SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Don't know if this is the right thread to post in, but:

I'm looking for a pair of jeans to break into, preferably:

- a little low-waist, but not too much

- slightly tapered leg

- straight or a bit slim cut

- price tag: up to 200 ish 300 i guess, must be worth the price

- no brand preference, although I usually hear about Nudies, LVCs, Sugarcane, etc.

- can match well with both converse or sneakers (dunks, air force 1's)

- pockets that i can easily put stuff into (I own a pair of New Standards but it is a pain trying to reach into the pocket, plus they are too tight for my taste)

- have decent fading results

If anyone can help, please give several suggestions that would match the above criteria :P

October 13th, SelfEdgexSugarCane comes out, which will be SC's first slim cut jean. That would work. Skip Nudies and LVC.

People with a better idea of what to recommend will specify some good samurai models that fit your criteria.

I would recommend either the PBJ XX-005 or XX-007, they're beautiful jeans.

The Oni Blue also fits the bill.

Don't know if this is the right thread to post in, but:

I'm looking for a pair of jeans to break into, preferably:

- a little low-waist, but not too much

- slightly tapered leg

- straight or a bit slim cut

- price tag: up to 200 ish 300 i guess, must be worth the price

- no brand preference, although I usually hear about Nudies, LVCs, Sugarcane, etc.

- can match well with both converse or sneakers (dunks, air force 1's)

- pockets that i can easily put stuff into (I own a pair of New Standards but it is a pain trying to reach into the pocket, plus they are too tight for my taste)

- have decent fading results

If anyone can help, please give several suggestions that would match the above criteria :P

On top of the other suggestions...I'd say Samurai s0500...slight taper, lowish rise, slim cut, beautiful denim.

1. I wonder how much Dior 19CM size 29x30 cost? Where can I get it?

2.I just started soaking my brand new 501xx 30x32 in the bucket with warm water for 3 hrs Or it has to be in the bath tub which I don't have?

3.Does it have to be insideout while soaking?

4. after soaking the jeans, hang it in any warm place, right? or doesn't matter?

5. will it have some honeycombs around the knees and cuffs?...basically anywhere lol

I know I have questions that I'm pretty much sure answered at numerous times, but I can't seem to find the thread that has the answers. Sorry.

1. I wonder how much Dior 19CM size 29x30 cost? Where can I get it?

Anywhere from a hundred or so on eBay to 300 and up at online outlets (www.luisaviaroma.com or eLuxury I believe have them) or in Dior stores.

2.I just started soaking my brand new 501xx 30x32 in the bucket with warm water for 3 hrs Or it has to be in the bath tub which I don't have?
Er, as long as they fit in the water, it doesn't really matter.
3.Does it have to be insideout while soaking?
No, but some people like it because it minimizes indigo loss that way.
4. after soaking the jeans, hang it in any warm place, right? or doesn't matter?
Anywhere they'll dry off, so warm is good, albeit not neccesary.
5. will it have some honeycombs around the knees and cuffs?...basically anywhere lol
Those show up after you start wearing them. Although you can wear them around the house while they're drying and it'll help start the creases where the honeycombs etc. set in.

For further information, hunt around the topics in the Encyclopedia thread. I'm pretty sure all this is in there.

my apc's SZ.30 measure 16.5" across the waist which would equal a 33" waist total...

im interested in the skull 5507 one-wash at BiG, but the only size close to mine is a size 30 which measures 31" waist, meaning 15.5" across..

i measured my waist where i wear my jeans and it came out to 34".

think ill be good with the sz.30, 31" waist skull 5507s?

kaitagsd, yes, Eternal 811 would fit the bill. You mentioned you want larger pockets....811 has very large front pockets. I can actually fit my entire hand into, unlike my pbj 005's, skull 5010, or samurai s5000vx.

only thing is sizing is a bit more difficult since they run small. if you do go with the 811, measure your waist size and order that size. anything smaller could be difficult to squeeze into. also, the thigh measurements are small....use the size chart on BiG website for help.

Why is it you want to soak them now? IH's shrinkage is very minimal, and they'd stretch back out very quickly if you did soak them. Talk to Kiya if you're concerned though.

Kind of want to lose some more of the dye. Thats me though. I dont think it would be wisest to soak now but I am definately interested in it.

Kind of want to lose some more of the dye. Thats me though. I dont think it would be wisest to soak now but I am definately interested in it.

Whatever floats your boat bud...I soak jeans that I wear daily once a month or so to get some of the dirt out. Keep in mind that indigo isn't water soluble, so not much of the dye will come out unless its agitated.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic