SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I just bought a pair of size 30 Imperials, but they turned out to be soo tight that I can hardly button the top button. The thigh and bum feel really really tight, should I just let them stretch out or should I sell them?

Sell them for sure. Buy a pair that fits when new.

Edit: HA - Just saw in the Spupermarket that you already put them up for sale. Good call.

How do people feel about tubmle drying in a drying machine? Will this have any real affect? I know most people hang dry here, but that aint gonna happen easily in my NYC apartment.

tumble dry had no negative effects for me. i flipped them inside out and threw them in with the rest of my clothes.

i dont think ive ever had a bootcut that seem so flared and stack so wierd. probally since the knees and uper leg are so slim and because the inseam is where it is flared.

pbj-004. only been soaked twice. do these look alright or should i hem or should i taper?

they look really bad when i am wearing this jacket. i think the silhouette throws it off more.

pea12jf0.jpg

notice the random lumpy stack on my left leg.

hpim0778zy0.jpg

they look alright from the side.

hpim0780wm9.jpg

How do people feel about tubmle drying in a drying machine? Will this have any real affect? I know most people hang dry here, but that aint gonna happen easily in my NYC apartment.

i always hang dry in my basement. if you put a fan on it it will dry overnight for sure. i even remember seeing some dude stretch the jeans over the top of a big fan so both sides were getting air and it dried them in a hour or something.

otherwise it only takes a day or so. cheaper than putting quarters in the machine. ive heard that the spin cycle in the washing maching can mess up your fading FYI. soak and hang for the first few washes just to be safe.

whats brand of jeans make non-ridged jeans.

i want something like H&m Sliq... light and non ridged.

unlike apc really stiff and ridged

list all brand a model of jeans please thanks.

i think you mean lighter weight? you could always go for one of the non selvedge/ non greycast models that nudie offers. bootcut ola or slim jim in dry.

im htinking about getting a cheap sewing machine, how difficult is it to tailor your own clothes? if i could just shorten a bunch of shirts to look good itd be worth it

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14278

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/search.php?searchid=1155218

i just got a 20 dollar portable maching from target yesterday to do t-shirt tapering. if you have more time than money than go for it.

i dont think ive ever had a bootcut that seem so flared and stack so wierd. probally since the knees and uper leg are so slim and because the inseam is where it is flared.

pbj-004. only been soaked twice. do these look alright or should i hem or should i taper?

they look really bad when i am wearing this jacket. i think the silhouette throws it off more.

notice the random lumpy stack on my left leg.

they look alright from the side.

Bootcut is evil...taper.

If you're going to wear bootcut, it's probably not a very good idea to stack...at all. Should hem them to an appropriate length. And if that doesn't work for you, definitely get them tapered.

Plus generally, you shouldn't wear a trench/peacoat with loose/stacking bootcut jeans and trainers, also part of the reason the combo and silhouette looks less than appealing for you.

Technically none of samurai's jeans are repro fits. They pretty much just do their own thing.

I would say the fading between sam denim and skull 6x6 denim is similar in "speed". I would recommend the skull 5010 6x6 (texas cotton) for a slim/skinny fit and the s500XX sams for a more regular slim fit. To me they have been the two fastest fading brands.

^^ thanks bro. how about something similar to the 5010 6x6 but a heavy denim? i like the weight of my sammy bks 17oz i believe....skulls is a 14.5oz

I think what you have to learn is that, 90% of denim companies don't produce denim over 14.5 or even 15oz. Samurai and Iron Heart of kind of special that they produce such heavy denim. But with that in mind, the slimmest and heaviest pair of jeans you'll find is the samurai 710, 19oz. The rise is a little high though.

Are older(not exposed pocket selvedge), raw WESC jeans sanforized? There was a thread asking the same question, one person said they were. I'm still unsure though, because mine are tagged 30w but the actual waist is 32...seems odd. On the other hand, a one hour long hotsoak shrunk it up just under an inch. Wondering if more soaking/washes will continue to shrink them, since they're still too big for me.

^Don't think so. If your game though, chuck them in the dryer inside out for 40 minutes and see what that does.

What is the advantage to washing and/or drying inside out? Ive heard people claim that this is so that it doesn't rub against other jeans if you are washing multiple items. However, wouldn't it just rub against itself if it isnisde out?

I have a pair of APC rescues that I have been wearing for the past year or so. I hot soaked them before I started wearing them hard. At this point, whiskers are showing and is probably a good time to soak again or wash them? Do I cold or hot soak if I'm soaking?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic