SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

GAWD i need help finding a pair of jeans. i have spent days and hours reading every relevant thread in this section, and after 2 unsuccessful attempts at finding the perfect pair i am back at square one.

first i tried the somet slim 008. it fit great in the legs (though the thigh could have been very slightly tighter), but the rise was just too low for me to handle so i sold them right away. i got the somets in a 26.

next i went with the skull 5010xx 7x6 in a size 27. i got them today only to find that the waist is too tight and the legs are far too loose. not to mention the fact that the back pocket was missing the dagger stitching, which really pissed me off as well.

so, where do i go from here? what can i get that will satisfy my need for a loose saggy waist and a deathgrip on my legs with a rise of 9-9.5" or so and a leg opening of a bit under 7". and i would REALLY like to find something at BiG since i need to exchange the skulls...

GAWD i need help finding a pair of jeans. i have spent days and hours reading every relevant thread in this section, and after 2 unsuccessful attempts at finding the perfect pair i am back at square one.

first i tried the somet slim 008. it fit great in the legs (though the thigh could have been very slightly tighter), but the rise was just too low for me to handle so i sold them right away. i got the somets in a 26.

next i went with the skull 5010xx 7x6 in a size 27. i got them today only to find that the waist is too tight and the legs are far too loose. not to mention the fact that the back pocket was missing the dagger stitching, which really pissed me off as well.

so, where do i go from here? what can i get that will satisfy my need for a loose saggy waist and a deathgrip on my legs with a rise of 9-9.5" or so and a leg opening of a bit under 7". and i would REALLY like to find something at BiG since i need to exchange the skulls...

Hmm...maybe the Eternal 864? Have I already suggested that?

I think the sewing chop sc008 is the slimmest fitting japanese jean. The rise is lower than you want, but other than that it sounds good for you. the hemp in it probably makes those really durable, so you can most likely get some awesome wear out of it without ripping it to shreds!

I think the sewing chop sc008 is the slimmest fitting japanese jean. The rise is lower than you want, but other than that it sounds good for you. the hemp in it probably makes those really durable, so you can most likely get some awesome wear out of it without ripping it to shreds!

that was the pair i originally thought of, but they only have 34's left and i would need a 27 in those.

on gordon's advice i am going with the pbj xx-008's in raw form so i can control the shrinkage in the waist...

bump. anyone got an answer?

This is a tough one...Levi's says to "size up" on their website to accomodate the 10% shrinkage. I was under the impression that the jeans shrunk to the tagged size. I found another website that said to size up 1" in the waist for sizes 28-36, and size up 3" in the inseam for 30-34 lengths (4" for longer).

I have no idea bout hem measurements...but as they're 501's, I would guess around an 8-8.5 for sizes 32? That's just a guess though.

Here's a link for more info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12464

Quick question:

What's the fastest, cheapest way to find out my exact measurements? All my jeans are funky in sizing IMO, and I don't want to use them as an index since I'm going to be purcashing my first pair of high-end deninms and I don't want sizing to be messed up.

Should I just go buy some measuring tape and do it myself? Don't really want to head to a tailor, rather do it myself quick.

Also, do APC NS only come in ##x34? L34 is way too long for me and I don't want to mess up my APC's by getting them hemmed horribly... Any other startup, slim fit jeans you recommend? Specific models, not just brands. Might look into Nudies Slim Jims but I've heard bad things about them here, not sure.

Slim jims are okay, but if you have had crotch blowouts in the past then avoid nudie all together. NS come in 34 and 36 lengths, I think old season was 36 and new season is 34. I suggest maybe the new flathead 310/3001s or samurai 710. They seem to be quite popular, but long inseams! If you order skulls direct, they will hem your jeans to your desired length, they also accept paypal. (skull 5010xx is the slimmest cut)

Best way to measure yourself is to take the tape measure around where you want your jeans to sit.

For instance, I am a size 32 measured on my waist but I wear jeans in a 30. My hips however, measure 34 but I don't usually wear my pants that low.

Hope that helps.

Hi there theres, am certaintly a newbie. got a question

i got a pair of edwin blue trip. not sure whats the model but i was told it was raw black. then recently, i seen another pair which looks almost identical which saysblack rinse. question: how do i know if its raw or not? if its a rinsed model, will there still be fading. i was anticipating fades

thanks guys

Rinsed denim will still fade...

Look at it like a pair of one washed jeans .Not the identical process - but pretty much the same result.

You should be able to feel the difference by stiffnes of the new denim (starch) - or a somewhat softer feel (starch due to wash or rinse mostly gone).

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic