Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

46 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

So, I'm sure we're all curious about this, but being understandably coy about it given how crazy this whole situation is: do we have a clear sense of what Inoue intends to do with the arcs for the new pairs? If he goes "cat ears," would we be looking at lemon/orange contrast stitching or something more "stealth" like what showed up on some pairs of 60s recently? 

Orange, I should have a pic tomorrow.

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

hello everyone!

Inoue is receiving the parcels, and yesterday he contacted me because he already wanted to start production of the new batch, butr I had to stop him because the data I'm gathering are not complete.

at this stage all of you were in touch either confirming all previous size info and adresses or changing them, I only miss info from @spunkey he doesn't get back to my emails and PMs... I don't know if he sent the jeans back or not. The guy seems to have disappeared from the internet, either that or the email adress I have for him is no longer used.

I hope he will soon surface on planet earth...

Will they have to ensure a full count of all the returned pairs before this can draw to a close?

19 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

grazie mille!  The next TCB contest better have a patch with a flute-playing cat driving a 240DL in your honor!

I'd definitely buy a pair of jeans with that patch, although I would still be more partial to a patch sporting two volvos 240 trying to tear apart a cat (or at least a pair of jeans)

2 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

No tearing apart cats, please! May I suggest two strong cats tearing apart a Volvo 240? Or would that be just as cruel in your eyes, @volvo? B)

that would be too cruel indeedo, my volvo karma would be devastated.

let's set on two 240 driven by cats tearing apart a pair of jeans and let say the deal is done...:)

tracking update from Russian Post:

Почта Японии
Продлен срок выпуска таможней 16 февраля 2018, 20:00 JPTYOA, Япония
Прибыло на границу Японии 16 февраля 2018, 17:41 JPTYOA, Япония

Почта России
Отправлено из России 15 февраля 2018, 12:47 104007, Химки
Выпущено таможней 14 февраля 2018, 05:37 130980, Москва
Прием на таможню 14 февраля 2018, 05:36 130980, Москва
Прибыло на границу России 14 февраля 2018, 02:11 130980, Москва
Прибыло в сортировочный центр 14 февраля 2018, 01:53 130980, Москва
Покинуло сортировочный центр 13 февраля 2018, 07:14 102975, Шарапово
Прибыло в сортировочный центр 13 февраля 2018, 07:09 102975, Шарапово
Покинуло сортировочный центр 12 февраля 2018, 23:46 130202, Москва
Сортировка 12 февраля 2018, 18:34 130202, Москва
Уточняется адрес 12 февраля 2018, 18:33 130202, Москва
Принято в отделении связи 12 февраля 2018, 13:25 130202, Москва

it's with that Japanese Customs Office as of today...

To be delivered tomorrow...

Почта Японии
Прибыло в место вручения 18 февраля 2018, 13:22 7118799, Япония
Передано в доставку по Японии 17 февраля 2018, 20:26 JPKIXA, Япония
Продлен срок выпуска таможней Хранится в отделении до 20 марта 17 февраля 2018, 10:07 JPKIXA, Япония
Продлен срок выпуска таможней Хранится в отделении до 20 марта 17 февраля 2018, 09:00 JPKIXA, Япония
Продлен срок выпуска таможней Хранится в отделении до 20 марта 16 февраля 2018, 20:00 JPTYOA, Япония
Прибыло на границу Японии 16 февраля 2018, 17:41 JPTYOA, Япония

^ sorry my bad, a couple guys asked via pm and have been added to the list, let me check if i can still add you.
To be honest the logistics of the whole thing were so complicated that I didn't want to add further complication to it by advertising the opportunity of joining the contest in public.

By the way dear @spunkey please reply to my messages and let me know what you want do with the jeans (exchane or return). I know you saw my pm's, you're the only person who didn't reply...please play nice.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Maybe Inoue would be happy to make more jeans. I'll ask. To be honest in the last couple months I've been so busy with work that it's been hard to keep track of everything.

I'll let you know.

Also, just food for thought, we don’t have to rely solely on our Italian peasant to be the only source of communication. As far as I know Inoue speaks to people higher than peasants as well. Maybe worth shooting Inoue a DM or email if we have questions. 

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

^ sorry my bad, a couple guys asked via pm and have been added to the list, let me check if i can still add you.
To be honest the logistics of the whole thing were so complicated that I didn't want to add further complication to it by advertising the opportunity of joining the contest in public.

No worries. If it over complicates an already stressful situation, I'll sit it out. My wallet/wife would probably prefer that anyways.

But on the other hand...

Edited by erockisalive
correcting punctuation