Jump to content
Flash

The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Recommended Posts

That should not happen so quickly on a quality pair (which you’d assume the Warehouse are). It happened quickly on my Chinese-made PF Flyers (2 pairs) but not at all on my Japanese-made pair, which I wore throughout last spring and summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone care to comment on the quality of Visvim Kiefers?
Not really the typical superdenim kind of sneaker, but I really like the black canvas ones they released this fall and I found a pair for a good price.
So I'm wondering if they're worth it at about 50% off retail. :P
Visvim-Kiefer-Hi-Canvas-BLACK-1_2048x204df41140aca49f054433ca5a0f593bb2c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broark said:

Anyone care to comment on the quality of Visvim Kiefers?
Not really the typical superdenim kind of sneaker, but I really like the black canvas ones they released this fall and I found a pair for a good price.
So I'm wondering if they're worth it at about 50% off retail. :P
 

You should definitely do it. It's my favorite sneaker. I have the black and ivory ones. They feel like you're wearing a boot without the weigh and bulk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

That should not happen so quickly on a quality pair (which you’d assume the Warehouse are). It happened quickly on my Chinese-made PF Flyers (2 pairs) but not at all on my Japanese-made pair, which I wore throughout last spring and summer.

I think it's luck of the draw. I have 3 pairs of PF flyers, 2 MIJ 1 made in China. The made in China  (sandlots) have took a beating and are holding out fine, my black MIJ are the most worn and are lasting great, the white are hardly worn and already have a little cracking in the rubber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jigsaw said:

i think its normal for a vulcanized sneakers to do that  because of how the construction is made, a band that fuse both upper and sole of the sneakers

Nope... I have canvas vulc sneakers that are years old with no issues. The fabric sounds like it's just thin or cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback Young, that’s the kind of feedback I needed to hear to buy a pair. Going to get the black soon, might cop the ivory too if I like them enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Broark said:

Thanks for the feedback Young, that’s the kind of feedback I needed to hear to buy a pair. Going to get the black soon, might cop the ivory too if I like them enough.

nice! fyi, the color really is close to the pictures. it's "black" in that it's a very faded/sunbleached black that has that dark brown look. I like it but just don't expect a classic black haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cheapmuthafukr said:

Nope... I have canvas vulc sneakers that are years old with no issues. The fabric sounds like it's just thin or cheap.

yea thin fabric could be the problem there and wouldnt expect that from warehouse if its true

 

but are they made in the same factory as moonstar? i wonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2017 at 2:59 PM, MileHighEvertonian said:

IMG_2741.JPG

@MileHighEvertonian Really love the look of these. I flirted with grabbing a pair, but the color sold out quite quickly. I have tried on the shoe in other colorways, but the fit didn't seem to work for my foot. Anyway, really appreciate your look there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got mad love for 70's chucks. It's like cookies and milk with vintage-inspired denim. I recently picked up this pair of 70's Chucks inspired by the Chuck Taylor debut at the Berlin 1936 Olympics. A white version was worn by the team USA that year. Incidentally, also the first year basketball was featured in the Olympics ;).  Anyway, go team.

 

IMG_1644.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered the black Kiefers, will be sure to post some photos and impressions. Hopefully the white ones hang around for me long enough get the black pair and make sure my size is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Family portrait: 2 pairs of Cons 70s, 2 pairs of Cons x Nigel Cabourn collabs, 1 pair of camo Warehouse, 1 pair of Pf Flyers and 1 pair of Anachronorms

18253282_1317752888273070_46841519350061

 

These hbt Anachronorms are probably my favorites

19985761_783412401863345_982465578457366

 

These Cabourn collabs coming a close second

13736125_1069012429859292_683585982_n.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received the Kiefer hi’s today and I’m very happy with them, I’ll definitely be getting the ivory pair as well once payday rolls around. I’ll get some pictures up soon. Thanks again for the encouragement Young! These really do feel like boots without the bulk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At-Dirty just came out with some sneakers.  150 yen isn't too bad.

 

IMG_2462.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone going to be picking up the standard & strange/lofgren/tsptr sneakers? Thinking about grabbing a pair just debating about what size I should go for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First day wearing the Kiefers, super comfy.
Going to hold off on the ivory pair for now, I think I'll get them too dirty too quickly. But I might scoop them up soon. We'll see.
xxLArb7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 1:59 PM, mlwdp said:

At-Dirty just came out with some sneakers.  150 yen isn't too bad.

 

IMG_2462.PNG

I like them, are you tempted to get a pair @mlwdp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, longshanks said:

Anyone going to be picking up the standard & strange/lofgren/tsptr sneakers? Thinking about grabbing a pair just debating about what size I should go for. 

I copped the white ones today.  They all look great though to be honest.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly wear my RW engineer boots, but when I do wear trainers it’s these ratty old Daybreak reissues. Amazing they’re still going after 10 years. 

7CDDB030-4545-4530-BAF7-F326294D2C53.thumb.jpeg.63fd468b23c8f8d1950ea3614b7023b7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, longshanks said:

They look good @garden gnomes in space! How did you size? I’m worried an 11 would be too small on me and 12 would be too large. 

what is your "standard" size?

 

I bought a 10 in these.  I wear a 10 in Whites, a 10.5 in Nike, 10.5 in New Balance.  When I stand on a brannock device Im right at 10.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

what is your "standard" size?

 

I bought a 10 in these.  I wear a 10 in Whites, a 10.5 in Nike, 10.5 in New Balance.  When I stand on a brannock device Im right at 10.5

I’ve unfortunately been blessed with feet of fairly siginificant different sizes, however I wear 11 in Viberg and Red Wing, and typically 12 in most sneakers-Nike, New Balance, etc.

Edited by longshanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 5:53 PM, Broark said:

First day wearing the Kiefers, super comfy.
Going to hold off on the ivory pair for now, I think I'll get them too dirty too quickly. But I might scoop them up soon. We'll see.
xxLArb7.jpg

Hey Broark - How do the Visvim Kiefer's fit in the heel area for you?  I ask because I have the same pair in the mustard color way and feel the fit in the heel is a little funky.  If I wear these with a better footbed the fit improves.  I have the same problem with the Visvim Skagways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@gazeboarder I’ve only worn them the last day or two but so far I find the pretty comfortable. I usually have an issue with a lot of sneakers because they aren’t wide enough in the toe but these are definitely wide enough for my feet. What issue do you have in the heel, too narrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Broark said:

@gazeboarder I’ve only worn them the last day or two but so far I find the pretty comfortable. I usually have an issue with a lot of sneakers because they aren’t wide enough in the toe but these are definitely wide enough for my feet. What issue do you have in the heel, too narrow?

For me the heel has been too loose which then has created some abrasion on my heel.  If I put a footbed in with more arch support and lace the sneaker tight in the middle I can get the movement to stop so they can still work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 8:13 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

I like them, are you tempted to get a pair @mlwdp?

If I can find them!  Not much luck yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now