• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. WWII Ranch Pant

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Ooms' Cant Bust Em Wild Card

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. To Customise or Not, That is the question...

• Ed to please explore options (and costs) with WH re: customised pockets/patch
    • Go for standard pair as bulk order
  9. 9. Request Optional Longer inseam

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Rite Stuff shirt issues as part of the competition thread

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 11:55 PM

@edmond thanks for sorting this!

Did WH give an idea of when they could start making them?

That'd give us a deadline to confirm patch request and numbers.

I need to give them a final

answer in 2 weeks 

I want in!

With being laid off for who knows how long I won’t be able to justify any clothing purchases. Was really looking forward to this. Have fun all! 

I'm in as well! Signed up just for this. When/who do we pay? Got all the time in the world to fade jeans now :)

Yeah, confirming that I'm in for any of the options posted by Ed in the other thread, provided a longer inseam is available. Glad to see this is getting moving!

I am interested in joining in -- would need longer inseam as well

Price

is 310 usd  plus shipping and fees 

hemming is 8 dollars

shipping to

Fedex or dhl 

we can undervalue and put in an invoice undervalued too 

usa  40

europe 45

asia 30

longer inseam

not a problem peeps well order long inseam standard 

What does that mean, "usa 40, Europe 45"?

i suppose its the shipping cost?

Hmm...  $350 is quite a bit more than I was imagining. 

heres the cost breakdonw

jean are  29,700 yen

plus shipping to   manila  1,500yen 

taxes when it arrives in manila + 2,200 yen  ( 1,050 pesos)

total of + 33,400 yen = 308.79 usd

+

Plus shipping to anywhere else.

so i dont think its expensive i think its fair. as for the shipping abroad those are estimates it can go down or up  so you guys can get an idea

Wasn't saying it was unfair, just to be clear.

well there you go on the breakdown. what did you expect lower than the retail  price?

Price makes sense given the fact that the jeans have to go to Manila first. Small premium over a normal pair of the 1946's.
Can we order a pair with the normal inseam length? I'd prefer to have the WH original hem personally and their normal inseam length is perfect for me.

3 hours ago, Broark said:

Price makes sense given the fact that the jeans have to go to Manila first. Small premium over a normal pair of the 1946's.
Can we order a pair with the normal inseam length? I'd prefer to have the WH original hem personally and their normal inseam length is perfect for me.

sorry for my ignorance but what would that inseam be?  If 36" that would work for me

Normal post wash inseam for the previous 1946 model is ~32 in.
My other question is if Warehouse is doing their own 25th anniversary 46 model what is going to set these apart from that model?
I know we're talking about a custom patch, but I'd hope we'd also get some interesting pocket bags or something else to make them special.
Just thinking out loud here.

N9t 46 thrure doin the 45 

Doing '46 and '50 according to this post.

That seems like a very reasonable price given what we are getting. 
Enjoy everyone. Look forward to the fade shots 

hey ed, why do the contest jeans need to be shipped to manila first? is that where they are going to be customized?

Posted (edited)

@DoitsuJin I believe Ed is going to be selling them through the Signet store in Manila.
It would make sense to have them ship direct to us, but they might need to go to Signet first.

Edited by Broark

thats  how business works man . signet store ordered them

thanks austin

A custom patch and special pocket bags would be a nice touch to set it apart from the regular '46s. I reckon a red tab without the red bar tack would also be a good idea because it tends to be something people unpick anyway (and it'll save the tab from getting easily wrecked in the wash)! I'll be watching the contest from the sidelines since I'm trying to cut down on the number of pairs I already have.

As long as we can get the details @propellerbeanie mentioned above I'm in. Otherwise might as well wait for the 25th anniversary 1946's.

Posted (edited)

thanks for the break down @edmond - appreciated

now the collective intake of breath is taken in terms of the price; what stage next? a poll to decide what patch wanted?

1. standard patch, no change

2. 95-96 period (with 'superfuture contest 2020' somewhere) - /my preferred option/

3. 95-96 period without additional text

4. etc. you get my drift... (ie repro of existing patches /longhorn - 2 variations, the W, the current text-only patch design/ that @beautiful_FrEaK posted on previous page- inc. the warren design that @Maynard Friedman suggested also - with or without some contest text [which I feel would be better added by wh design team... but will they want to take on that design job?])

a custom patch means nothing if we don't have a design to supply... from the lack of response there doesn't seem to be anyone forthcoming to supply one? (not surprising as everyone is stuck indoors) 

pocket bags don't seem to be on the table...

in terms of inseam length I see no problems with standard everything (length and patch) and using this as an opportunity merely for mass delivery of same jeans to everyone at once...

wanting 'special-special' requires design input that requires real thought and with @edmond imposing two week deadline from a couple of days back the clock is ticking a little faster than an organic happening will provide... [very happy to be proved wrong!]

also: possible to vote on raw or washed?

also: competition length, jury and prize... anyone have thoughts?

(thought: 18 months, signet store as jury, what prize beyond internet points?)

imo is contest more important for collective wearing than special tweaks to design? (or asking wh to design something: ie to embellish an existing patch...)

thoughts?

& just wanted to say this is a really tough time for so many people it seems a real pity to start when those who have given so much to the community cannot afford to join in, but it looks like situations won't change financially for many months [any thoughts on ironing out the details now and postponing until some key regulars can weather the current financial storm?]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics