Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

when will there be a restock of the skull 5507?

June 15th.

^^ same, but for the 66bspbk in a 29.

Not being restocked, that was the only run they're making.

I also want to know about the new skull products kiya! Will the SExSkull collabo you mentioned a couple times be released then? I love the skull denim but didn't size exactly how I wanted with the 5010xx fit.. sized a bit too big and I hope size correctly with a new pair!

Just got my repaired 103's from SENY and I would like to commend this franchise on their skill and attention to perfection. My whole back pocket was trashed and they made it pretty and functional again. three cheers.

I know you guys do repairs and hemming, but do you do alterations? Like if I had a pair of jeans needing to practically be taken apart and made smaller almost everywhere?

Sometimes, I think I should just try selling them, but I like the denim too much.

Kiya you mentioned new Skull models being released this summer, can you offer any insight into what they are?

Are you referring to the anniversary jean?

If so it's a straight leg model, all the photos and measurements will be up on June 1st.

I also want to know about the new skull products kiya! Will the SExSkull collabo you mentioned a couple times be released then? I love the skull denim but didn't size exactly how I wanted with the 5010xx fit.. sized a bit too big and I hope size correctly with a new pair!

That will eventually come out, no more info on that right now, it's been a slow process.

I know you guys do repairs and hemming, but do you do alterations? Like if I had a pair of jeans needing to practically be taken apart and made smaller almost everywhere?

Sometimes, I think I should just try selling them, but I like the denim too much.

We don't alter jeans, we can do some simple things if they were bought from us, if not we don't do anything outside of hem or repair.

Taking Pictures Of People Who Take Pictures Of Themselves by Sidney Lo

Taking Pictures Of People Who Take Pictures Of Themselves is the debut monograph by Sidney Lo. Utilizing the streetstyle snapshot aesthetic that has been popularized by so many magazines and blogs, Lo meets, befriends, and photographs 79 people who post actively on an online fashion message board, Superfuture.

The subjects themselves often participate in "what are you wearing today" — an act of self-portraiture that leaves a permanent imprint on the Superfuture message board. It also highlights the virtual community as its users extend beyond the web and start collaborating in real life.

A4 Format

112 Pages

Semi-gloss Print

Softcover w/ Black/Black Inkless Debossed Title

Sidney Lo's new book is now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=85

book_01.jpg

book_01_01.jpg

book_01_02.jpg

book_01_03.jpg

book_01_04.jpg

Sugar Cane Summer Collection - Shorts & Shirts

Just received a new shipment of warm weather wear from Sugar Cane. This new collection consists of a pair of slim mid-length shorts and a couple of sugar cane and cotton fiber blend short sleeve shirts.

The shorts are made of a micro-striped Jean Cord fabric which breathes well but feels rugged at the same time. Both short sleeve shirts are made of fabric which is loomed from a blend of 50% cotton and 50% sugar cane fibers, Sugar Cane has been doing a limited number of these shirts every spring and slightly changing the pattern every year with the blue areas being natural indigo dyed.

We've also received a full restock of all five jean models which we carry from Sugar Cane and a restock of the Navy Picnic Short Sleeve Shirt. All these new items and restocks are available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65

sc_jorts_01.jpg

sc_jorts_03.jpg

sc_jorts_02.jpg

sc_jorts_05.jpg

sc_jorts_06.jpg

sc_tan_shirt_01.jpg

sc_blue_shirt_01.jpg

Any idea when a BSP restock will be?

Sometime in June hopefully.

the light striped shirt looks like it's the same material as the inner pocket of the MFSC Liberty CPO. true?

Good eye!

It's almost the identical fabric.

The New Slim Tapered Real Japan Blues 103BSP Jean & Suede Saddle Shoes

Real Japan Blues has done their first slim tapered jean cut and a pair of navy and gray suede saddle shoes.

The new 103BSP jean is a slim cut jean with a tapered leg. They've added back pocket lining, new arcuate stitching, and a very impressive new method of extending the life on the front pockets which we've never seen on a pair of jeans before. They've hand felled a secondary piece of denim on the inside opening of the front pockets and stitched it with cotton/poly thread, a true evolution for the way jeans are constructed.

The denim on these has been developed by Flat Head only for Real Japan Blues. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe.

The Navy & Gray Saddle Shoes are a favorite at the shop. They're classic, extremely well built, and very comfortable. The soles are full leather and are Goodyear welted for waterproofing and breathability. These are made in small batches in Nagano (Japan) by Flat Head's leather division for the Real Japan Blues brand.

The Real Japan Blues 103BSP jean is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store under RJB. The Navy & Gray Saddle Shoes are available now at SENY and in our online store. Check the online store for a full spec list, hi-res photos, and more information:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=76

Real Japan Blues 103BSP - Slim Tapered

rjb_01.jpg

rjb_02.jpg

rjb_04.jpg

rjb_06.jpg

rjb_05.jpg

Real Japan Blues Navy & Gray Saddle Shoes

rjb_saddleshoe_1.jpg

RJB_saddleshoe_2.jpg

RJB_saddleshoe_4.jpg

RJB_saddleshoe_5.jpg