SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've just bought a pair of White Deco Fenoms in a 36 waist and they are quite big for me. I do generally wear my jeans loose but these are just a bit big, about an inch. what I was wondering is that would they shrink if i washed them, becasue they do say that they are sanforized denim. also what would be the best way to shrink them???? bearing in mind that these are the light oz denim, not heavy

I've just bought a pair of White Deco Fenoms in a 36 waist and they are quite big for me. I do generally wear my jeans loose but these are just a bit big, about an inch. what I was wondering is that would they shrink if i washed them, becasue they do say that they are sanforized denim. also what would be the best way to shrink them???? bearing in mind that these are the light oz denim, not heavy

Most sanforized jeans will only shrink marginally (3-5%...some less). You have nothing to loose by experimenting though...so I would hot wash & hot dry.

I'm pretty sure those are the Yamane/Evisu Wrangler repros...I posted pics of them in the Wrangler-Repro thread. They're way overpriced in that link...the pair with the black patch should be the standard price, the natural leather patch are about $500-600.

someone should take a look at these and tell me hows the fit on these?

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g49670338

I don't think buying a 60,000 yen pair of jeans blind is a wise thing to do. ;)

The fit of the current production regular fit Lee jeans fits me a lot better than most cuts I've found. Recommend something with similar specs in better denim?

Front rise: 11"

Thigh: 12"

Knee: 8.25"

Leg opening: 7.5"

You need to include a size with that... preferably the labeled size, and what they actually measure. Otherwise there's no way to recommend a similar fitting jean.

(a 28 with those proportions is a lot different than a 34)

You need to include a size with that... preferably the labeled size, and what they actually measure. Otherwise there's no way to recommend a similar fitting jean.

(a 28 with those proportions is a lot different than a 34)

Yeah, just realized that. 34W/32L, but they're maybe a size big at the waist for me.

I'm going to be studying in Shanghai next semester. Does anyone know if Japanese denim is cheaper in Shanghai than in the US? I've been planning on buying another pair of jeans, but I don't know whether I should just wait until next semester. Would it be a better idea to try to take a trip to Hong Kong at some point while I'm over there?

ehhh, not really cheaper. The prices in HK and US are comparable, HK only really becomes cheaper once you get the take5 discount card, and then its about just as cheap as japanese retail. But I definately think you should buy whilst in the US or HK, dont think you'll find much in Shanghai.

Alright, I'm trying to upgrade my style a little bit. I'm a 21 year old african american male, and I'm about to graduate college. That means I have one more semester to go, and then its the real world. In preparation for this last semester and beyond, I'd like to kick my style up a notch.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to good, trendy jeans I can get? What about t-shirts/buttondowns/etc? Sweaters?

I just need some all around advice.

I'm 6'1" and weigh about 160lbs (that is, I'm skinny). Most of my height is in my legs, so I have to compensate for long legs and short torso. Also, I have arms that are a bit longer than is average for my height. This means that my skinniness is really brought out by those t-shirts with extra short sleeves, or by t-shirts/shirts that aren't long enough. Know what I mean? t-shirts with regular-length sleeves look shorter on me. This situation has really made it difficult for me to grow up out of my oversized t-shirt phase. The oversized shirts look horrible on me, but make me look alot better than the really small t-shirts that are in now.

I'm not big into the really baggy jeans, so thats out. Also, I can't seem to pull off the skin tight jeans. All they do is make me look (honestly) gay, and they make it reaaaaaaally obvious how skinny I am.

So, while I'd like the jeans to be trendy/modern/whatever, I'd also like them to flatter a skinny frame like myself.

My butt is minor.. its not flat, but its certainly barely there.

I know I sound real gay for asking this, but I'm getting kinda desperate.

Thanks!

^ You may want to dig through the Supershopper section for advice on the fashion section, as this is the denim forum. As far as jeans go, I'm going to make the assumption that if you're still in school, you have limited funds, so APC is probalby the way to go (for now). New Standards are a flattering cut, and a reasonable price (compared to others). Check out the APC thread for lots of fit pics. If you do buy them, size down 2 from your usual size. I'm pretty much your exact size, so probably a 28 or a 29 if you usually wear a 30 or 31.

I bought a pair of new standards and im pretty much a noob when it comes to denim. The length is really long to the point where it's uncomfortable. Am I supposed to get it tailored?

or Will it shrink to my height once its worn? or Will it shrink after it's first wash. Thanks.

It might shrink a bit after its washed, but they're sanforized, so it will be minimal. Have them hemmed.

i have a few quick q's regarding skull 5010xx's:

1. which will offer the best fades? 6x6 one wash, 6x6 raw unwashed, or 6x7?

2. anyone know if it is still possible to find the 6x6 models withOUT the long inseam?

i read the entire skull thread and ideally i would like a 6x6 no wash in size 27 with the shorter inseam, but i fear i may not be able to find one. in which case i may just settle for the 6x7 in 27 to get the shorter length and suffer for a bit until they stretch out...

I'm not sure on the fit of these APC NS I have now...

I'm 5'11", around 180lbs, and I normally wear a size 33 waist...these are a size 31 and have stretched out in the waist so that they fit comfortably but I'd like for them to stretch a little bit more in the thigh area, as I'm kind of self-conscious about these...are these just too tight for my body style? It's only been a few days since I've had these, so I'm hoping they will stretch a little more in the thighs area...what do you guys think? Also I realize the shirt I have on is a little big, I'd wear a somewhat more fitted tee or hoody with these

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

Hi just gotten myself a pair of raw 501. Is it adviseable to wear them right after purchase from the levis store or do i need to have them washed 1st?

If i were to want to shrink it by soaking it in the water can i only do it to a new pair of denims or can i get it done later like after months of wear?

Do tighter denims form nicer honeycombs? Had an experience with my old levis, honeycombs didn't form well probably because its abit loose.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic