SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Both...really tight after soak, though..

For reference - I wear a 30 in Dior - really comfty - and my FH 3001 are a 31 - and have now, after 4 months of wear, reached the same comfty stage...

Cool man. Thanks. Guess I'm just hesitant about ordering 32's because that seems really big to me.

But I also wear my Dior's pretty low like they are supposed to be and want to wear my Flathead's a little more fitted, higher up on the waist. Still go with the 32's?

I'm not sure why your 3001s stretched so much, but most raw denim will stretch 1/2 to a whole inch in the waist. I don't think Iron Hearts or 21 oz Sams stretch a lot, maybe 1/4 - 1/2 and inch in the waist. 14.7 oz Zimbabwe cotton will stretch but less than your 3001s.

Waugh? The fuck you on about? Iron Heart denim stretches a TON!

^

no, not all the time. i have several jeans that havent stretched to raw measurements. i think what you need to remember is that raw denim stretches out becasue of the pressure given by your waist. when you buy a raw jean that fits nicely, i.e., you can button it all the way with ease, etc., chances are they arent going to stretch out all that much. if you buy a jean -3 sizes to small, yeah, they will stretch out a shitload. make sense?

edit: i would contact gordon at blue in green to get your question answered about the japan blue jeans.

I'm not sure why your 3001s stretched so much, but most raw denim will stretch 1/2 to a whole inch in the waist. I don't think Iron Hearts or 21 oz Sams stretch a lot, maybe 1/4 - 1/2 and inch in the waist. 14.7 oz Zimbabwe cotton will stretch but less than your 3001s.

Yeah, it makes sense the w33 wouldn't stretch as much as the w32 since not as much stress is on it. Since the w33 starts at 34 inches raw though, I am worried that after a few months wear it would probably get beyond that, which would be too loose.

Ideally I want these to get to just about 34 waist at maximum stretching, and then stay there. My hips where I would wear these jeans are slighlty smaller than 34 inches.

One whole inch of stretching in the w32 would be perfect.

And normally I would have been in touch with Gordon or Kiya about sizing questions long ago, but I am looking at the take5Xmomotaro collaboration. In the couple emails I have exchanged with Take5 some of the details in our questions/anwers have been lost in translation I think..

Thanks for your help, Tyson31 and lamb.

anyone have any pics of their SC okinawas fade?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20161

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=276042&postcount=48

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=280375&postcount=102

First link is to a stickied post with lots of aged denim pictures. Hope this helps.

Also try 'search this thread' on the Evolution of Jeans: tea and scones thread.

didnt get a response yet in the samurai thread so ill try here. (surprised since gimme is pretty fast to respond too)

so im looking at a pair of 0500xx or 0510xx. i like the fit of my sufu660 so im leaning towards the 0500xx with the slight taper, but if i wear a 29 in the sufu660 im thinking i should get a 29 in the both pairs? would a 28 be too small?

not sure how much stretching i should get from them. from the pics in the contest thread im thinking a 29. i had a pair of 30 s5000bks but they were too big presoak raw so i didnt even bother trying to soak them and just sold them so that was my only experience so far with samurai but its nice stuff.

thanks in advance

didnt get a response yet in the samurai thread so ill try here. (surprised since gimme is pretty fast to respond too)

so im looking at a pair of 0500xx or 0510xx. i like the fit of my sufu660 so im leaning towards the 0500xx with the slight taper, but if i wear a 29 in the sufu660 im thinking i should get a 29 in the both pairs? would a 28 be too small?

not sure how much stretching i should get from them. from the pics in the contest thread im thinking a 29. i had a pair of 30 s5000bks but they were too big presoak raw so i didnt even bother trying to soak them and just sold them so that was my only experience so far with samurai but its nice stuff.

thanks in advance

I'd say go with the 29. If you've bought Sams and the 30 was too large, and 29 is your true size, i'd get them in 29. They'll probably shrink and stretch back to a comfortable size.

you should probably post a more regular jean instead of the sufu 660's. that way i'd be able to help you a bit more.

31 in okis but prob could have gone to a 30

30 in sorahikos

true waist is a 30.5

thanks

I just bought my first pair of dry denim

my first pair of jeans which cost more than $60 actually

They're a pair of nudie slim jims.

I sized down two sizes (30-->28) because I got the impression from this forum, and from the sales guy, that my jeans are going to stretch out quite a bit

I've been wearing them about a day and a half, and the waist has definitely stretched out to my normal size, but the thighs are still insanely tight

Are they just slower to stretch out than the waist or should I get used to not putting things in my front pockets?

I just bought my first pair of dry denim

my first pair of jeans which cost more than $60 actually

They're a pair of nudie slim jims.

I sized down two sizes (30-->28) because I got the impression from this forum, and from the sales guy, that my jeans are going to stretch out quite a bit

I've been wearing them about a day and a half, and the waist has definitely stretched out to my normal size, but the thighs are still insanely tight

Are they just slower to stretch out than the waist or should I get used to not putting things in my front pockets?

The thighs will eventuallly stretch out with more wear. If you do shit in your jeans like bike or skate, that will speed up the process. If you want them to stretch don't sit around.

i see that they're narrow leg, which on me will be ultra slim. i'm other jeans i'm a 32. i'm thinking of ordering the raw black new standards in a 33 so that the fit will be more relaxed ( i don't want a narrow/slim fit), but wondering how much stretch will actually happen.. maybe too much?

advice or experience would be helpful.

i see that they're narrow leg, which on me will be ultra slim. i'm other jeans i'm a 32. i'm thinking of ordering the raw black new standards in a 33 so that the fit will be more relaxed ( i don't want a narrow/slim fit), but wondering how much stretch will actually happen.. maybe too much?

advice or experience would be helpful.

Mad stretching will occur. Size down at least one.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic