chainstitched. However, the roping effect is nicer and more pronounced on chainstitched jeans (esp those done on a Union special, due to the different tension in the thread compared to that of a modern machine). Or so I've been told. I can't find anyone in Australia that does a chainstitched hem, so I normally settle for a regular hem job at my local.

Hello...

Where is Real McCoy's come from, Japan or US ?

How about Toy McCoy's where are they from?

I read that there is another McCoy's from New Zealand too?

Thank you for your help

They all originated from Japan-Real McCoys and Toy McCoys (sometimes referred to as McHill?) are two different branches of the original McCoys line, run by different founders of the McCoys line-the McCoy's in New Zealand makes flight jackets, and is a branch of the Real McCoys line (the parent company is called Nylon, if I recall).

This was covered in the McCoys Thread, and due credit goes to Jubei, for discovering this article.

hey guys how can we tell whether a pair of dior raw jeans is made in italy or japan?

also how much do we have to size down for a pair of dior raws?

for apc raws..we usually have to size down 4 sizes right?cheers

For APC NS you size down 1-3, depending on how slim of a fit you want, for the NC's you size down 1-2.

Well, if it's the S0500 cut you want, then anything in the S5000 'series' should be good, although the VX is plenty slubby as well. I think they announced a 21 oz. S5000 a while ago that's coming out next year (although I heard Take5 in Hong Kong is already selling a small run of them). Not sure about the denim characteristics of Samurai's 21 oz. though.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic