Megatron1505

Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

I have a vest in boiled wool from them. I like it.

Just ordered the tee direct from Arpenteur, cheaper with the shipping fees from France compared to buying it from the shop in NYC.

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 6:31 PM, julian-wolf said:

Neatooooo

Please do post some photos when they show up—that'll probably be all it takes to convince me

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w5003-18833923522.1.3f864fd0Rh3SSd&id=587104709727

Here are the measurements for the size 34. They're a bit big. They've been cold washed; I might try a hot wash + dryer cycle next.

Waist: 36.5, front rise: 14.25, Back rise: 20, Thigh: 13.5, Knee: 10.75.

F2F6DB5D-878F-46E2-A855-B54DF84F1E5D.jpeg

708AE57A-DB84-41BC-B783-184C9229C604.jpeg

7F8EC858-D1B4-4D72-8E66-2C6FB31E53C6.jpeg

D5E4F25C-32C9-4DE0-AFBE-94193239ECCA.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

2 hours ago, Broark said:

Figured this was the best place to post since there's no dedicated thread.
Anyone have much experience with Arpenteur? I have one of their Brehat shirts from years ago, but I'm interested in their new collection with CHCM.
Dig this graphic tee but no measurements, might just shoot the shop a message and see if the can provide some.

Edit: The shirt is actually on the Arpenteur webstore with measurements, so never mind. :D

I have the moleskin petanque pants (https://www.endclothing.com/gb/arpenteur-petanque-pant-arp-ptp-nyms.html) and they are awesome.  elastic waistband.  i really like them as a chino-ish alternative.  that shirt graphic is cool, they seem to have neat prints each season

Got the Arpenteur tee in yesterday, came with a cool print from the CHCM story. Really love the art style.
7Zvp4DB.jpg
DPGNJB2.jpg
Zpebozf.jpg
A7XiuIj.jpg

Really love French-style comic artists like Herge, and the best comic artist of all time IMO, Moebius.

Nice t-shirt.

@istewi

How was the shrinkage on your overcomers? Would you mind giving us a mini review? Going to order from Taobao for the first time soon and I might as well order some jeans when they’re that cheap.

4 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

@istewi

How was the shrinkage on your overcomers? Would you mind giving us a mini review? Going to order from Taobao for the first time soon and I might as well order some jeans when they’re that cheap.

Check cdp as well.

Just now, volvo240thebest said:

Check cdp as well.

Actually just found the overcomer thread whiles Googling for them and saw your post there! Looks interesting and very cheap. Do you have a pair?

3 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

Actually just found the overcomer thread whiles Googling for them and saw your post there! Looks interesting and very cheap. Do you have a pair?

I do not have a pair but I've bought a cdp type 2 jacket as a xmas present for my niece and was very impressed by their quality and denim.

502518665_1970-01-0101_00_003.thumb.jpg.d69c1184f674b748be59c2c0f60f4690.jpgAlmost 100% cheap peasant made in taobao, only the tezomeya tee ruins it.

No brand white watch cap

Bii free flannell

Bob Dong 47 cut jeans

Leafeel socks

Heathen Yuks

Another Taobao extravaganza.

Realthing fleece

Uncle Fu V stitch sweatshirt

CDP 44s

Warriors 

43282BA4-5096-462B-96FD-9631FB8053D4.jpeg

I ordered a pair of Bob Dongs from ebay a few months back. Can I assume they are real (is Bob Dong a brand anyone would fake?) Wearing for the first time today, they seem to be good enough quality.

Posted (edited)

Nice looking jacket! Yes sociallyincorrect, I like the buttons, pleats both front and back and especially the sleeve design.   vv (we need a down arrow)

Edited by lance

Thanks @lance

It’s sort of look like a Type-1 design but the sleeve design looks so different. Am not sure if this is a 30s Lee-inspired jacket.

The good lady's Outstanding Co are tough old jeans...

They're now starting to show some lovely shades of blue

2019-05-18 20.18.56.jpg

Not going to lie, I’m kinda into this Freenote bleached western. Not a brand that’s really done it for me before to be honest.Lancaster_Shirt_-_Bleached_Chambray-01-2

Lancaster_Shirt_-_Bleached_Chambray-05_8Lancaster_Shirt_-_Bleached_Chambray-06_8

@Broark funny you should bring up Freenote, as I've meaning to ask about opinions of some USA brands, including FN. I don't have any first hand experience with any of them, but for some reason FN seams more appealing than some of the others. And for similar unknown reasons, RgT and Tellason are very unappealing to me. Can't really say why...