Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, sorry to be an utter pain, but on the Roy Chambray (L), what's the distance from the furthermost bottom (in the middle of the shirt) to the side 'bit' where the chain-stitch runoff is? I'm guessing it is about 2"?

51DB361D-3E23-4A43-A2EB-AF664715ED1C-1848-000000C113858444_zps119f5d70.jpg

Edited by FACE

roy shirt sold out? if anyone doesn't want their M send me a msg

We have one left in Medium in our online store, order it!

Kiya, if I'm a 42 in Flat Head shirts and between a medium and large in IH, would you recommend a large in the chambray, given the shrink?

If you're a 42 in FH i'd say get a Medium in the Roy shirt, the Large will be too big.

Kiya,

Can you count every stitch on the Roy Chambray (M) and let me know if it's more stitches that the Self Edge chambray I just might decided to get one... maybe.

Chop-Chop! I'm waiting.

Being 6'3", most of the time these shirts aren't long enough. The Roy shirt appears to be long enough but I'm concerned how much it goes up on the side. A simple question really that would sway me on buying it or not. For $310, I'd want to be 100% sure I like it. I'm sure Kiya would understand. Over the past 5 years, I have bought over 12 items (mostly jeans) from Self Edge (+$300 on average so do the math) so my commitment isn't petty like your smart ass comment suggests.

But it's cool, not worried about it now, sold out, glad Kiya didn't waste his time. Happy for Roy. Oh, I forgot to thank Kiya and Roy for fixing my Ducks, Roy even sent this which was really cool...

P9230001_zps61f7715f.jpg

Oh and here's my SExI14 after 14 months. Pretty much falling apart every time I wear them.

P9230009_zpsd691730a.jpg

P9230010_zps296e91fd.jpg

P9230013_zps932cee42.jpg

P9230014_zps4ca469e5.jpg

P9230015_zps45742790.jpg

P9230016_zps2217f0a6.jpg

P9230017_zps4f892709.jpg

Peacedoff, my non-answer has nothing to do with you or the question. I'm out of town and i can only do so much with my staff across the three stores and having the release go as planned.

We offer more measurements of every single size than almost any other store out there, anything beyond that will have to be answered via phone if you call one of the three stores. Sorry i couldn't get to this on time.

i know you guys just restocked IH a month ago, but when do you think the next shipment should come in? i need some 666s

that jean is only made two or three times a year, so it's not subject to the normal restocks that other IH models get. Next restock of that one isn't coming till the end of the year.

Peacedoff, my non-answer has nothing to do with you or the question. I'm out of town and i can only do so much with my staff across the three stores and having the release go as planned.

We offer more measurements of every single size than almost any other store out there, anything beyond that will have to be answered via phone if you call one of the three stores. Sorry i couldn't get to this on time.

Kiya, no worries at all. Not long after posting the question, I convinced myself that it I probably wouldn't be 100% happy with the way it fits. No dramas, your customer service is beyond the port of call thus why I'm a repeat customer.

Peacedoff, for what it's worth, I'm also 6'3" (and skinny) and all of my size 42 Flat Head shirts are a nice length, so you might give those a try if you haven't already.

Definitely not long enough for me unfortunately. Have tried many of them on and the only one that comes close, but it came up a ton on the sides was the Iron Heart Heavy Chambray.

KIya, what is the thread count on the Roy Chambray? Ha! Seriously though, is the Black version of the SExI14 the same kind of texture as the Indigo? Thinking of giving them a crack, would love a pair of grey (eventually) jeans? The 14s are the best fitting jean for me.

Seriously though, is the Black version of the SExI14 the same kind of texture as the Indigo? Thinking of giving them a crack, would love a pair of grey (eventually) jeans? The 14s are the best fitting jean for me.

Yup, the black is the same exact abrasive texture as the indigo.

New Stevenson Slim Tapered Jean, The Bucko Shirts, & Indigo Dyed Skull Caps

From one of our most exciting labels comes the first shipment of their fall/winter collection.

Stevenson Overall Company have delivered a new jean model which is a medium rise slim tapered leg jean. This jean is single-needle stitched and has details which would impress even the most seasoned Japanese denim fan.

Along with the new 727 jean model we've received their Bucko Shirts, available in two Supima cotton fabrics, both of which were produced for the shirt. The shirt comes with Belnap snap buttons, a pen pocket slit through the left chest flap, and is sewn together with a very high stitch count.

We've also received two indigo dyed skull caps, perfect for the winter. These things are pure indigo dyed and will age and fade over time with regular wear and washings. The cotton is from northern Egypt and is soft to the touch and strong due to it's extremely long staple. The skull caps come in an indigo blue color and an indigo black where the PH balance of the indigo bath is altered so that the outcome of the shade is an extremely dark almost-black color.

All these new items along with a full restock of their loopwheeled t-shirts, Red Check shirt, and Linen Open shirts have hit all three Self Edge stores and our online store. Check the product pages for full spec lists, measurements, and more photos.

Shop Stevenson Overall Company Online

STVNSN_L727_01.JPG

STVNSN_L727_03.JPG

STVNSN_TAN01.JPG

STVNSN_TAN05.JPG

STVNSN_INDIGO_01.JPG

STVNSN_INDIGO_03.JPG

STVNSN_BLK_CAP_01.JPG

STVNSN_BLK_CAP_03.JPG

STVNSN_NVY_CAP_01.JPG

STVNSN_NVY_CAP_02.JPG

just got my roy shirt in today, total insanity...

too many thoughts to be coherent but:

is the reinforcement to the sleeve opening the same fabric in a different state or a different fabric altogether? in any event this is my first encounter with menpu's stuff and i'm suitably impressed

i suppose the blind hem / fabric perforator is supposed to be turned inside out... total hacker genius to not do so

thx kiya for the assist, really appreciate it

Edited by readytoignite

is the reinforcement to the sleeve opening the same fabric in a different state or a different fabric altogether? in any event this is my first encounter with menpu's stuff and i'm suitably impressed

Glad you like the shirt, its pretty amazing. The fabric you're referring to is actually a darker chambray from White Oak (Cone).

Those Stevenson western shirts look great! So much cooler than work shirts.

I knew you'd like those, did you check out the yoke on the back? So next level.

Hey Kiya, how big is the S&C skull cap compared to the Flat Head skull cap. I wanted the flat head one but dared not try it on because of how large my noggin is in relation to the skull cap and i didn't wanna stretch it out at the store. Any idea if the S&C one is any bigger, and by any bigger i mean a good 2" more?

Hey Kiya, how big is the S&C skull cap compared to the Flat Head skull cap. I wanted the flat head one but dared not try it on because of how large my noggin is in relation to the skull cap and i didn't wanna stretch it out at the store. Any idea if the S&C one is any bigger, and by any bigger i mean a good 2" more?

The Stevenson ones are bigger and they stretch more due to the weave and the type of fabric. These things are made of cotton, you can stretch them out without any harm to the seams or fabric.

Will you guys be getting the IH heavy herringbone shirts in? thx.

Yup, we'll have them.

FYI, all the stores got new IH shirts in this week, they'll be in the online store in about 7 to 10 days.