SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I sent some Sam 5000s for tapering (1 inch) and they just came back with the selvedge width more than doubled, even though I asked to keep the width as close to the original as possible. Is this unavoidable or is my criticism justified? I'm pissed getting half-ass results after spending $325 on the jeans and another $100 to get them tapered.

5732975588_a9f3b5c6df.jpg

photo-4 by Denim Chicken, on Flickr

I sent some Sam 5000s for tapering (1 inch) and they just came back with the selvedge width more than doubled, even though I asked to keep the width as close to the original as possible. Is this unavoidable or is my criticism justified? I'm pissed getting half-ass results after spending $325 on the jeans and another $100 to get them tapered.

Did you ask them to taper from the inseam instead of the outseam? Because that's the only way you can taper without affecting the selvedge.

Also, $100 for tapering seems REALLY expensive. I'd complain and see if you could get at least some of your money back.

Did you ask them to taper from the inseam instead of the outseam? Because that's the only way you can taper without affecting the selvedge.

Also, $100 for tapering seems REALLY expensive. I'd complain and see if you could get at least some of your money back.

Yes I did. The $100 includes approx $15 for shipping, but it's still high compared to the results.

Well, they OBVIOUSLY tapered from the outer seam, but there's probably no avoiding that if you want a serious taper. Why don't you just buy tapered jeans instead of altering?

Well, they OBVIOUSLY tapered from the outer seam, but there's probably no avoiding that if you want a serious taper. Why don't you just buy tapered jeans instead of altering?

They were tapered 1" and that doesn't demand tapering the outer seam one bit. I gave the tailor detailed instructions on where to taper, so this clearly isn't what I ordered. So an unwanted alteration has been made with no turning back.

I don't see how this decision is so hard to understand. The reason behind choosing the 5000s is that apart from the wide leg opening, the cut is perfect for me, compared to for example the 710s. And as you might know the Samurai denim is one of a kind. People get their clothing tailored to fit their needs all the time, so what makes this situation different?

Well, this is really an issue between you and your tailor. My guess is they've tapered equal amounts from both in- and out-seam, which is how they'd do most trousers.

Did you clearly tell them not to touch the outseam, and taper only from the inseam? Saying you asked them to keep the outseam "close to the original" implies you left them wriggle room!

It's still possible to undo the taper and and make the selvage look like it did before and then just taper from the inseam.

That would be cool. I'll wait for their reply first and then maybe propose this. Oh the suspense.

anyone have any clue what denim + boots combination this is? want similar profile in both, look like 511's?...more concerned with what boots those are or what is something similar? been after something like that for over a year now

2v31z08.jpg

(yeah it's from just jared, no I wasn't there browsing, it came up in image search...ahem...don't judge)

xpost question from MF thread

Probably should have posted here the first time..

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to get a Mister Freedom blue chambray shirt, but still contemplating between the mechanic or the utility shirt. I'm going to wear it untucked most of the time. So, do you guys think it would be weird to wear the mechanic shirt untucked due to its lower hem shape?

Also, I realized that there are 2 versions of the blue mechanic shirt available, the salt-pepper chambray and the regular chambray. I know SE carries the salt-pepper one. Does anybody have the regular chambray one? Is the material used the same as in the chambray utility shirt?

Thanks in advance :)

theyre docs (the welting looks A LOT like doc).

http://www.drmartens.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=13254003

thats the most similar looking one that i found, even though the welt stitch is different.

Hey guys, probably a dumb question but how do you keep you stacks on your jeans the same?

I have had my skulls for about 8 months and I've gotten some decent honeycombs but my stacking on the bottom seems to change a little everytime I put them back on, so no significant fading has happened. Should i just be careful when taking off, or should they eventually just fall in the same place? Do i starch the shit outta them? lolz

Thanks in advance!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic