Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Flat Head tees and flannels, some which we've had before, check the online store under Flat Head for tees and heavy winter flannels.

What size Iron Heart Flannel do you feel has a similar fit to the size 46 Flat Head Heavy Weight Flannels. Thanks

I'd say a XL IH flannel would be great if you're a 46 in Fh shirts.

^

I just want to add to this from my own experience. It depends on why you need a 46 in FH shirts. Personally, I could do a 44 in FH shirts if it weren't for my mid-section. But, I have to do 46 for that reason.

So, I actually fit into many Large IH shirts, due to them being less slim throughout.

For those who were not able to make it to the party two Saturdays ago to meet Haraki-san and team, here's the next best thing - Haraki-san on video!

http://thecrosbypres...y-w-haraki-san/

A big thank you to The Crosby Press for coming out to film the party. We've got a few more videos coming out with them in the coming weeks that will be pretty entertaining as well.

Edited by ajchen

nice one... did not realize that Mark was the man / myth / legend Markmont. SENY fam all safe and sound I hope?

We're ok - are you? Parts of NJ got hit harder than NY. We're closed indefinitely for now - but thankfully we didn't suffer any flood damage.

sry if you answered already but when do you start selling new MF collection, and what pieces you have selected?

We already have three pieces at all stores, the blanket jacket and both flannel shirts. They're hitting the online store next week. We have the jeans coming in about a week.

Kiya, I never ever got around to wearing the ringring collabs that I bought from you guys December 2011 in the LA shop (great guys there btw, they helped me pick them out). I've lost enough weight to warrant going down another size but I know according to your website that you don't have a size 34 available anymore. Is that your active stock? or do you carry different stock at stores? I have a 36 iirc and I think a 34 would do me better.

I know it's been a long time and your return policy says what it says so I know it'll be hard pressed to get them traded in for anything else. Anywho, would it still be possible to get them hemmed?

Any plan to carry/restock old or new style IHW shirts?

No new Iron Heart Workshirts are coming out in the near future that we're carrying.

Kiya, I never ever got around to wearing the ringring collabs that I bought from you guys December 2011 in the LA shop (great guys there btw, they helped me pick them out). I've lost enough weight to warrant going down another size but I know according to your website that you don't have a size 34 available anymore. Is that your active stock? or do you carry different stock at stores? I have a 36 iirc and I think a 34 would do me better.

I know it's been a long time and your return policy says what it says so I know it'll be hard pressed to get them traded in for anything else. Anywho, would it still be possible to get them hemmed?

Considering it's been almost a year we cannot take them back, but we can still hem them for you for free.

any restock news of the 3sixteen+ 21bsp? friend is curious for the upcoming heavy weight denim comp

Restock should be ready January 1st.

D666 from the Iron Heart forum also loves Neds, PWEI, the Wonderstuff etc.... We had a long and interesting chat about the "Stourbridge" scene. Odd when the bloke comes from New Jersey.

Aah the stourbridge scene. Happy days. First albums by neds and wonderstuff were classic. That scene produced some of the best band t-shirts ever. Never really did forgive my mum for returning my PWEI 'sample it, loop, fuck it and eat it' t-shirt to our price records on the grounds of decency.

A little bit off topic but Kiya is following an interesting selection of late 80s/early 90s west midlands indie bands on twitter. Somehow, I never associated Kiya with Ned's atomic dustbin. Great band though.

Was that the "Pepsi" logo? I had a baby blue long sleeved one, wish I still had it.

I spent quite a few years following PWEI around the world, i even flew out to Birmingham then London for their reunion gigs about seven years ago. The firm that designed their identity in the early 90's was the one thats influenced me more than any band or designer, they were called The Designers Republic. They started in Sheffield in the mid-80's and shut down about five years ago.

I grew up in Sheffield and was a teenager in the 1990s. I feel like I saw Designer's Republic graphics everywhere on club flyers and billboards.

Yup, they were doing a lot of the visuals for electronic acts back in the halcyon days of IDM, especially ones that originated in Sheffield (WARP, Jenkinson, Booth/Brown, etc..).

Freezie, as an official of the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive, I have traced your IP address and will be visiting you with regard to criminal damage incurred to our omnibus fleet during the 1990s.

Oops, should have been more specific: any plan to (re)stock Iron Heart Melton Wool shirts?

We have the new ones now only at SENY for the IH pop-up, they're available in all sizes and colors until end of the day on sunday.

Kiya, how is the orchard street store?

I work a few blocks away on Eldridge and wonder if you got any damage or just no power? :/

Thankfully there has been no damage to the store, Andrew has checked on it multiple times and made sure there's been no flooding. Thomas is stuck in Arizona till the weekend. In the end we're thankful that nobody from the SENY crew has been harmed by the storm.

Excellent to hear. I'm quite sure my place of work is okay as well, but I haven't heard the word.

My friend in ABC city was not as lucky; her apt in ABC City on the ground floor and basement got worked. The downstairs basement room was flooded to the ceiling. Not far from either spot either.

Good vibes to anyone affected by the storm. It's hard to believe my area wasn't affected in any capacity. Just comfortably stranded :)

A little bit off topic but Kiya is following an interesting selection of late 80s/early 90s west midlands indie bands on twitter. Somehow, I never associated Kiya with Ned's atomic dustbin. Great band though.

Is it highly esoteric, idiosyncratic and involving a clearly defined and identifiable subculture? If so, Kiya is avidly into it, was avidly into it, or at very least knows a great deal about it and in great depth.

Said with elbow-in-the-ribs good humor