TCB

In the right thread...

OK fellas, can we have definitive post-shrinkage measurements on a size 40 1930s denim jacket please? It's not for me you see, it's for my, erm .... friend, yes, that's right it's for my friend!

My 'friend' currently has a 14oz Eternal type 2 that is too warm for summer wear and more suitable for layering on chillier days. Apparently..,

What size is yours Volvo, 42? Do you have the current tale of the tape for that?

@Maynard FriedmanPretty sure I have posted the post soak measures in this very thread, chest and shoulders coincide with tcb chart, overall length and sleeves are slightly longer iirc. I have washed once at 40°C and line dried. I think you need a 40 unless you're deliberately going for a loose fit.

Edited by volvo240thebest

17 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

My 'friend' currently has a 14oz Eternal type 2 that is too warm for summer wear and more suitable for layering on chillier days. Apparently..,

What size is yours Volvo, 42? Do you have the current tale of the tape for that?

Hi mate! 

I'm wearing a 40. I can post measurements for you tomorrow. 

Edit: I remembered I had already posted measurements a couple of pages back: 

Chest: 48 cm
Sleeve: 61 cm
Length: 63 cm
Shoulder: 45,5 cm

Edited by Bobbo

^ BEWARE! the chest measurement on TCB tops in the webshop is taken 360° style.
I believe this is also the reason of the TCB ranchman group order sizing nightmare we had a few yrs ago. I didn't realize it until I've discovered recently after figuring out the measurements of my own jacket. My 42 measures exactly as stated on the website, but 360° style.

On 21/4/2017 at 9:31 AM, volvo240thebest said:

Indeed the TCB30's shrank to perfection

pit to pit 53,5 x2 107 cm, the pit to pit measured from inside (360°) it's exactly 118 cm as on the tcb chart.

overall length 64 cm, it'll probably shrink more with a hotter wash, but I wanted to play safe...

shoulder to cuff 64 cm, won't need to cuff sleeves

shoulder seam to seam 49 cm

this fits me perfect, much better than the 50's jacket. length and sleeves are spot on.

I am really surprised how much the denim shrank length wise and how little it did widthwise.

The 20's/30's feels great after wash, it's super soft, little to none crunchiness. It feels like the denim will stretch quite a bit.

I'm going to wear it today, I'll try and snag a fit pic later on.

Lazy lazy Maynard.... I quote myself here and add that the jacket stretched a good bit, I think it's around 54 centimetri (perhaps more?) now but I will measure it tonight for you. Then I will send you a denim consulting invoice, and it's not going to be cheap hahaha!

@Maynard Friedman

After some wear the p2p stretched to 54,5 cm. I'm pretty sure it'll work fine for you. You wear an L on the Deluxeware sweat while I'm an xl and can even wear it under the jacket...

I echo Volvo's sentiments, the pit to pit-measurement looks tiny, but it works fine for me although I usually need more room. I could probably try my mates' size 42 and take some pics if you want to see the difference?

Mainly I went for a 40 because I could pull off the chest measurement while also get the slightly shorter length. 

Edited by Bobbo
Edit for drunk typos.

[Bit of an image dump here.

Apologies begged.]

Sharing 50s in more perspectives

Going for a walk with a wee un

losing the indigo solo for some patterned arrays

in partnership

sharing 

a grandmother's handicraft, and some local handicraft

shirts and banners

leaves and other finds

fluffy details and twists and ropes and tracks

natural worlds and patinated details

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

018.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

last.jpg

2 hours ago, bacton said:

How has everyone been sizing the 30s jacket? I'm a comfortable 38 in the ranchman.

i don't think that you can compare the ranchman cut to the jeans jacket cuts.  i can tell from my own experience that i have a 42 tcb jacket and a size 40 tcb jacket and the latter only allow you really to wear a t shirt underneath it and the former allows you to wear a thick sweatshirt underneath it if need be.  lots of room for me with the 42 not a lot with the size 40. 

I got my package that same weekend I ordered on a wednesday or something? Again great service from the man himself. Ive always kinda squeezed into jeans that were too small hence my ironic username but lately ive decided to go up a size instead of down. The carpenter jeans are the loosest fit I own for sure but definitely are comfy. I worked the past two days in them and its nice to not have my jeans sticking to my legs when Im pouring sweat. The hat is dope too, I like the simplicity of the design and long bill. 

selfie.jpg

thinking about getting a pair of 50s and having them tapered - something between a 7.5-8" hem for a size 32/33... i like the baggier look in some of the pics in this thread, but i'm a size 8.5 and anything above 8" is too much even for boots.

the 50s slim just doesn't seem do-able with a backrise of 13.4 (according to denimio's sample pair in sz32). 

the only thing that worries me is the high front rise on the 50s... i have a pretty small gut, but i've never worn a pair of jeans that goes over it so i don't know how/if it would work.

how breathable is the 50s denim? it looks like a fairly open weave, but i can never really tell from pics.

Just get the jeans, try them on and then decide whether to taper or not. you may discover that you actually like the wide cut. If you're not used to it the wide fit it's a bit of an acquired taste, you need to try it and see how it works for you, I think it's worth to try. It took me a while to enjoy it at first, and some of my shoes won't work with the 50s, but once you figure out how to make it look good it's a great cut, and it's one of those classic silhouettes that will never go out of style.

the front rise it's not really too high on the 50s, if you compare that cut with sugarcane 47 or most warehouse cuts it's lower. it sits on the top of the hips on me. the denim can be worn all year long, it's fairly breathable, I wear it during summer in Italy. The 60s and 20s denim are slightly more breathable though.

If you decide to taper before even trying the jeans on, just keep it to a minimum, the thigh is wide and if you taper too much it may end up to look like hitler pants!

On 11/6/2560 at 11:29 PM, nycsurfer530 said:

Fit pic 60s. I'll try and get better photos later. Love this fabric and the hue of blue since washing.  

IMG_0925.PNG

Hi Maynard 

Would you mind measuring your 60s for me please? I know got the size 32 which I am looking forward to. 

My 50s size 31 do not work out for me, the fit is too wide and i am deciding to go for the 60s cut but i am hesitating whether 31 or 32 in 60s cut.

My hips are 32 inches. 

If you don't mind, Thank you very much :)