Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The Denim Shorts party is happening again on Sunday June 27th at 4pm, but this time it'll be on some other level. You bring in old jeans and we'll turn them into shorts for you and customize them any way you want.

We'll have chainstitching machines, vintage single needle machines, riveting machines, and more.

Also, every jean we work on will have it's leather patch removed and discarded and replaced with a commemorative leather patch made for the party.

BOOMTIME.

this is a san-fran only thing?

Yup, the denim shorts party will be at SESF.

The Skull 5000XX 15th Anniversary Jean & Restocks

For their fifteenth anniversary Skull has released a special jean in limited numbers made of a new denim which they developed just for this project.

Hiro, the founder of Skull has produced a new silhouette for the first time in two years and woven a new denim which is made up of a combination of cotton fibers from Southern California and Arizona (but woven in Japan).

This denim is made up of a longer but thinner cotton staple which makes the denim pliant and long lasting while still rigid.

The new 5000XX jean and a restock of the very popular 5010 and 5507 jeans are now available at SESF and our online store. Restocks aren't as often as we'd like with Skull, once these are gone we don't expect to have them in stock again for a while:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70

The Skull 5000XX Anniversary Jean

skull_01.jpg

skull_03.jpg

skull_04.jpg

skull_05.jpg

skull_06.jpg

skull_07.jpg

Kiya, if you could do a bit of clearing up with the skulls (from Skull thread/fab-four website)

They list the 5000xx as being Arizona/California blend cotton, and now show the 5510xx as being the same blend of cotton. Nothing is said of fabric changes to the 5507xx, has it been changed also?

The Fabfour site also has some warning about sizing being different, has there been any drastic sizing difference with the 5510/5507?

Thoughts on the new denim would also be appreciated.

I know this isn't reassuring, but just read the Self Edge site, it's correct.

The Fab Four site is wrong in multiple ways. I have a very close relationship with the companies we deal with, what we write on our site and what we promote via message boards is many times (such as now regarding Fab Four) more accurate than reading the company's own website.

I can believe that, plus the FabFour site is contradictory. It says that the sizing has changed, but the size chart with the 'new' sizing is exactly the same as the old one.

http://shop.fabfour.co.jp/showcase/BB035.html this is the only part that confused me, it was listed as a news item on 21st May 2010, and points out the new California and Arizona blend.

I wouldn't have though the denim would be the same on the 5000 vs 5010, but they said the denim had changed, so I thought I'd ask.

The Denim Shorts party is happening again on Sunday June 27th at 4pm, but this time it'll be on some other level. You bring in old jeans and we'll turn them into shorts for you and customize them any way you want.

We'll have chainstitching machines, vintage single needle machines, riveting machines, and more.

Also, every jean we work on will have it's leather patch removed and discarded and replaced with a commemorative leather patch made for the party.

BOOMTIME.

Damn, I really might have to make it out for this. Sounds like a cool idea. Kiya, any restrictions on what type of denim is allowed? Can I bring in Non-Selvedge? I don't feel like cutting any of my good stuff because it all has so much life left. Thank you!

Damn, I really might have to make it out for this. Sounds like a cool idea. Kiya, any restrictions on what type of denim is allowed? Can I bring in Non-Selvedge? I don't feel like cutting any of my good stuff because it all has so much life left. Thank you!

One of the store employees told me on the phone that they'll allow any kind of denim for making into shorts.

Cross post for Kiya's input.

"Speaking of the 301s. I was checking out the measurements on a size 36 and everything looks like it would fit perfect except maybe the waist. Which on this pair is listed as 36.5

Usually I need something measuring 35 before stretching. My jeans stretch to 36 and they are comfy. I can't decide if these will be too lose or maybe just right. I thought about the 34 but the rise on that is too low.

Any advice dudes?(Kiya)"

Or a recommendation of something that has similar measurements through out but with a 35 waist for sanforized or will shrink to 35 for unsanforized. So that I can stretch too 36.

