SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

furthermore, am i the only one with leg having narrower combs behind one knee and wider ones behind the other, whats up with that, i'm not that asymmetrical

This happens to me as well, I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with the twill. Could be completely false though.

Almost all brands carry "light and non ridged" jeans. I'd advise just going to a jeans store and trying stuff on. Maybe check out Diesel, Seven, True Religion, Gap, etc. Many of the jeans that are talked about on this message board are also offered in a "one-wash" version. This makes jeans softer than their rigid (aka raw) form. You can also replicate this process by soaking the jeans when you get them. Check out the Encyclopedia thread that is stickied as well as the gallery thread and the how do jeans fit thread.

where's the best place for me to pickup a pair of Flat Head 3001's? Self Edge has it for $ 280 and Rakuten has it for 19000 Yen ($ 165), but I'm also considering service, since I'm not too familiar with return policies.

If the option to return (and maybe a chance to try 'em on for real) is important to you, definitely go with Self Edge.

If you don't absolutely need to have a return option, proxies aren't a bad way to go...might save some change while you'd also have a chance to find a pair with tabs, as well. Though, you will be stuck with the pair you get, no returns/exchanges.

Does anyone make a nice black jean jacket? Preferably one that isn't the black that just looks like dark indigo (if that makes sense). I couldn't find any on bears or hinoya's website.

I don't understand what you mean...either way, check out Fullcount, Sugarcane and Flathead...they all make jackets in various colours, but not sure if they meet your mystery requirement ^^.

hmm... it's just that a few pairs of "repro" type black jeans end up looking more like slightly darker indigo jeans, which, now that i think about it is most likely due to the white weft (warp?). So I suppose I'd probably need to search for soemthing with a tighter weave or whatever that doesn't show as much of the white.

In other words, mostly ignore what i said about that.

hmm... it's just that a few pairs of "repro" type black jeans end up looking more like slightly darker indigo jeans, which, now that i think about it is most likely due to the white weft (warp?). So I suppose I'd probably need to search for soemthing with a tighter weave or whatever that doesn't show as much of the white.

In other words, mostly ignore what i said about that.

I think I know what you mean...I guess you'd be interested in something with both a black warp & weft, or overdyed. That's hard enough to find in a pair of jeans, let alone a jacket...maybe someone else has some ideas?

Does anyone make a nice black jean jacket? Preferably one that isn't the black that just looks like dark indigo (if that makes sense). I couldn't find any on bears or hinoya's website.

Nudie did a dry black coated version of the Connie jacket (black denim plus black overcoat). As far as I know this sold out pretty quick, but maybe they're doing it again.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=26978

They're also still making the Bo jacket (no denim JACKET as such)

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p146_NUDIE-BO-BLACK-DENIM-COAT---DRY-BLACK-COATED.html

I just bought a pair of size 30 Imperials, but they turned out to be soo tight that I can hardly button the top button. The thigh and bum feel really really tight, should I just let them stretch out or should I sell them?

if i wear 29w in joey overdrives (could probably wear a 28, but 29 is comfy), should i go with a 28 or 29 in grey colordrive munichs?

i vaguely remember reading that the waist sizing was a bit messed up on colordrives in comparison to overdrives...

let me know, cheers.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic