SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey fellow SuperDenim-ers!

I am looking to purchase my first denim for myself. Recently I just picked up the knowledge on raws/drys/cold/washed and such on denims.

I need recommendations for my new denim. Here are some preferences that I have in mind for your reference to help me! :)

- Budget up to USD150.

- Colour to be Indigo or Dark Blue

- My TW is 29.5 inches.

- Do not really want stacking, inseam preferably 30 inches.

- Slim fit, not a fan of those jeans that sticks to my legs.

Hope the above information is enough. Please let me know if I need to furnish more preferences.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Get these from proxy.... but this might not be slim fit

but its japanese brand..........!!

http://www.furugiya.net/?cmd=original&PHPSESSID=f9a6e07997715633d71f83426e75ea87

^^^ faulty link...but anyway i have a wallet that i sewed together by hand using 19oz. samurai denim(donated by gordon) and some of the BiG thread. i made it last summer while i was recovering from a back-hoe accident. anyways it' been worn everyday since last august, through thick and thin. i forgot that i had never soaked or washed it, since it was a lot easier to hand sew while starchy. i figured a year was long enough, so i washed it last night in the sink. i saturated the wallet in water, then i hit it with a squirt of dr. bronners, then rubbed the suds in really good. i let the soap sit in it for about 15 min., then washed it really good in hot water. i had to change the water 4 times, cause so much loose indigo came out. once it dried, the denim looks great, but i don't know what thread would be best to post pics in. help...

Hey fellow SuperDenim-ers!

I am looking to purchase my first denim for myself. Recently I just picked up the knowledge on raws/drys/cold/washed and such on denims.

I need recommendations for my new denim. Here are some preferences that I have in mind for your reference to help me! :)

- Budget up to USD150.

- Colour to be Indigo or Dark Blue

- My TW is 29.5 inches.

- Do not really want stacking, inseam preferably 30 inches.

- Slim fit, not a fan of those jeans that sticks to my legs.

Hope the above information is enough. Please let me know if I need to furnish more preferences.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

30/30 or 29/30 may be kind of hard to find. I only know of Jean Shop Rocker fit and Gilded Age which produce ~30" inseam for some of their jeans. If you don't mind longer inseam there are plenty to choose from. If you get a pair of raw you can always have it taken up jeans. I believe the Kicking Mule 1 wash 1950 are still on sales at Revolve @ half price. I am a 30/30 but I can fit into the Raw 29/32. The KMW stretched and fit very nicely after 1 or 2 wear.

^^^ faulty link...but anyway i have a wallet that i sewed together by hand using 19oz. samurai denim.... but i don't know what thread would be best to post pics in. help...

post that up in the samurai thread and/or evolution thread. i'd love to see it.

or start a new thread for "Misc Denim Items & Projects" or something.

is there a wallet thread? probably...

how do i lighten my jeans? i want a very lightwash pair and these started raw and are about medium dark now. they have been worn for a good year and have nice fading where theyre supposed to, but the other areas remain dark. should i just add bleach and wash them?

how do i lighten my jeans? i want a very lightwash pair and these started raw and are about medium dark now. they have been worn for a good year and have nice fading where theyre supposed to, but the other areas remain dark. should i just add bleach and wash them?

i wouldn't normally do that but hey, if you want.

or just wash them multiple times, bleach isn't too consistent, some areas may be significantly more bleached than others

Today I hit 1 year on my New Standards.

I sat on my ass most of the year but did a couple crazy hikes and such so I'm happy enough where I want to move on to another pair and sit these out for a while. I got some nice whiskers and lap fades and the combs are representing themselves.

I've been curious about the Warehouse 660s, Samurai S0500XX, and the Eternal 811bg.

Major concerns are:

No 'diaper butt' I'm skinny and have no ass to hang a pair of jeans on. I want the jeans to be clean in the back. When I tried on flatheads I ran into the phenomenon on all of their models especially the f301 which I really wanted.

Not tight - Slim-straight but not tube leg ala Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture (Don't think that is going to be a problem with this selection)

Sizing

I wear a 32 in Skull 5010 black. Kiya says that measures 32.5. I concur with a measurement of 16.25" My size 30 APC NS measure out to 32.25" as well (Not buttoning the top button is the key to no stretching!)

So I guess my main two concerns are: how did you size yours and what does your ass look like?

so I just bought Levi 501 STF and washed it (havent worn them yet)

but when I tried them on, their really tight. I can wear them, but it would be kind unconfortable, anyway to stretch the waist?

Just wear them and they will stretch out pretty quick.

I'm a newbie so forgive the ignorance, and I know it was brought up on the first page of this thread, but not fully answered....here goes: Why pre-soak your unsanforized jeans? I know if they are unsanforized they are going to shrink a ton and this gets it out of the way, but why not just buy them to fit, wear the hell out of them and let them stretch, then wash em a year later or whatever. Seems like if you didn't pre-soak em the contrast in color after lots of wear would be even more intense, wouldn't it?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic