Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

From the SESF Shorts Party, June 27th - Sunday :

Kiya, Shubha, and Derek

4745282395_c22dcb4ce5_b.jpg

Ginno showing us some jeans-made-to-shorts which have gone to Crotch-Repair-Hell and Back.

4745931012_2bd3f83874_b.jpg

Kiya, any idea on when you'll get in a shipment on the Red-D Slims. To be more specific waist 28. Thanks man.

MJ, we've got one pair left at SENY. Give us a call if you'd like to order them over the phone... 212.388.0079.

Thanks to everyone that came, please post photos of your shorts here in this thread to make everyone else jealous. Wear them with pride.

After years of just reading messages, feel obligated to contribute. Hopefully I don't botch this first post.

Thanks to the Self Edge crew for the shorts party. Had a very nice time chatting with Kiya, Shubha, and others. It was cool to see the chain stitching in action and what others were doing with their jeans/shorts.

Two big decisions on the day: which jeans to cut and where to cut them.

The contenders:

- a huge pile of LVCs from the 90s

- IH 634S that are one size too big

- BIG x Paul Smith Red Ear that stretch a lot so they're usually too loose for my liking

- IH 634S-B (original arcs + tab) that are also about a size too big

I ruled out the LVCs (too many to go through), and then put on each of the other pairs trying to imagine what they'd look like as shorts and debated where to cut them. Above, below, or on the kneecap? I recently picked up a pair of the Sugar Cane shorts and while I wasn't sure I'd like them, it turns out I love them and their longer than usual inseam (for me at least). So I decided I'd just hem to 12.5 inches (same as the Sugar Canes) even though the jeans are all cut different.

Wore the 634S-B's and threw the other two contenders in my bag. On the way to SE it dawned on me that the 634S's were the jeans to cut for various reasons. It seemed wrong to take the BIG tag off the Red Ears and replace it with one from SE. The 634S-B's would make awesome shorts, but I was too chicken to cut them, not really knowing how long the ideal length would be. That and I've been wearing them a lot lately when it is hot, rolled up with sandals or flip flops - because they're not at all tight, they don't seem too warm. The 634S's have been sitting unworn for a few years and I knew I'd never wear them - nothing to lose. Plus I bought them at SE and they'd be a good addition to the pile of IHs I rotate through.

I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. I might like them a little bit longer, but I'm not positive. They need to get more beat up. I'm also pretty sure I'm going to send the Red Ear's in to get chopped as well. They're a nice lighter weight denim and seem like they'd be good shorts as well.

A few one arm, blind, behind the back phone shots...

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

This is my first post, but I wanted to share my experiences with everybody. Sorry to dampen the mood, the shorts party looks like it was sick!

Here gos, last weekend, my friend, my girlfriend, and I were embarking on a camping trip 40 miles outside of our homes in Atlanta, hoping to get in some fishing, drinking, leather-work, (and properly break in some denim in the meantime!). We got in late, and had to go to a wal-mart, (because it was the only thing open), for some food and supplies. So we were putting away our groceries in the parking lot, and this methed-out guy pulls up behind us, and starts making fun of my friends "tight" jeans(iron heart 634s, which aren't even that tight imo!), my friend tells him to fuck off, and get out of here... and long story short, the guy jumps out of the car and punches my friend.. and after realizing he cant win the fight, that he started, the guy stabs my friend around 6 times in the side, arm, and back and speeds off.

In the end, my friend is going to be OK, after spending 3 nights in the hospital with a punctured lung and a chest tube. But one of the first things he said to me when we visited him in the hospital, jokingly, was," Damn man they cut off my favorite chambray, and my iron hearts, although they could barely cut through them with the scissors. haha, what a bummer!"

So me and my girlfriend thought it would be cool to collect donations in order to get him a new pair of SExIH07's. We were able to raise $300 in one day from his friends! So, I contacted Kiya from Self-Edge and he hooked us up with the rest! So I wanted to give a huge thanks to him, and everyone at Self-Edge, for helping me and my friends realize that there are still good people out there.

iron heart 634s 4 months, no washes, one blood soak

front.jpg

back.jpg

honey_detail.jpg

selvedge_detail.jpg

red_selvedge.jpg

cuff.jpg

patch.jpg

stitches.jpg

You think your jeans smell, these things were RIPE!

They ended up catching the guy 4 hours later hiding under his bed. He is being charged with 2 counts of agg. assault, 2 counts of terroristic threats, and agg. assault. more info here, It is the second story down from the top.

you can go to my flickr to see the pics a bit bigger -http://www.flickr.com/photos/trashfactory

They ended up catching the guy 4 hours later hiding under his bed. He is being charged with 2 counts of agg. assault, 2 counts of terroristic threats, and agg. assault.

Fucking white trash! What the hell is wrong with people?! Hopefully he (and the girl he was showing off for) get the maximum punishment possible.

Glad to hear your friend was able to get his jeans replaced, and hopefully he heals quickly and fully.

F***ing rednecks. Nothing good can happen after dark in a Walmart parking lot. Too bad your friend wasn't wearing an IH jacket- that junk pocketknife would have just bounced off. Seriously though, glad he's going to be ok and that they caught the idiot who stabbed him.

octane,

Sorry to hear about your friend. I heard about it from some other friends of mine here in the Atlanta area. I think I ran into some of you guys a while back at Rag-o-Rama. Anyways, good luck with the new Iron Hearts and a speedy recovery!

Really nice thing for Kiya to do! I just got my Self Edge ring today and it is siiiiiick.

Iron Heart 634s-B Overdyed Jeans & Short Sleeve Mechanic's Shirts

One of the most legendary jeans we've carried at Self Edge was a limited run of Iron Heart's 634s jean which were overdyed black, that was four years ago and sold out almost instantly at the time. The lucky people that got a pair saw a jean that changed in color and shade like nothing they'd ever seen before. Iron Heart has done a new run of this same jean for just a few stores.

This version of the 634s jean has been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath. Essentially this is a denim that begins black and fades to indigo in high friction areas, or what the Japanese call the "atari" fade.

Also out this month is a set of short sleeve Mechanic's shirts in both black and beige and a restock of the popular Mini-Herrgingbone Summer shirt.

All these items are available now at SENY, SESF, and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

Iron Heart 634s-B Overdyed Straight Leg Jeans

ih634sb_01.jpg

ih634sb_02.jpg

ih634sb_03.jpg

ih634sb_06.jpg

ih634sb_07.jpg

Iron Heart Short Sleeve Mechanic's Shirts

ih_group.jpg

ih_biege_01.jpg

ih_black_01.jpg