Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Hm, I guess youre right. Apart from the sleeve length I'm quite loving it already :)

I have one of those in grey it shrank 1" across the chest, that should help 'pull' the arm length in a bit.

I washed my RMC military sweat last week for the first time, Took some sizes for Mich. Estimated 3% shrinkage. I washed at 30C P-P pre-wash was 20.5" post wash was 20" the sleeves shrank slightly which is what i wanted but the chest has stretched back to 20.5" with wear so Good Luck!

all my large RMC sweats have shrunk quite a bit, they were a little on the large side on me, I guess I'm some where between the med and large sizes.

I hot washed and dried them and they tightened right up so they now fit great, they do loosen with wear but I wash them pretty regularly. I have a 2 year old daughter so its pretty much compulsory.

fit is great.  I too was obsessing over my hoody fit, and ended up with the Strike Gold in XL, but because they are loomstate, they shrink about one size.  My main concern, aside from looking like a bad ass :) was the torso length.  I know the vintage fit was a short torso, but I cant stand that.  So, in my opinion, you sized correctly.  Nothing is more irritating than a high cost sweatshirt that fits like shit because its too small and too short in my opinion.  

Nothing is more irritating than a high cost sweatshirt that fits like shit because its too small and too short.

If you replace the word "irritating" with appealing and "like shit" with to perfection i would completely agree.

I persolally think there is little point buying any vintage repro item if you dont like the vintage fit.

But hey different strokes for different folks!

Is there any difference between these two chambray shirts.

Both are Lot 232 and made from what is described as Vintage Cotton Chambray.

Anything else besides the little tag on the chest and the chest pocket buttons?

Joe McCoy 8HU

img59022786.jpg

Joe McCoys 8HU

img58063296.jpg

Fit pics of my Lot 991 jeans, after two lukewarm soaks (without agitation) and after about two weeks wear. I went SD1 on these (these are size32, my true waist is 33") but still concerning I should have gone to SD2, these are a lot oversized in sizing.  I checked a lot of pics on the McCoy's official blog and I totally expected to achieve that slim fit with SD1.

Or these will shrink enough after the first wash to fit slimmer? What are your thoughts?

img2117s.jpg

img2119qb.jpg

img2120ve.jpg

Of course, they obviously need a hemming, but I haven't sent them anywhere yet as I'm concerning to keep it or not.

(and sorry for the crappy iPhone pics)

Did you find it shrunk more after the first soak? I did a pretty hot soak for around 45-50 minutes, but that's it. 

^ Yes, I've decided to put them on the Bay and here in the supermarket too. 

^^ misterjuiceman - after the first soak they shrunk a lot, but the second didn't make a lot difference and they've also stretched out...

I put here the raw and post soak (after the second soak and two weeks wear) measurements, maybe someone find it helpful

waist: 35,2" -> 34"
front rise: 10,75" -> 10"
back rise: 15,5" -> 14,5"
thigh: 12,5" -> 11,75"
knee: 9" -> 8,5"
leg op: 8,1" -> 7,75"
inseam: 38" -> 35,5"

maybe a first wash will do a bit more, but I think I have to get a size 31 for the fit what are they supposed to be. /or considering to buy a Fullcount 1109 or Skull...

I think you need to sd1 but "from the size you usually wear" not your true waist size, so if you usually wear a 32" you need to buy these in a 31" to maintain that same fit. Would you agree eleks?

I always wear a 32" so i bought a 31" in the RMC but if i stretch a tape around my waist at the point my jeans sit it measures 34"

If your true waist measures 33" im guessing you usually wear a 31" or 32" and should have got these in a 30" or 31"

At the real mccoys store in tokyo they suggested sizing down between two and three. They said if i were to size down two i should machine wash in hot water twice. They expect you to go for a lot more shrinkage then just a hot soak. I also find that they dont really design the jeans to be snug around the waistband. (I had the luxury of trying a bunch of double hot washed samples they keep at the store)

I think you need to sd1 but "from the size you usually wear" not your true waist size, so if you usually wear a 32" you need to buy these in a 31" to maintain that same fit. Would you agree eleks? I always wear a 32" so i bought a 31" in the RMC but if i stretch a tape around my waist at the point my jeans sit it measures 34"If your true waist measures 33" im guessing you usually wear a 31" or 32" and should have got these in a 30" or 31"

Of course, I agree. I realized also that I should have got a 31" to get that fit.

I usually wore 33" and maybe one 32" jeans (for example acne, vans), but I'm a starter in raw denim and I think I've lost a little bit weight, so I have to count that too :)

a.khan12390 - that's crazy about the sizing and shrinkage. and you're lucky in trying those on.

Started wearing my pair after initial soak/wash...

1b45cc1bbe7d4feab2a14d6f9752bdf7_zpsb3c8

1242e5f715dd5eddb80c8d467c5d85de_zpsd204

1af2acc8eb845d8ff9ab0b534c72c654_zps398d

21b0e918e4f1abda6549db78393a1ba3_zps14cb

bb029be672ef6b17082fc588282b522e_zpsb94e

Could have sized down one more, but due to the lose cut it will be just fine.

Very little additional shrinkage:

Lot.003

Waist 34.5-35" - 34.5"

Front Rise 11.5" - 11"

Back Rise 17.75" - 17.5"

Inseam 34" - 33"

Thighs 13" - 13"

Knee 9.5" - 9.5"

Leg Opening 9.25" - 9-9.25"

Edited by Foxy2