SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Slim jims are okay, but if you have had crotch blowouts in the past then avoid nudie all together. NS come in 34 and 36 lengths, I think old season was 36 and new season is 34. I suggest maybe the new flathead 310/3001s or samurai 710. They seem to be quite popular, but long inseams! If you order skulls direct, they will hem your jeans to your desired length, they also accept paypal. (skull 5010xx is the slimmest cut)

Best way to measure yourself is to take the tape measure around where you want your jeans to sit.

For instance, I am a size 32 measured on my waist but I wear jeans in a 30. My hips however, measure 34 but I don't usually wear my pants that low.

Hope that helps.

Quite a few options there, thanks!

Edited

I'm having trouble deciding between the Flat Head 3001's and the Skull 5010xx's any recommendations? I like a slimmer fit. I'm also confused about sizing/soaking etc. I tried on the skulls today and the 30 skulls fit me well so i figured i'd get the 29 since they'll stretch out. I was planning on wearing them without a soak or anything at first is that a bad idea. Once i do wash them will the waist end up shrinking smaller than 29? Also since the inseam on the skulls is about 37.5 thats a little long for me to be wearing i thought about having them heamed to about 36. will they shrink to much after a wash and end up being short?

hrmmm, maybe this will help.

• 3001 is slimmer in the thigh, but with a larger leg opening.
  • 5010 will shrink 2 inches in the length and about an inch in the waist, but will stretch out easily.
  • I don't think wearing them raw is a bad idea, but just take into account the inseam shrinkage, imo they shrink up a fair bit if you wash them hot and use a dryer.

I think as far as choosing the right size in skulls, buy one that is fairly tight in the waist, because it won't get much smaller, the rest of jeans should shrink up about a size when you wash them.

do one wash canes keep shrinking much anywhere? how long does the inseam end up?

From historypreservation.com:

"Anyone who simply wants a pair of selvage-denim dungarees softer than the rigid unwashed variety, please order this style listed as one-wash finish SC40401A [one-washed hawaii's]. One-wash dungarees will still have additional shrinkage until final fit is achieved. "

That being said, almost all of the shrinkage should be gone with a one-wash. I would just leave a little extra length if you were planning on hemming them.

so should i have them hem them or wear them long? till i wash them?

I'd like to go about 4 months or so before any washing or soaking

Just hem to 2 inches more than the length you want after washing and then wear them long for however many months before you wash. Should be fine.

Guest declasse
Is it true that the ass in my jeans will stretch more than usual from cycling? Or does that happen anyways?

if they are really tight/snug it's very likely it will stretch and eventually blow out the crotch

Guest ilikeskating

does anybody know how the 1966 lvcs fit? ive been searching through all the threads and the using the search function, but i havent been able to much information on them.

I'm looking for some raw denim that is clean, without backpocket stitching/designs, and has a more formal, classy, or grown-up feel(not "street" like nudie). I really like APC but New Standard is too slim in the thigh and hem opening since I'd have to size down to a 27w or maybe even 26w. The APC rescue cut is looser but, to my knowledge, the smallest size it comes in is 29w.

The following seem nice but I don't know about the brand and they don't have my size.

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/crate_denim/hamilton.php

http://www.bluebee.com/product_display.aspx?l=00190119032200000000&p=JEA01237&pn=1#

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/1980.php

http://www.tobi.com/Product/5201-Rag-Bone-Denim-Straight-Leg-Classic-Straight-Leg-Jean

I'd like something with a low-to-medium rise that would be fitted(not tight) when sized down to 27w. ideal measurements would be something like:

waist: ~14"

front rise: ~9.5"

back rise: ~12.5"

knee: ~8.2"

hem: ~8.2"

Thanks in advance!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic