Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Thanks man, Im an all day sucker for anything with a story behind it.

This is my current buying philosophy now. And yes, you are my current style inspiration. You just come across to me as someone who is working in a WW2 USN submarine... most likely operating and taking care of the sonar system on-board.

[Edit: 6/10/2013]

The Real McCoys 37J1B A. Zielinski Co.

I covet this jacket!

First saw it being worn by a female member of the McCoy's team in a photo from Inspiration this year.
Then found it on RM Website.
Amazing fit - thanks for the background and detail pics Double O.
Did you order from BIG?

Was thinking of checking out both this and the Deck jacket you've posted recently when I'm in Tokyo.
You beat me to it.

How do they compare (if you could only have one?)

Nice work.

Edited by UkeNo

Thanks guys, Its nice to wake up on a Saturday morning to some complimentary words.

Living in a small Derbyshire village and being the only guy for 100,s of miles who rocks the "Sonar Operator" style i am happy to hear somebody appreciates it.

Purchased from 3&8 and it came with a free Kellogs Suger Pops beach towel which was nice.

Deck jacket wins hands down^ btw.

Some of you folks might not know this, but John Chapman (Good Wear Leather) has a deal with Real McCoy's where you can pick out what you'd like from their website then email JC and he'll order it for you. I've not done it yet so I don't know anymore details but the Good Wear team is about as nice and helpful as it gets, so might be worth a try if that certain item is calling you.

Some of you folks might not know this, but John Chapman (Good Wear Leather) has a deal with Real McCoy's where you can pick out what you'd like from their website then email JC and he'll order it for you. I've not done it yet so I don't know anymore details but the Good Wear team is about as nice and helpful as it gets, so might be worth a try if that certain item is calling you.

Just tried this on the strength of your comments to order some jeans and here was the response:

Thanks so much for your email. While we would love to help you, we have found over the past couple years that for our transactions with The Real McCoys, the shipping/customs/processing fees are quite expensive, and it would be best for you to work directly with them for a purchase. Real McCoys will only ship the item via FedEx and will only ship directly to us, at which point we then ship it out to you. In addition, we cannot guarantee sizing and are unable to take returns on these items.

Our best suggestion would be for you to contact them directly, and see if they can be of help with both sizing and to give you a quote on shipping directly to you. Here's their contact email: [email protected]

I'm sorry we can't be of more help.

All the best,

Vickie @ GW

This is taken from GWL... So there response contradicts this offer.

The Real McCoy's and Good Wear Leather Coat Co.

s.gif

The Real McCoy's and Good Wear Leather are working together. The products made by The Real McCoy's range from vintage leather jackets to denim and workwear, all with extremely high quality. We are proud to offer any of their products that are available. Each of their creations are made in Japan by skilled labor, using fantastic materials from Japanese factories.

s.gif

How does this work? By following the three steps below, anything that The Real McCoy's have in stock are available to you.

s.gif

I) Browse The Real McCoy's web site, which has all of their products, from leather jackets to demin and t-shirts.

s.gif

II) Let us know what you want, and purchase through Good Wear Leather (PayPal, major credit cards, checks, and money orders accepted). Send us your sizing preference, along with your body dimensions.

s.gif

III) We communicate what you are ordering with The Real McCoy's and they ship from Japan.

Most RMC retailers offer this exact same service so hit Gordon up at BIG. You might find that because BIG order re-stocks from RMC on a regular basis Gordon can add your order on top eliminating some of the JP to US shipping cost. GWL do not hold RMC stock so as they say "you would have to pay all costs"

Good luck with it.

N-1 Deck jacket jp= aprox $600

BIG $750

Inventory $1050

JC $700

I copped from JC because Rakuten International only has the N-1 in Olive Green in a size40" i wanted a 38" in Khaki (040)

BIG decided not to stock the N-1 last season instead opting for the A-2 deck jacket instead. (they only got stock of the N-1 in the last few weeks in huge sizes)

And Inventory.... Well you would have to be fucking insane!

This is taken from GWL... So there response contradicts this offer.

Exactly.......I had read all the blurb prior to emailing them,so was somewhat surprised/dissapointed by the response.

I would also recommend Yuichi at Kaizoku Pirates. They have stock of the Real McCoy's but he can custom order anything from them, if you want (of course sometimes you have to wait a bit, cause he can't order only one thing from the McCoy's). I have already ordered two times from him and I'm really satisfied. He also gives a shipping discount for overseas purchases and his prices are the same as on the Real McCoy's website.

If you want the .004 to fit in the waist without a belt size down 1" so if you usually wear a 34" take a 33"

roeyroeyy got back to me recently on the progress of his.002 after that great review a few pages back and said that the initial soak removed quite a bit of shrinkage but the first wash removed hell of a lot more. He also sized down 1" and said that after a few more washes will be confident that they will shrink to tagged size so dont worry too much at this stage about the oversize.

The shrinkage on the .004 will be a lot less drastic as the .002 btw.

It depends what fit you want, if you want to maintain the vintage look go down by 1" (i would) if you want a more modern/slim fit by all means go down 2" you are only going to get 2cm of shrinkage in the waist on the .004.

Bear in mind if you look at the fit the hips below the waistband look tighter than the waistband opening. This is also the case with the .003 its the hips that keep them up.

So I got my Joe McCoy hoodie...Size XL. I love the fabric and construction but fear it is a tad too big for me. The sleeves are also incredibly long, I hav to cuff them. Any thoughts? I was hoping for the perfect hoodie and now I feel like I haven't reached my goal...

Can I expect some shrinkage on this fabric?

DSC04505_zpsb905e165.jpg

DSC04507_zps022dc8c8.jpg

DSC04508_zps47184669.jpg

DSC04533_zps2e46aa1a.jpg
DSC04529_zps16cca74f.jpg
DSC04524_zps783f660c.jpg
DSC04512_zps590919b8.jpg