Levi's Vintage Clothing

There are two (2) Levis stores in SF, at least to my knowledge: Union Square and Castro.

I went to both last Sunday (2/15/09). The Union Square store had two (2) Type III jackets for $49.99. They were size S. They had some orange-tag LVCs in some wash. That's all that I saw. The Castro store does not carry LVC.

Will

thanks! ill have to visit them soon..

I'm at home with the flu, so I don't have much else to do besides superfuture and watch TV. So I made these photos today...

LVC 1937 Denim : for all who care

3290116657_d47d24131f.jpg

3290115839_b047e3d123.jpg

I really like the look of the denim. its very streaky and very different than the denim on my 1947s.

first pic is most color accurate.

LVC looks to be done in NYC. Scoured 4 or 5 official Levis brand stores, none have any stock remaining. