Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

• 4 weeks later...

https://brut-clothing.com/brut-denim/
For those of you interested. Parisian vintage store Brut put out a jeans model, made in paris from italian denim. Seems to be stf aswell, but they only sell one wash, it seems. Price is reduced in the preorder. Fit looks like a 60s/70s model, similar to the superstitch LR-01.

• 5 months later...

Interesting French brand - Brut denim project - a French vintage clothing shop in Paris making their own jeans using old machinery and Italian denim. Further details and ordering here

There's other interesting items on their site too.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

9 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Interesting French brand - Brut denim project - a French vintage clothing shop in Paris making their own jeans using old machinery and Italian denim. Further details and ordering here

There's other interesting items on their site too.

Good shout Maynard.  Brut started out doing pure vintage and have since branched out.  I bought some deadstock Vietnam sunglasses from them a few years back (my lenses are green tho rather than blue) and some military chinos (were bigger sized than advertised though).  I kept a pair of sunnies and sold one on here. They're cool and easy to slip into a pocket.

Edited by MJF9

• 4 weeks later...

Not unknown, but didn't know where else to post. Does anyone know why Private White VC's prices have gone up 50-60% in the last few years? I enjoy their stuff and have some of their knitwear which is superb. Higher labor costs in the UK to blame? 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, JMS said:

Not unknown, but didn't know where else to post. Does anyone know why Private White VC's prices have gone up 50-60% in the last few years? I enjoy their stuff and have some of their knitwear which is superb. Higher labor costs in the UK to blame? 

Profiteering more likely

Re. The knitwear - something I see a LOT with these brands is ‘handmade in Scotland’ … so if you have a look at Scottish sites selling (the same) handmade stuff, you’ll get it for about one third to one half of the luxury label brand

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 11/3/2021 at 5:20 AM, Duke Mantee said:

Profiteering more likely

Re. The knitwear - something I see a LOT with these brands is ‘handmade in Scotland’ … so if you have a look a Scottish sites selling (the same) handmade stuff, you’ll get it for about one third to one half of the luxury label brand

You have a good example? ;)

The Kellister from Anderson’s and the Beauly that Maynard gave you the link for are lighter weight (they look like standard 2-ply) - the Chunky from Anderson’s is a heavier weight (I’m not sure if that’s a double-knit, or extra ply or what … but you could always ask them)

• 3 weeks later...