Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hey Kiya, will the SExIH 23oz 634s be going up for sale actually on the 20th, or before?

Yup, on the 20th online and at all three Self Edge stores long with the Final Denim Jacket and the SEXIH tee.

Edited by kiya

I don't have that particular wallet, but I noticed the same thing on the Tanner Goods wallet I purchased earlier this year. The edge of the wallet near the seams was quite stiff when new, but its stretched out since and I now have no problem fitting american bills in length wise. I've had more than 15 bills in there at one time without any space problems. I'm sure the Kawatako wallet will stretch as well.

This is the exact same issue. It's good to know those edges will stretch and the wallet definitely has a lot of breaking in to do. Thanks for the feedback!

hey will you guys be getting the IH primaloft quilted jackets? thx.

We should have those only at the SENY pop-up shop in about a week or so.

Can't wait to see this, any ETA?

Should be November 15th at the latest.

Kiya, what jean would you recommend for someone looking for a regular rise, relaxed though the thigh, moderate taper to the ankle and can be worn year-round?

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=714

Despite several repairs at SENY, I don't think there's too much life left in my RJB 106s. Mainly because I wear them to work and the busted pockets and crotch aren't exactly ideal.

Any suggestions on something similar (aka exactly the same)? As "boring" as it sounds, I might just buy the same pair again because they're the best fitting jeans I've ever put on.

Side note: even though the SE measurements are damn near identical, I find my SG 2105s slimmer than the RJBs, particularly in the thigh and top block. Not to mention the heavier denim is murder about 9 months out of the year in Texas.

Despite several repairs at SENY, I don't think there's too much life left in my RJB 106s. Mainly because I wear them to work and the busted pockets and crotch aren't exactly ideal.

Any suggestions on something similar (aka exactly the same)? As "boring" as it sounds, I might just buy the same pair again because they're the best fitting jeans I've ever put on.

Side note: even though the SE measurements are damn near identical, I find my SG 2105s slimmer than the RJBs, particularly in the thigh and top block. Not to mention the heavier denim is murder about 9 months out of the year in Texas.

I've said this before and i'll say it again, the 106BSP is hands down the best fitting jean i've ever owned. The closest i've come to it is the 1105 and 2105 from Strike Gold. Check out the 1105, it actually fits differently from the 2105 and considering the denim is way closer in weight to the RJB jean it actually feels very similar.

After many years of online ordering, today was my first visit to SENY. The guy (don't know his name sorry) was super kind and helpful. Thanks to him !

Pick a ST-100x, think i like it more than my 710x and 666s. Great fit, nice denim and good value. I think i'm no longer in heavyweight denim.

Edited by JoeySullivan

Kiya, is there any new information on the Self Edge and Iron Heart Denim Jacket being released this Saturday?

Do you have a price? or maybe even pics/measurements?

Thanks

All that is going up on thursday morning.

Will you guys have the new IH-555-01 super duper slim 21 oz?

We don't fuck with the Iron Heart secret codes, what is that?

i'm guessing the party won't start until around close saturday but you'll be open before that, right? hope to get down before the chaos starts to check everything out

Yup, we'll be open all day.

Also, we're having a pre-party friday night at Hair of the Dog, a bar directly across the street. There should be about 30 to 40 of us there from 7pm to midnight.

FRIDAY NIGHT PRE-PARTY INFO

We know a lot of people have come from out of town for the Iron Heart Pop-Up event at SENY so we've arranged a meeting place for friday night.

Friday, October 19th, 8pm to Late

Hair of the Dog

168 Orchard St

Lower East Side

Hair of the Dog is across the street from Self Edge NY, it just opened last week so we have no idea how it is. We do know they have food and liquor, and thats good enough for us.

Iron Heart Pop-Up Shop, Party, & Collaborative Collection - New York City

Over six years ago, when we opened the first Self Edge, we had a list of brands which we knew we had to carry. At the top of that list was a brand nearly unknown outside of Japan. We'd seen their jeans in a few motorcycle shops around Tokyo and admired their pure vision; this brand was Iron Heart. Six years later our best selling jean every day, month, and year is their flagship 634s jean. This jean looks great on anybody that tries it on, the fabric feels great right off the bat, and the denim ages well with wear, basically it's the perfect jean.

Over the years Iron Heart has gone from a few jean models, a few shirts, and the occasional winter jacket to a full diverse collection of jeans, pants, shirts, loopwheeled t-shirts, sweaters, wallets, belts, jewelry, and functional outerwear. Being that we carry other brands in our stores it would be impossible for us to properly carry everything Iron Heart produces. We wanted to show off their entire collection in the states so we've taken all the product that Iron Heart currently makes that's available in their flagship stores in Japan and brought it all to New York City for a ten day period.

Starting Saturday, October 20th Self Edge New York will be transformed into an Iron Heart only shop for ten days with a full range of everything they produce. To kick things off we have a party planned for Saturday (October 20th) from 6pm to 10pm. The entire Iron Heart Japan and UK crews will be in full attendance including Shinichi Haraki, the man behind the madness.

To commemorate this occasion we've done a three part collaboration with Iron Heart that will be released at all three Self Edge stores. On October 20th we'll be releasing a Self Edge x Iron Heart Loopwheeled T-Shirt, a 634s jean made of the super dark indigo SEXIHXLSXA13 23oz denim, and The Final Denim Jacket. The Final Denim Jacket is exactly that, the ultimate denim jacket. It's made of 23oz selvedge indigo denim, the body length is 2" longer than your average Type III jacket, it's got two front hand pockets, the entire body is blanket lined, the arms are poly quilted for comfort (when worn with a short sleeve shirt), and it's got a denim phone pocket on the inner left chest. They said we couldn't make a denim jacket out of this fabric due to how many layers of fabric there would be at a few of the stitch points, Haraki-San made it happen and and for that we're very thankful.

Iron Heart Pop-Up Launch Party w/ Iron Heart Japan and UK

Saturday, October 20th

6pm to 10pm

All Ages, Pork Slap Beer Provided for 21+

Self Edge New York

157 Orchard Street (@ Rivington)

New York, NY 10002

Iron Heart Pop-Up Shop

Starts: October 20th (Noon)

Ends: October 31st (7pm)

Self Edge New York

157 Orchard Street (@ Rivington)

New York, NY 10002

Self Edge x Iron Heart Jean, T-Shirt, and Jacket Release

Available at all three Self Edge store at noon (local time) on Saturday, October 20th.

Available in our online store at 9am (PDT) on Saturday, October 20th.

Jeans limited to 100, jacket limited to 50, and t-shirt limited to 50.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_TEE_WEST_01.JPG

IH_TEE_WEST_03.JPG

IH_TEE_WEST_04.JPG

SEXIH634S_01.JPG

SEXIH634S_03.JPG

SEXIH634S_04.JPG

SEXIH634S_05.JPG

SEXIH18_03.JPG

SEXIH18_06.JPG

SEXIH18_07.JPG

Are the jeans made of the exact same fabric (23Oz) as the one used on your collaboration with Leather Soul and Alden? Thanks.

Yup, same fabric.

wish it didn't have those side pockets.

I find jackets without hand pockets to be pretty useless (for me).