SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I need some suggestions for some Nudies. Okay, so I wear Krew slims in a 30 but I can easily fit in a 28 of the Krews and I have a some size 29 Levi STF's that are pretty big, I can stick my fist in them. So what size should I get in Nudie Slim Jim Dry's, Japan's, or Grey Cast's?? I was thinking of a 27, 28, or even a 29 but I'm a little unsure. I've been leaning towards the 28 because I don't like my jeans too tight, nor baggy. Help please?

has anyone had any experience with stormy blue jeans? there are a few models that ive found online but i dont know anything about them.

thanks in advance

They're decent jeans...but they have a hideous painted logo on the ass (most models anyway).

Ed posted some pictures of the collabo with Take5 in the This or That thread...they were much nicer.

i have a pair of thin finns, and i love the fit, although they dont have much of a crotch left.. i'd like a pair of jeans with the same fit (or more importantly, the same fit of the tight legs) but that will last a good bit longer. i want to wear them every day for a long time! any suggestions?

btw, how about the s710xx?

Hrmm, theres not much high quality skinny denim, well not as skinny as the TF anyway. The 710s will be quite a bit bigger than your finns with way less taper. TF - 17cm leg opening, 710 - 19cm leg opening.

I'd have a look at getting some John Bulls, or skulls even though they have questionable stitching jobs.

Your best bet would be to get an already slim jean and tailor them to fit like your finn.

i see, thanks. will there be a major diffrence in durability, so to say, between my TF and JB SC008? and the fit of SC008/thin finn?

and regarding tailoring, is it expensive, are they able to make it reasonably stock-looking (naturally not talking about the fit, but more or less everything else)?

and ofc there are local differencies, but just generally.

The JBs should hold up better than your TF's, really it just depends on the person and how you wear your jeans. I've never had crotch problems on nudies or j-denim. But others seem to blow crotches no matter what jeans they have. About the fit though, I have a friend on another forum who has the JBs and a couple of Finns, I can give you his username if you want.

If you are only tailoring the lower leg of the jeans it can look pretty much natural if the jeans are new. The major difference is in the hem, in most cases they won't be able to chainstitch your hems. So whether or not you like this certain detail is up to you, if you don't cuff your jeans no one will ever know. Just talk to your tailor, they will sort you out. Just bring your finns and say you want them to fit the same.

If you are wanting to save the selvage then be sure to point that out to them and maybe repeat it a couple of times. They will naturally want to taper from the outseam since thats easiest, saving the selvage involves taking it in from the inseam. Ask them to pin it in front of you, but they usually do anyway. If its a big taper, consider just losing the selvage and tapering from both sides, that way there is no "twisting" and it will look more natural. However twisting is what a lot of denimheads actually like, up to you own tastes to decide what you want though.

Damn, that was long, but I hope that helped.

yes, im sure asking him could help me, will you give me his username? :)

im going to consider the tailoring option, i guess i will just have to find someone and talk to them about it. how can i get the JBs exept from BiG, if possible?

right now im actually in this dilemma if i should just buy the best jeans i can find where i live (gothenburg, sweden), or order something from japan/US.. anyway im a little intrested in the edwin ED-55 that i can buy in "reality" which means less trouble with how they will fit on me. perhaps you have an opinion on the above stated model? ah, this is pretty messy sorry.

and just something unrelated: "one wash"? does that mean they are already washed once, by the same reasons most ppl (from what i know) soak theirs before they start wearing them?

and thanks again, it certainly is helpful!

If you get the JBs, you probably won't need to tailor them, they will be tight and skinny from the get go.

You can buy JB's on rakuten, just do a quick search. If you have problems finding them, just PM me.

Personally, I'm not a fan of EDWIN, the denim seems nice but not really all that special, but if they fit you right, you should buy it, which like you say, saves a lot of hassle.

One wash means the jeans have been put through an industrial wash and dry. The key difference is that they are put through a heated drying process, in most cases it will get you 99% shrinkage. Soaking like people do here, depending on the denim, probably will not get you full shrinkage. Also, one-wash jeans are usually hairer, softer and "bluer" than raw jeans. The stiffness can be brought back though.

I will PM you in a minute about my friend. Good luck with ur purchase.

They're decent jeans...but they have a hideous painted logo on the ass (most models anyway).

Ed posted some pictures of the collabo with Take5 in the This or That thread...they were much nicer.

i remember the take5 ones that edmond posted a while back. not a fan of painted arcs in general, but i was looking at these

img10571391394.jpeg

other than a proxy service, what is the best way to get my hands on either a cushman or loopwheeler sweatshirt

second, does loopwheeler make pull over hoodies or crewnecks, all i have seen posted in WAYWT are zip ups

third, which proxy would be most reccomended, and is there anywhere to see the loopwheeler product lineup

other than a proxy service, what is the best way to get my hands on either a cushman or loopwheeler sweatshirt

second, does loopwheeler make pull over hoodies or crewnecks, all i have seen posted in WAYWT are zip ups

third, which proxy would be most reccomended, and is there anywhere to see the loopwheeler product lineup

You might wanna try posting this in the Supershopper SQT. As far as proxies go, there's a lit of them here. They all seem to get favourable response, so just go for whichever one you like.

is the fading any diffrent between one wash/soak/nothing at all?

and what if i just wear them, simply skip the soak?

Theres very little difference in the result if you ask me, if you have a one-washed pair, I would just soak them for 10 minutes in cold water and hang dry to get the stiffness back. If the jeans are not pre-shrunk (sanforised) then I would advise you to at least soak them before wearing, although if you live in a humid environment the jeans can kind of "shrink by themselves" with time. But for someone whos new to denim, a hot soak is easiest.

I'm interested in Sugarane Okinawa's; my question is as follows. I've tried on one-wash 29's and they fit pretty much perfect, a little snug in the waist. Would a 28 one-wash be unbearable or is the stretching minimal and I should stick with the 29's?

Thanks

I'm interested in Sugarane Okinawa's; my question is as follows. I've tried on one-wash 29's and they fit pretty much perfect, a little snug in the waist. Would a 28 one-wash be unbearable or is the stretching minimal and I should stick with the 29's?

Thanks

if you think the fit on the 29 is pretty much perfect, then its probably better not to risk getting the 28's and they end up being too small (they run at least one size smaller, according to SelfEdge). if you think the one-wash 29's fit great, then i say get the 29's

Man, I really want to order some new jeans right now, but I'm having a hard time deciding. After a little research on this topic, I think I want to work with Nudies right now, or some Imperial Dukes. As far as that goes, I just need a little bit of help deciding what cut. I want something that is fitted, no skin tight, but semi-tight, fitted with a tapered leg, straight cut. I am about 5'7'', 150, 30 waist, with an athletic build so kind of big thighs, but not overly huge. As of right now, I'm kind of thinking about Nudie Even Steven, Boot Cut Ola (from what I've gathered, the boot cut isn't a BIG opening so no big deal), Average Joe, Some Imperial Dukes, and even Nudie Slim Jim depending on if the cut is weird or not. I also was thinking about some RRDS, but by the description it seems that it's more of a baggy fit then a fitted fit. Can I get some help please?

And yes, I know I should try them on, but as far as I know Houston doesn't carry Nudies anywhere or Imperials. and I have considered APC's but the way they stretched scared me off of them.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic