SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Not a denim question, but workwear related, I've recently gotten into the workwear/repro scene, I've got the denims (Evisu lot 2000's, Sammies, LVC), but you can't really wear a chambray shirt and 47's with hi-tops to be honest. I was wondering if someone could help me find a decent pair of workwear/ workwear inspired boots (I'm on a budget of about £150 for boots, I have to eat too). I've already been recommended Red Wings and they look good, but I wanted to ask the collective knowledge of superdenim.

Not a denim question, but workwear related, I've recently gotten into the workwear/repro scene, I've got the denims (Evisu lot 2000's, Sammies, LVC), but you can't really wear a chambray shirt and 47's with hi-tops to be honest. I was wondering if someone could help me find a decent pair of workwear/ workwear inspired boots (I'm on a budget of about £150 for boots, I have to eat too). I've already been recommended Red Wings and they look good, but I wanted to ask the collective knowledge of superdenim.

if you are located in the US take a look here:

http://www.atthefront.com/us.html#footwear

I had some very distressed jeans tapered on the inside of the leg recently. Before, they had a beautiful puckering that was nicely faded on the tops of the ridges running along. Now it is completely smooth and one solid color, contrasting drastically from the train tracks on the outsides of the legs. What is the best way for me to get the original look back?

Soak inside leg seams in hot water and dry, then sandpaper once (if) puckered?

Anyone with experience in this please help! Thanks so much!

I just got a denim jacket, i like the fit and everything but the sleeves are just way too loose and long, any recommendation of denim repair shops?:)

Thanks, will rep.:)

if you are near LA schaeffers garment hotel

Hello all gents and ladies,

I'm looking to get a pair of APC NCs. This vanity sizing is a little confusing. My actual waist size is 27. So from what I heard, I should downsize by 2.

So if the tagged size 25 is a waist 27, and if i need to downsize, I need to get a tagged size 23?

But do A.P.C produce size 23s?

Down 2 from tag to get to your true waist. Common practice is to go down one more to account for stretch for a slim fit. So 25 tagged for tts, 24 for slim. I don't think APC even makes those sizes, and if they do, good luck finding them.

you're overthinking. just size down to 25.

Disagree. Denim noob + APC sizing illogic = need to think hard.

does anyone have any methods or recommendations on how to shrink the length of a tee

If a wash and machine dry doesn't take care of it, I'm not sure anything else will. I sense partial soaking and shrinking of any knit is gonna get you pretty funny lookin' results (think 'hourglass' shape).

in his words, "something more fitted than 501's, but not something skin tight." sorry, i'm realizing how vague this question is. any help anyone can provide is much appreciated tho.

He should try Levis LVC '47 cut. Still classic Levis fit but the '47 cut is significantly slimmer than you'd think. $220 is good price to start in good denim. Size up one for regular fit, TTS for slim. For him sounds like one-up would be smart (i.e. - if he's a natural 32 waist, get 33 tagged size)

Anyone know what sort of temperature manufacturers such as Eternal, Warehouse etc use for the wash on their one-wash jeans?

Had a look through Encyclopedia already but couldn't find an answer.

Guessing no more than 150F(120F is your typical at-home washer). Hotter than that does nothing to increase shrink and just boils the shit (and tag). I think each manufacturer's different drying process is what yields the end results.

Has anyone ever gotten their jeans hemmed by denim doctor / hollywood trading company? How legit are they? I need to send them my jeans through mail, but i'm scared i'll never see them again ahahah (7). Someone drop a knowledge bomb on me on denim doctor please.

How slim is the XX-005 compared to the Skull 5010X?

I'm probably going to have to retire my skulls since I keep getting bigger. I'm about 20 pounds heavier now than when I bought them and it's muscle so it's not something I can just diet and get rid of.

Also, since I have really big thighs, how would it look if I sized up more than people usually do?

Thinking of getting the XX-003, but can't find any fit pics

Help people. I had ordered a imp from selfedge web but when i was about to check out, they told me that the transaction was denied so i did it again for the second time and same time happen. But when I check my bank account, they deducted twice on it. What should I do. I had mailed them. Selfedge does have a sufu account right?

I'm thinking about soaking my Uniqlo S-001s in the near future and was wondering what will happen to all my hard work? Will the back of my knees disappear and return to normal? Will the same thing happen to my lap? Sorry if it's been asked already, there's too many pages to wade through to find the answer.

to get them soft just soak or wash them right now. you will get rid of the starch in it. they might be still very rigid after that but it will go away with wear.

wash and soak whenever you feel like it.

and forget that "6 months Nudie rule" ;)

btw: where did you buy them in the end?

to get them soft just soak or wash them right now. you will get rid of the starch in it. they might be still very rigid after that but it will go away with wear.

wash and soak whenever you feel like it.

and forget that "6 months Nudie rule" ;)

btw: where did you buy them in the end?

Ordered them yesterday in size 1 from BIG. If they're gonna be to small, would soaking also help with stretching? I might just wear them into the tub. So if the 6 months propaganda is pretty much bullshit, how come so many ppl do it?

Ill post pics if its not to embarrassing. That's my 3rd try of salvage/dry denim. If that one looks like shit also, I'm sticking to Hysteric Glamour. Ich bin aus Deutschland, lebe aber seit Jahren in Seattle.

wet denim stretches more easily. so yeah, that could do the trick. but of course, it will shrink back with every wash and you have to stretch it again.

the longer you wait with the first wash, the more contrast you get. at least that's what most people say/think.

but it also depends on the denim/dying quality. some denim tends to lose much indigo with washes whereas other hold the indigo pretty good. the latter can washed more often without looking stone-washed and you still achieve high contrast fades.

I would say, just wear them and if you think they are dirty and/or smelly just wash. regardless if you crossed the 6 months or not

Ja so 'nen Namen gibt man sich ja nicht ohne Grund ;)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic