Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Those Iron Heart shirts look really small on him. New 3Sixteens look great, though.

That's actually his true size and the sleeves are pushed up a little bit, hence where the cuff lands on his forearm.

kiya, will you be carrying the mf troy lined sack coats ?

Yup, we'll have them.

Might as well jump on the question bandwagon: Kiya, will you be getting any more of those Flat head heavy winter flannels in stock? Im particular;y interested in the black/red. Thanks in advance.

We're getting new colors of that one, not sure if they're doing the black/red this year though.

Just received a full restock of the Roy RS04 and RN04 jeans, they're available now in-store and online:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Kiya, I love the fit of the rn04s but I need a higher rise. Is there anything that fits the bill?

Try the Sugar Cane Okinawa or Hawaii.

Is flat head ever going to do a varsity again like the native smoke one from a while back? Always wanted that but always needed money for something else at the time

From what i hear they're doing one for F/W 2013, i know thats a year away but its better than nothing. Their varsity jackets are amazing.

Iron Heart Micro-Cord & Wabash Shirts

Iron Heart has just delivered the new colors of their popular Micro-Cord shirts which are now available in beige, red, and black. Last year when they released the black version it was one of the most popular shirts of the year. The fabric is a double-face weft woven micro-cord that's extremely soft to the touch on the outside and almost completely windproof due to the weft weave, while still being a light-weight shirt.

We've also received a full restock of their wabash shirt, these go quick every time we get them, the fit and fabric is top notch on these.

Along with these new shirts we've received a full restock of all their jeans which are currently in production along with belts, vests, and jackets at all three Self Edge stores.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IHSH-73_01.jpg

IHSH-73_04.JPG

IHSH-73_06.JPG

IHSH-RED_01.JPG

IHSH-RED_04.JPG

IHSH-RED_06.JPG

IHSH-50_01.JPG

IHSH-50_01_03.JPG

IH_WABASH_01.JPG

IH_WABASH_01_03.JPG

will you be getting the work shirt wabash version in, or just the western?

There is no workshirt version of this shirt thats being released.

Is the SE party on the 20th or 21st?

Party is on the 20th at SENY,

Ok, well Im referring to IHSH-68...

Ah yes! I was wrong, we skipped on that. We're getting the Flat Head workshirt wabash, which is the most insane wabash i've ever seen. They've changed it from the past two years, both the pattern and buttons take it over the top.

is there any way to save the unraveling chainstitch runoff?

What do you mean by "save"?

I've never done anything to it on any of my shirts and they're all intact.

on my Ih herringbone all 3 runoffs are unraveling naturally without a wash and only two wears.

Yup, depending on the tightness of the woven threads they can unravel or stay woven together.

I have some questions and need some advice. My jeans are starting to fray in certain areas of the jeans and I already have some rips/holes at the crotch. Would it be better to get them repaired now? Is there a way you can repair the frayed areas to prevent rips/holes or should I wait till it actually rips to repair them?

Edit: I would go to SELA for repairs fyi, not do them myself

Edited by noobedloser

I have some questions and need some advice. My jeans are starting to fray in certain areas of the jeans and I already have some rips/holes at the crotch. Would it be better to get them repaired now? Is there a way you can repair the frayed areas to prevent rips/holes or should I wait till it actually rips to repair them?

Edit: I would go to SELA for repairs fyi, not do them myself

Bring them into SELA now before the wholes get much worse. Drop them off anytime during business hours and we'll sort you out.

I purchased the Kawatako Hand-Dyed Snap Wallet (http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91&products_id=824) a few months ago and it's absolutely the most beautiful wallet I've ever owned. The only thing is it doesn't fit American currency very well at all and I find that I can only reasonably fit around 5-6 bills in there at once. I also have to fold the bills because you have to sort of stuff the bills in otherwise. Have you guys run into the same issue with these wallets?

We've sold quite a few of those wallets and haven't heard of that so far. The wallet is quite giving, it stretches over time and we've stuffed quite a few bills in there.

I don't have that particular wallet, but I noticed the same thing on the Tanner Goods wallet I purchased earlier this year. The edge of the wallet near the seams was quite stiff when new, but its stretched out since and I now have no problem fitting american bills in length wise. I've had more than 15 bills in there at one time without any space problems. I'm sure the Kawatako wallet will stretch as well.