"Speaking of the 301s. I was checking out the measurements on a size 36 and everything looks like it would fit perfect except maybe the waist. Which on this pair is listed as 36.5

Usually I need something measuring 35 before stretching. My jeans stretch to 36 and they are comfy. I can't decide if these will be too lose or maybe just right. I thought about the 34 but the rise on that is too low.

Any advice dudes?(Kiya)"

Or a recommendation of something that has similar measurements through out but with a 35 waist for sanforized or will shrink to 35 for unsanforized. So that I can stretch too 36.

I would go for the size 36 unless you want it skin-tight because going down to the size 34 would essentially be like sizing down two.

What's the difference between the new San Joaquin valley cotton fiber compared to the old Texas cotton fiber used on the 5010's and 5507's? Does it make a difference to the fading properties, if so, in which way?

The denim on the 5000XX is slightly less rigid, a hair lighter in shade, and fades closer to what a vintage pair of jeans from the 30's to 50's would age like.

The denim on the 5000XX is slightly less rigid, a hair lighter in shade, and fades closer to what a vintage pair of jeans from the 30's to 50's would age like.

Is that same denim used on the new lot of 5010's? Because on SelfEdge I remember that it used to be detailed as Texas cotton, but currently it says San Joaquin cotton?

Is that same denim used on the new lot of 5010's? Because on SelfEdge I remember that it used to be detailed as Texas cotton, but currently it says San Joaquin cotton?

No it's not, it's a different denim.

If you notice on our site the two jeans are made of a different denim in the spec lists.

Any advice dudes?(Kiya)"

I have the 301's and they have stretched out a bunch. I'm 6' 3" and weigh 195 lbs. I've had mine for a little over a year. I wore them on and off with the 9301's. I've washed them in cold water twice. Mine currently measure 38 inches in the waist. The upper block on these definitely stretches out. You may want to consider the Flat Head SE05BSP. I bought these in a size 36 as well in January. I soaked them for 1 hour in very hot water. These have not stretched as much as the Iron Hearts and fit much tighter in the thigh area. The rise on the Flat head is a little lower than the 301's. I also notice a lot more bleeding from the Flat Heads. Between the two I like the feel of the Iron Heart denim. The 21oz denim is really comfortable. I hope this helps. Kiya - Iron Heart needs to make the 301's in a size 35.

The next collab is the Self Edge x Superfuture x Style Forum jean.

The jean is designed by Self Edge, patches are designed by the two forums.

22oz Unsanforized denim....

Any info on these, ie cut/general release date

Flat Head Wabash Shirts, Type III 3XXX Denim Jackets, Chambray Shirts, and More..

Flat Head has just delivered a recut on an item which ended up being the most popular FH shirt of 2009. The Wabash shirt has been recut for us and is finally available again.

Along with the Wabash shirt is their 3XXX denim Type II jacket which Flat Head produces in a raw state only for Self Edge, guaranteed to age as well as their jeans do especially considering the denim used.

We've also received Flat Head's chambray shirts in three colors all with snap buttons and selvedge detailing. Available now in beige, navy, and red.

Along with these items we've got a full restock of F310, F380, 1001, SE05BSP, women's Balder jeans and also cordovan card cases and leather/silver wallet chains.

All these items are available now at SENY, SESF, and in our online store.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

3XXX Denim Type II Jacket

fh_typetwo_01.jpg

fh_typetwo_01_03.jpg

FH Wabash Workshirt

fh_wabash_02.jpg

fh_wabash_02_03.jpg

FH Leather Woven Wallet Chain w/ Silver Feather

fh_chain_01.jpg

Flat Head Long Sleeve Chambray Shirts

fh_beige_01-1.jpg

fh_blue_01-1.jpg

red-chambray.jpg

fh_beige_01_03.jpg

fh_blue_01_03.jpg

i wore my self edge x homeroom t-shirt today and i was wondering if that was released for anything in particular? like a party or something..

i remember it was the first thing i ever bought from self edge but they didn't have my size so i just got a large, so it doesn't fit well.