Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

In your list of '47, '50...a XX doesn't make any sense (except you meant for XX "enter any number" ;) )

XX was added back in the history to the Levi's 501 to say it's their top product and nowadays we mostly pull up 'XX' to talk about the details like hidden rivets, coin pocket selvage. At least in regard to OOE when you order there. So everything before '66 is in that case a XX

Correct me if wrong guys

From Gordon a while back

Hi Peter,

The main difference is the 004 is a more tapered leg fit than the 003 (picture attached), it also uses the same denim as the 001 style which is sanforized. The 002 and 003 use an unsanforized denim.

The 002 Ihave are not soaked but are way over tag size. My 001 are much smaller (even though tag size and stretched waist during soaking)

My 003 haven't got to me yet but look smaller than the 002.

Don't have 004 so not sure!

So my research suggests that Lot. 001 and 004 are indeed sanforized. This is apparently to make the surface of the fabric smooth to improve the fading characteristics. The denim is the same as Lot. 001 that are not sanforized.

According to three-eight and the RM blog Lot. 002 are also sanforized.

As far as the denims go here is what i know.

001 everything indicates this uses the same sanforized denim as the 004 but no mention of the rough texture.

002 14.75oz this denim concentrates on the "iro-ochi" this will not translate (thanks google) but basically means it produces the finest fade of all Lots. after multiple wears.

003 14.25oz custom made to reflect a WWII repro denim.

004 used a rougher textile denim

In other news i sized down 1" on the 003 post stretching i could have gone for a 30" (tts 32") still maintaining a loose 40,s cut.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

As far as the denims go here is what i know.

001 everything indicates this uses the same sanforized denim as the 004 but no mention of the rough texture.

002 14.75oz this denim concentrates on the "iro-ochi" this will not translate (thanks google) but basically means it produces the finest fade of all Lots. after multiple wears.

003 14.25oz custom made to reflect a WWII repro denim.

004 used a rougher textile denim

In other news i sized down 1" on the 003 post stretching i could have gone for a 30" (tts 32") still maintaining a loose 40,s cut.

Fwiw, iro ochi (色è½ã¡) literally means colour loss.

Hey Guys,

We are a shop out of Chicago called Independence and we recently started carrying Real Mccoys as a part of our "Pop-Up" collection. We do not have this product on our webstore, independence-chicago.com just yet, but we are happy to take phone or email orders, so if you are interested give us a call at 312.675.2105 or email us at [email protected].

We currently carry the following from The Real Mccoys...

Joe McCoy - 904S

Joe McCoy - 991

Double Diamond - Wabash Stripe Chambray

Double Diamond - Twist Chambray

Double Diamond - 8HU HBT Work Shirt

Double Diamond - Khaki Trousers

Real McCoys - Military Anchor Bandana

We are happy to provide photos or answer any questions we can!

We actually got The Real McCoys in just last week.

We got Sunny Sports, Kaptial, and Journal Standard in very recently, again as part of our "Pop Up" Collection of none made in the U.S. brands. We are working on a feature within our website to show these brands on the webstore. Should be soon!

Nigel Cabourn is due soon. We are really looking forward to carrying that, so the sooner the better! I'll keep you posted on the arrival date.

Edited by independencechicago