Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

those RJB's are looking mighty fine....how much did I win for best dressed ?? LOL

$100, just sent you the store credit via email. Congrats!

Kiya - any chance of you guys getting the SC black studded belt back in stock?

We'll have a restock in September, they do a run of those every January and September of every year.

Christ those.... shoes.

:)

Yup, they're quite amazing, i got a pair myself and love them.

is self edge going to carry the 3sixteen/tanner leather belt? or is this an exclusive for their online store?

That belt is exclusive to the 3sixteen online store.

As if the Superfuture party wasn't enough we're having another bit of a party on June 27th at SESF.

The Jean Shorts party is happening again, but this time it'll be on some other level. You bring in old jeans and we'll turn them into shorts for you and customize them any way you want.

We'll have chainstitching machines, vintage single needle machines, riveting machines, and more.. Also, every jean we work on will have it's leather patch removed and discarded and replaced with a custom leather patch made for the party. BOOMTIME.

More info to follow.

Guess what I saw at SESF yesterday...

EDIT - PHOTO REMOVED

They had a Straight and a Slim model of which I cannot remember the model numbers. Denim was pretty Slubby and the fit was good however the rise was a little too low for my taste. I noticed that the tabs we visibly cut off of the back pocket but a quick look into the coin pocket will relieve your worries. ;) Can't wait to see someone get a pair!

As if the Superfuture party wasn't enough we're having another bit of a party on June 27th at SESF.

The Jean Shorts party is happening again, but this time it'll be on some other level. You bring in old jeans and we'll turn them into shorts for you and customize them any way you want.

We'll have chainstitching machines, vintage single needle machines, riveting machines, and more.. Also, every jean we work on will have it's leather patch removed and discarded and replaced with a custom leather patch made for the party. BOOMTIME.

More info to follow.

Daaayuuuuuuuuummmmm!

an_dsp.cgi?keyid=1116238&seq=1

They had a Straight and a Slim model of which I cannot remember the model numbers. Denim was pretty Slubby and the fit was good however the rise was a little too low for my taste. I noticed that the tabs we visibly cut off of the back pocket but a quick look into the coin pocket will relieve your worries. ;) Can't wait to see someone get a pair!

Kiya, I was just wondering with StrikeGold being Klax-on inhouse jeans, there must be something special about them that you decided to stock them . Care to describe...?

More info to follow.

debating whether or not to chop my 2 year old 634s.....

EDIT - PHOTO REMOVED

Lando, what did you think of the quality of the Strike Golds? I saw a couple of models of that brand in 23 oz denim for preorder on Rakuten, and I might be interested in one of them if you feel that the quality is good.

K,

I am a 33 SEXIH07BK / 34 SE05BSP. which are perfect fitting Thoughts on SEXI08 Indigo / SEXI08BK / 103BSP when doing a boiling hot soak. Want them fairly skinny so thinking 34 / 33 / 33 respectively? There is only one size of each left for the Imps...

I'd say you're a size 33 in all three of the jeans you're considering after a soak.

Dear A.Khan

The 5010 is also being restocked on the 15th along with the 5507.

The 5000 will have a looser fit than both and will be out on June 1st.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Hi Kiya,

Could you clear something up for me please. On the Iron Heart exclusive tan belt on your site, is the colour in the close up picture true to what it looks like in person? My Mrs is saying its got a pinkish colour to it.

Thanks very much,

Dan.

It's definitely tan, there's no pink to the color.

Any idea when a BSP restock will be?
Sometime in June hopefully.
Kiya, will there be a restock on the bsps?

Go back a couple of pages?

Kiya, any restock of that FH belt in the near future?

We'll have more this September when our new run is done.

Introducing Strike Gold from Japan

Hailing from Okayama, the denim capital of Japan, Strike Gold is a line created by the Hamamoto brothers with over twenty years of experience in the Japanese denim industry. Bringing simple styles with the utmost attention to detail to their jean line we're very excited to be offering this brand at Self Edge.

We're starting off the collection with two denim styles and two belts.

The SG1101 jean is a straight leg fit with a flattering silhouette for all body types with a medium rise and a classic fit.

The SG1105 jean is a slim leg fit that's got a medium rise and is slim from the top to the bottom but doesn't hug the calf.

The jean has a burly feel to it at first due to the rigid denim that comes in it's loomstate form, after a warm water soak the denim opens up a bit and begins to soften with wear.

This denim from Strike Gold has massive character even when raw with a lot of loom chatter visible from both the warp and weft sides of the denim. Due to the abrasive nature of the denim when raw the jean will age faster than most jeans and yield an extremely high contrast fade with normal wear.

Strike Gold has gone to the extent of getting custom rivets made which have a male part made of iron and a female piece made of copper. The reason for this is that the male piece will begin to rust over time but the female piece will darken and leaf over time giving the wearer a well rounded aging pattern even on the rivets. Crazy for some, essential for others.

Also available is a heavy duty belt in black or tan with a solid brass buckle.

Both the jeans and belts are available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for more photographs, full specifications, and size charts:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86

The Strike Gold SG1101 - Straight Leg

sg_1101_01.jpg

sg_1101_03.jpg

sg_1101_07.jpg

The Strike Gold SG1105 - Slim Leg

sg_1105_01.jpg

sg_1105_05.jpg

The Strike Gold Belts

sg_blackbelt_03.jpg

sg_blackbelt_02.jpg

sg_tanbelt_03.jpg