SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

>>>sedx

I once had to wash some blood out of my gfs nudies...anyway you can imagine what type of blood im referring to here. The trick is to get it before it dries and to use hot water to flush it out. I just used some normal hand soap and rubbed the denim on itself, rinsed it out and it turned out fine. No trace or blood (or smell) :D

To get rid of blood stains - always use COLD water....ALWAYS...

if i wear 29w in joey overdrives (could probably wear a 28, but 29 is comfy), should i go with a 28 or 29 in grey colordrive munichs?

i vaguely remember reading that the waist sizing was a bit messed up on colordrives in comparison to overdrives...

let me know, cheers.

bump..............

Thanks for your help, Cameland. I guess it's hard to find something with a leg opening that's less than 7, so it doesn't have to be. Anyways, it depends on how loose the thighs are, even 8-9" would give the impression of a real taper if the jeans are wider on top.

I "stole" two photos from Whyred and Wester/Tresbien Shop just to give an idea.

ex.jpg

ex2.png

(Rolling is apparently very big among Swedish fashionistas.)

dude, where did you find that second picture? is it carin wester? i googled and looked at her site but couldn't find this...

Simple job for any tailor, if your doing quite a large taper then ask for it to be taken in from both sides, so the seams don't twist, if its only by 1 or 2cm then just take it from the inseam if its selvage. If its not selvage its easier to take them in from the outseam. .

Simple job for any tailor, if your doing quite a large taper then ask for it to be taken in from both sides, so the seams don't twist, if its only by 1 or 2cm then just take it from the inseam if its selvage. If its not selvage its easier to take them in from the outseam. .

they are selvedge denim and im thinkin of taking them in about an inch, whats the best way for that as i also dont want to ruin the stitching

i need some sneakers. maybe even dress shoes. i am having trouble finding any that do not use leather. i like the look of visvims, some dior... does anybody have a suggestion or two? i have tried to find veg brands, but they don't look so good - at least many veg brands that i have seen personally. any advice helps. if anybody knows of a particularly sharp-looking pair that contains no leather, please let me know.

thanks,

mike

u can save the selvage, but it wont be as nice looking as if you didnt care. basically he can take it in only on the inseam (probably, i dont know the logistix) but it looks nicer if he takes it in from both sides, from wat i undesrtand. i might be stoopid tho.

u can save the selvage, but it wont be as nice looking as if you didnt care. basically he can take it in only on the inseam (probably, i dont know the logistix) but it looks nicer if he takes it in from both sides, from wat i undesrtand. i might be stoopid tho.

im in the uk, and not near london so i dont think there are many good tailors who would be able to do it where i live

im in the uk, and not near london so i dont think there are many good tailors who would be able to do it where i live

Here are a few threads discussing tailors...if you're concerned about getting a good job done, you may want to send them to London to get them done the way you want.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=301944

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35248

Damn, told at the post above.

Anyway, noob wash/fade question. I normally don't care for nudies that much but i just bought a pair of the Ultra Coated indigos. I know you should not wash for a while to get fading in certain areas etc etc, but what if you wash it before any of that? Will the denim just stay uniformly coloured?

I'm just worried about how light the fades on this blue will get.

you should have stopped at "I normally don't care for nudies that much." yeah, me neither. i gave mine to the salvation army and wrote em off on my taxes. pretty much the only use for nudie jeans. (did i say that out loud?) anyway, somewhere on the west coast is a bum wearing a $185 dollar pair of jeans ... pretty sure he/she is following there lame-ass "no-wash for six month policy." it cracks me up. sorry to all you who love nudies. no offense.

Fuck, I just received my Samurai A101 belt, and got a size 30, shit's hella too small for me. But it should of fit me, since the sizing is about 70~80cm... anyone have expierence with Samurai belt that can help me out. I hope I can trade or something... shit's expensive.

Fuck, I think I'm suppose to get a size 34, I'm useing a Ralph Lauren belt right now and it's labeled 32, which is about 80cm.

^

i have one. you need to size up one from whatever your true waist size is. e.g., if you are a true 32 you need to buy a 34 with the A101, etc. i think the problem your having is the way that samuari actually measures the size, it may be different than that of ralph lauren.

Hey, thanks for the input, well, I'm a little bit below a size 30". I think my ideal would be a 32", but I'm still a little afraid about that too, haha. I'll go ahead and try to make a deal on trading it in for a 32 somehow, and hopefully a 32 will work. Cause I want some slack as well with a 32. If I was a true 30, how many extra holes would I have available?

^

im looking at mine now and i have two extra hole spots, and it extends about an 1 1/2 inch past my first belt loop. im a 34-35 waist and bought a 38 in the A101. I could be wrong about this but I think they only make it in even sizes so if you are below a 30 a 32 would work but you might only be able to get into the first or second set of belt holes, a 34 should give you plenty of extra room on the belt. it just depends on how you like to wear it. check with the samuari website for actual measurements. if i remember correctly, the measurement starts where the leather with the printed size on it ends on the back side. does that make sense? but make sure i am correct before you re-order.

Damn, nice get on the Cane's.

Anyways, I think I'm going to order a size 34 in the Samurai belt. Actually, I noticed on my Ralph Lauren belt, that it's a size 32/80, assuming the '80' is the measurement in centimeters. And the Samurai belt in size 34 is...

34inch(81cm~91cm)中心穴まで86cm

Do you think this would be about the same stuff as my Ralph Lauren?

I think I somewhat am starting to understand how they're measureing the belt. I just measured the Ralph Lauren belt, from the buckle to the hole I use, it's 32 inches. And if I measure it to the middle, it's about 33. And assuming the "86cm" on the Samurai measurement is the middle hole from the buckle, this would seem about right... eh?

btw, did you tan your's or oil it?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic