Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Wow... seeing everyone’s fits makes me want to wait the extra month to get a proper size. With that in mind, I definitely need to size up. Does anyone want to trade a 32 OW for a 34 OW?! Lol worth a shot :D Otherwise I will confirm with Ryo for an exchange. It means no patch or pocket bags for me but I’d rather the good fit. Will come around mid-October tho :wacko2:

Just now, cottonskinblues said:

Wow... seeing everyone’s fits makes me want to wait the extra month to get a proper size. With that in mind, I definitely need to size up. Does anyone want to trade a 32 OW for a 34 OW?! Lol worth a shot :D Otherwise I will confirm with Ryo for an exchange. It means no patch or pocket bags for me but I’d rather the good fit. Will come around mid-October tho :wacko2:

you seem to fade hard the jeans you wear. I'm sure you'd still able to catch up us peasants.

1 minute ago, volvo240thebest said:

you seem to fade hard the jeans you wear. I'm sure you'd still able to catch up us peasants.

All fit pics posted have inspired me... great fits. I think I will exchange.

and yes I do think I’ll catch up ;) thanks Volvo :) 

1 minute ago, Mtvare said:

Something seems to have gone wrong with the raw pairs, given that there seem to be very few fit issues with the OW but a lot (and significant ones) with the raw.

I don't think it's an issue limited to raws - both raw and O/W measurements seem to be off (smaller) than the TCB listed measurements

Just now, Mtvare said:

Something seems to have gone wrong with the raw pairs, given that there seem to be very few fit issues with the OW but a lot (and significant ones) with the raw.

I'd guess the denim and cut are the same though? So it's maybe just down to the washing?

Maybe the TCB wash is gentler. I'm tempted to wash my OW to see how it ends up after my usual routine. 

They were on the very edge of what I could put on, and smaller than the OW size chart. But they have already given a bit in the waist just taking the pics. I think they'll stretch in the waist, and I hope the rest stays just as it is. Just not sure if they'll keep shrinking, is all, but that's one for the future.

Just now, el padre said:

I'd guess the denim and cut are the same though? So it's maybe just down to the washing?

Maybe the TCB wash is gentler. I'm tempted to wash my OW to see how it ends up after my usual routine. 

They were on the very edge of what I could put on, and smaller than the OW size chart. But they have already given a bit in the waist just taking the pics. I think they'll stretch in the waist, and I hope the rest stays just as it is. Just not sure if they'll keep shrinking, is all, but that's one for the future.

Yes the cut are the same so I can't explain it. (In any case maybe @DoitsuJin is right, and I'm just misreading the evidence of the thread.)

It can't be to do with the washing because many (including myself) are finding the raw pairs 2"+ undersize before soak.

5 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

We had this topic earlier. I highly doubt the person at the sewing machine or the person cutting the fabric knows which pair will be washed at the end and which pair will stay raw.
They just produce their pairs. When the pairs are ready, then they took a bunch and washed them and let the other stuff raw.

Love the fit pics !

1 hour ago, tongtommy said:

I have no issue at all with the (waist) sizing and now I'm afraid that maybe I should go with 30, I hope this pair won't stretch that much, cheers!

I will receive a size 30 tomorrow, I will let you know if it is too small for me, you have a size 31 ?

12 minutes ago, Martin13 said:

Love the fit pics !

I will receive a size 30 tomorrow, I will let you know if it is too small for me, you have a size 31 ?

this is interesting and yes I have the size 31, however, my inseam has been hemmed to 78cm, how about yours?

Edited by tongtommy