Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Yea, i would go with what BiG says. Big gets stock directly from japan while Inventory (and i think superdenim) gets it through a european distributor. My guess is thats part of what causes a lot of the absurd pricing and misinformation.

I agree BIG know there stuff. Regarding the European distribution i have had special orders in the past from SD and was told "DHL provide them with a 2 day service from jp with no days in customs"

Inventory appear to have retail addresses in NY and Vancouver where they stock RMC,  They also appear to have concessions/in collaboration with Viberg, Woolrich, Ebbets, Yuketen, Beams ect, in London and Tokyo so i dont know why they would purchase RMC from a distributor in Europe to stock stores in Canada/U.S if they have a business address in Tokyo, But they do tend to make the same mistakes so what you are saying does make a lot of sense.
Edited by Double 0 Soul

Trying to figure out the differences here.

What is the difference between the 905S and the 905XH? (edit) and then there's also a 905 standard model. (edit: just read, that the standard one is not produced anymore. It used the same fabric as  LotS613XH; also it only had four front buttons vs. five for the 905S).

The 905S on the RMC site is also specified as 14.75oz, so it can't be that the XH means heavier denim, because it's also 14.75oz unless I'm mistaken. Or is S sanforized 14.75 and XH 14.75 raw, i.e. around 16 after a soak?

How would the silhouette of the 905 be different from that of the Lot 003?

Which pair would be between the 991 and the 003? tia

Edited by indigoeagle

905S? never heard of this model, may be the new product currently issued.

Anyway, talking about the joe mccoy when they still got red tabs

905/ 905XH / S905XH

905 approx 14.25oz

905XH approx 14.5~14.75oz

S905XH approx 14.75~15oz

there are other differences between above mentioned three models including: fabric, dyeing, threads etc,.

905  repro of 1947~early 50's model

Lot 003 repro of WWII type

Thanks, guys.

But I was aware of that information already as I had read the last fifteen pages or so of this thread. Sorry, if I overlooked something. And thanks for the info there. Already very helpful.

But I didn't find any answers to these exact questions.

I know the 905XH is unsanforized. Not sure about the 905S. That might make the difference.

Here's the 905S:

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=3162&pg=

It's just described as Standard model.

Not sure about the fit difference between 905 and 003. They sound very similar, 905 a 40s fit (Vintage Denim) and 003 being the WWII model. The main difference might be that the 003 has more 'special' little details like the crooked sewing, etc..

TopJimmy has some good fitpics. Both models are 30 and one wash.

Lot 003

rm_mp12005_main.jpg

905S, here specified as 14oz

jm_mp13905_main.jpg

The 905 appears to be a bit slimmer than the 003. 

The waist measurements are much smaller. There is a weird jump in the measurements though between the 34 and 36.

Edited by indigoeagle

For comparison, since it's the same model wearing the jeans.

904S, here in W31, also one wash. It's described as slim straight.

jm_mp12112_main.jpg

Again the waist measurements are very small here, e.g. W33 and 34- 74cm.

906 S, also one wash, also W31 here.

The S seems to refer to Original Vintage Denim.

This looks quite slim. Reminds me of the Momotaro 0701 fit.

jm_mp13906_main.jpg

Here the waist measurements are bigger, e.g. W32- 82cm, W33- 84cm.

Unfortunately they don't offer the 991 XH (or it's sold out). It would have been nice to get a comparison pic. On coleslaw's fitpics they don't look as tight as they do here:

mp11010y.jpg

A good opportunity to compare the difference between a high grade Slavic cotton with the "king of cottons" Hand harvested Zimbabwean Organic i know there is evidence to substantiate Zim cottons longer cotton fibers as a marketing myth but these are both loomed on the same vintage looms and the quality of the Organic Zim cotton is mind blowingly good.

8815009604_41aa7027f7_b.jpg

The outside is soft cotton slub.

8814864298_068989f65a_b.jpg

The inside is very irregular.

8814854154_cc7b8bca0c_b.jpg8814854970_9593b294b0_b.jpg

8814858990_6e04115cbe_b.jpg

The Zimbabwean cotton comes with a 20% higher price tag.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Dont worry freezie im on it, They shrink between 3-5% on first wash removing a minimum of 15mm from the length then they are going to the tailors to have 2 of the stripes removed from the bottom, I was aware of it when i purchased them just wanted to wash the shrinkage out before the hem job. I will post some fit pics after i get the work done.

Thanks Flash!

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the stretch on Real McCoy's denim in general? Tried on a pair of 991's (non XH) a while back and they were the best fitting jeans I can think of for my frame in a long time, provided I can get the waist close to raw measurements?