Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

a first fit/cuff update: JMC991XH

6q0q.jpg

That's one, maybe the best fit I've seen on a pair of jeans, ever! Damn they look good.

I'm so, so close to purchase a pair of the 991XH or the 906S. My only concern or should I say question is, how those two jeans/models age and feel in terms of the denim itself?

I'd like something different and think the McCoy's are something different than the other more "popular" brands.

Finn: did you handle the 906S while buying the 991XH?

I'm curious to know people's thoughts about the 906S denim and the character of it...

Lol, I need to update my blog…

The 906 denim is a bit flatter in texture. I would say that the 906 denim is closer to vintage denim from the late 60's, with its smoothness and eventual light blue color. 

It's definitely not like a warehouse or denimexx fabric,that has a lot of slub, but its also not too even like sanforized denim. I would say somewhere in between.

• 2 weeks later...

I just stopped by the HW Carter & Sons store in Brooklyn and they recently received a nice little supply of McCoy's stuff.  

They had the 906s jean, some chinos, t-shirts, a couple of button ups, peacoat, Buco motorcycle jacket and wallet, N-1 deck jacket, and the McCoy's yearbook.  

I've never seen McCoy's merchandise in person and everything was gorgeous. 

Chain Stitch for Denim Jeans

Chain stitch, same machine(Union Special 43200G )

But different user, different adjustments, different cotton lines......bring different results.

You will find the differences after times wearing.

04q8.jpg

Edited by zk4025

So is there a consensus among us on which is the best N-1 repro? The McCoys version or the heavy weight Demotex version from Buzz? Both are similarly priced.. McCoys usually has the edge over Buzz and I'm leaning toward the Mccoy version but I like the sound of the heavy weight Buzz.. Anyone had both?

I owned the Buzz and want to pick up the RMC version this year. Still doubting which size to get since I found the size small of the BR version to be on the rather tight and short side. I handled the RMC a couple of years back and really preferred their lining over the BR one. That said you cant' go wrong with either one

Thanks Slab, was the one you had the heavier and more expensive seawash version or the standard Buzz version? Iv heard it said a few times that the mccoy lining is softer than the Buzz which definitely goes in its favour but I wonder which is the heaviest of the two.

cant say which one is heavier, my BR N-1 was the regular version ; non-seawash version

have to say; i really regret selling it but the size didnt feel entirely comfortable. Hope I can have another one soon

Edited by SLAB

Hey everybody,

Thought I would give you a heads up and let you know that we carry Joe McCoy/Real McCoy/Double Diamond and we are at 50% off right now at Independence. The following is what we have available on sale...

Joe McCoy - Lot 904S - $335 $167.50

Joe McCoy - Lot 991 - $275 $137.50

Joe McCoy - 8 Hour Work Shirt - $210 $105

Double Diamond Trousers - $300 $150

Double Diamond Green Twist Chambray - $275 $137.50

Double Diamond Wabash Stripe Shirt - $300 $150

If you are interested or would like additional information, please contact us by phone at 312.675.2105 or by email at [email protected]!

So much for holding out on not getting another pair of jeans, should be getting the 991 next week sometime. Does anyone know the difference between the 991 and 991XH, the site doesn't say to much regarding the differences.

Well shoot, I just told myself I wasn't going to buy another pair of jeans either.

Looks like that might possibly change.

I'm tempted by the 991, but I can't really find much information on the 904S.

Anyone?  

Also I think the only difference in the 991 and 991XH is the weight of the denim, 13.75 vs 14.75 but I could be wrong.

XH for extra heavy?