kiya

Shoes that look better with age...

I have some Unmarked boots.  I’ve posted them here a couple times.  It was a pain the the ass to get them but they’re great overall.

@BroarkWhat are you going to use on them for conditioning?Saphir Renovator? 

@mlwdp haven’t thought that far yet, I’ll ask S&S what they recommend as it’s my first horsehide pair. 

Some thoughts after a few days of wearing the wesco van cleef III from S&S:

The leather is extremely delicate. It’s durability may exceed it’s appearance, but these seem to be fashion boots first, and aren’t intended to be treated roughly. The shaft leather on the left boot is substantially softer and maybe even thinner than the right boot. I don’t anticipate it keeping it’s shape for long. This leather could probably have used an inner lining. 

However, these same qualities have made them extremely easy to wear, requiring basically no break-in on the upper (sole needs some work still). I think I sized these exactly right, and they go on and off without much hassle. I have wide feet with a high instep as well.

Overall I love the boots. They are very distinctive and attract lots of glimpses, comments, and questions. I am excited to see how they develop over time. I’m not worried about scratching them up or getting them dirty, but I wish I could avoid getting indigo stains from my jeans!

Beautiful! I love Motor's stuff. They are incredible and relatively affordable for the quality they offer.

Really wish Moto made up to size 12, their oxfords look really nice.

Thank you Kiya.

00638402-8636-4CA2-9ACF-66E4FBBCBADB.JPG

8960BE42-8AE5-424C-8443-163CE293F2B0.JPG

Edited by knucks

8 hours ago, knucks said:

Thank you Kiya.

Nice! Glad they fit you well, let's see some worn photos once you've gotten them broken in a bit.

7 hours ago, kiya said:

Nice! Glad they fit you well, let's see some worn photos once you've gotten them broken in a bit.

They're a bit snug, I think 9 would be too big long term! I think my right foot is bigger than my left, though I just recently measured via Brannock and my right is 100% 9.5.

@BroarkForgot to mention, having a leather lining in engineer boots does factor in the "tightness" in sizing as far as fit goes hence why you see most engineer boots without lining as they're already hard enough taking them off and putting them on feet.  Your engineers are the first leather lined Lofgrens I've seen thus far, besides that wide toe.  You got a one of a kind boot from them, that's for sure!

According to Wesco Japan, they are now offering purple and green leather options.  Case in point:

F41D64E1-A768-403C-BC9E-5AE55341D25E.jpeg

Got my Bounty Hunters back from White's. Took a little less than 2 weeks for a resole. Pretty happy with the work.

48909212888_0bd644a7e8_h.jpg

48909950607_40031f8635_h.jpg

48909950407_d5ca2dfb1a_h.jpg

Purple leather offered by Wesco Japan.

F9E04104-BF72-4CC3-98CC-399686EA21DC.jpeg

Looking for sizing info on Toys McCoys boots - more specifically the Surveyor Boots, though I think they are the same fit as the Railman and probably others.  Can anyone compare to Viberg, White's, or Alden?  Thanks!

They’re comparable in length to Alden sizing, but wider, I’d compare to an E or EE Alden trubalance.

12 hours ago, Aries said:

They’re comparable in length to Alden sizing, but wider, I’d compare to an E or EE Alden trubalance.

Thanks!

@BroarkAny info yet on what you're going to use to condition and clean your Lofgrens?  I'm just wondering in Renovatuer is overkill as I haven't put anything on mine yet.

@mlwdp no not yet, I’ve been meaning to email Neil asking for sizing recommendations on the JL Combat boots as I’m leaning towards getting a pair for my birthday. He’s not lead me wrong on two pairs of boots so far.

Just received my Wesco Van Cleefs, what a beautiful leather. Can't wait for the Aussie sun to work its magic (thankfully not on my skin...).

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

@Aries nice boots, what jeans are those?

^ really like these... solid and good looking

I’d already have bought a pair if they made a 11.5 or 12. <_<

VIBERG: Boots freshly conditioned/oiled for F/W rotation. Tongue guards purchased from Wesco

•Ebony Latigo on 1035 last

@Direct sunlight BF5AC47C-9FB5-46EE-B195-AC8AA04C2303.jpeg8558BDC7-C5A5-418D-869F-31C250005E3A.jpeg.2b1a24ee6829d18ccf8fc29c1530d35e.jpeg*Shot indoors @available lighting0DEEF12B-A592-415B-9A8C-30844F3373AB.jpeg.0142ee53c81926a108ab5897e5bfd664.jpeg

•Natural Bison on 1035 last 

@Direct sunlightE00F81C3-E8B4-4F2E-B4CC-F80C88DF9EDF.jpeg.20a066f79a05f6757d404a63cdcce0f1.jpeg
*Shot indoors @available window light.56CB4523-16FE-4B00-AD97-FB7FD24A04C5.jpeg.da0eb63a109c501d3cf09653631e7308.jpeg

19BBE0DE-61A8-47BA-A260-2487532949AB.thumb.jpeg.f0dfca6d7d1e2f0afc2bf13b59950bcd.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic