2. 2. Patch?

• RJB Black Deerskin
    • Flat Head Natural Goatskin
  3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

Although I like the idea of mixing FH and FJB hardware within the jean I still really wouldn't mind having the only part of this collab to be just the FH cut, because we're trying to fit into a pair of jeans that wouldn't work for most of the people here. I don't really see how it could be difficult to just take the cuts so that we could have the 05 or 09 cut.

I think most important would be to see if we can agree on an existing cut (TFH or RJB) or on tweaking an existing cut (TFH or RJB).

Certain tweaks are simple, like moderately raising the front and back rise on low-rise RJB cut...

For me personally I was hoping for something like this:

Cut: 3009 or 3005.

Denim: RJB denim, the LHT seems nice.

Details: One FH arc, one RJB arc, possibly tonal. Or make the FH one two tone like the RJB international arc to have some continuity. Jolly Roger and RJB tab across the coin pocket. Maybe mixed FH and RJB buttons and rivets. And some kind of crazy pocket bag fabric!

That might not speak to everyone, but it's what I had imagined!

Ditto for me! Although I would like only the FH or RJB arcs not both . I would be in favor of FH arcs.

Ok guys here's the dealio, it all stems from the fact that we CAN'T just think of RJB and Flat Head as essentially the same company. I think they don't want to just let someone mix any/every detail from either brand into a single pair of jeans. While this is kind of a bitch and limits the options I guess I respect it a little. Trust me on this that these are all the options any of us would be interested in...

1. Flat Head x RJB x Signet collab. With this we'll be able to get the RJB LHT Zimbabwe (or regular pioneer/frontier denim), access to 3005 and 3009 cuts, and probably get to mix more RJB and Flat Head details than the following options.

2. RJB x Signet collab. Here we obviously get more play with RJB denims, such as again the LHT or even the flagship, but we don't get the Flat Head cuts! RJB makes a 3005-esque cut (D001/D101) but I haven't heard of any 3009 type cut. Normal rjb cuts are SLIM. Why I don't own a pair.

3. Flat Head x Signet collab. Tbh I don't see a huge point in this, flat head makes enough amazing jeans in a lot of flavors. What I've said for the RJB collab above applies to this, just switch RJB to Flat Head.

We might get to modify a cut between the 3009/3005 (For instance making the 3009 a little less tapered or the 3005 a little more tapered), and that might not be too much work, but it could be best to just decide one cut that is available to us. On the other hand, if everyone is down for a modified in-between 3009/3005 cut, then it could be worth pursuing. I don't think two cuts is happening, that's 200 pairs of jeans, aka a shitload.

Let's get this figured out before we worry about if we want unicorn or pegasus-hair arcs.

^ That's my impression. Just speaking for myself, I'm quite flexible on details so long as it's a denim I want and a cut I trust. Getting a pair of RJBs in a 3009 cut would be pretty much ideal, since I've always liked the wilder RJB details (patch, jolly roger, etc.) and have heard great things about the denim but their cuts are either too slim or too boxy.

If only 50 people were signaling interest between the better-known and more widely-loved 3005 and 3009 cuts, then 100 pairs of a single new fit could be a big hill to climb.

'Seems there's a bustle in the hedgerow, but won't be alarmed now

Prolly just a spring clean for the May queen

Yes, there maybe more than two paths we can go by, but in the long run ... !?!?

RJB LHT is an acceptable sub, but the "tweaking" ... Oooh! It makes me wonder ;) ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

The 3009/3005 fit (or a custom comprise between the two) was really a cornerstone of my interest in this collab, so I'm a big fan of the tfh/rjb/signet option.

Any comparison pics of the RJB LHT vs the new flagship denim? If the flagship denim were way sweeter I might support the rjb/signet option to get that, but the LHT fabric that's been posted looks great too.

We don’t use the RHT Zimbabwe anymore. The models that using the rht denim are discontinued.

- I will send you faded pictures in the next mail.

- The cut can be modified as you’d like

- Diamond stitch is ok.

This is gonna lose momentum and thus people interested unless we get details set asap. I highly doubt we will get the numbers required unless the cut goes in favor of a more tapered model. Since rjb refuses to do a 3009 cut because its too "flat headesque" perhaps we should should settle on something a tad less tapered to please everyone? My suggestion would be something along the lines of a 0500xx or an 811. Any thoughts? Remember we only get to do one cut.

I recently picked up http://www.denimio.c...denim-4907.html. So if we do decide to do the 14 oz lht Zimbabwe denim then I'm out. My votes is for the flagship rjb denim. just my two cents.

Please post some picture, especially close-up of the denim.

I get that this might be a show-stopper for you, but I personally don't mind the denim based on the few pics I've seen so far. I only hope that the actual weight is closer to 14.5-14.75oz.

Superjackle read my post again, by doing a Signet x Flat Head x RJB collaboration we do have access to flat head cuts and can use the LHT Zimbabwe denim.

Personally I think the LHT is the best substitute now that the reg denim is out of the game... I'm still interested, hopefully you guys who know how picky I am can put your faith in this based on that!

Pretty sure the LHT is extremely similar to the flagship, just the LHT version. And LHT is pretty rare so I'd argue it fills an even better niche than the old plan.

I might be in with the 3009, since it's obvious the 3005 isn't happening unfortunately. I'd also be down for a cut in-between the two with a more natural taper (maybe something like the hem opening of a '47 but with the medium rise of the 3005/3009), not quite sure how you guys feel about it though and how complicated it makes things.

Can tell you for sure that in the same size the 3005 is significantly more comfortable/looser. You might be right the 3009 has bigger thigh on paper but imo the taper negates the shit outta that. Will get up buncha measurements here and probably pics in the fh thread by thurs/fri :)

Ok here my input

A cut between 05 and 09 with a medium to high rise arouna 11.25-11.5 front rise and a 15 .25- 15.5 back rise on a size 34

Lht zimbabwe rjb denim

Deerskin natural colored patch

Rjb arcs upside down. In khaki/dark orange colored thread

Double sword red embroidery on back pocket

Black rjb tab on the coin pocket

Iron buttons that will age.

Aged rivets copper

Houndstooth pocket bags.

Flathead branding inside the waist band

Offset back beltloop

Let me know what you guys think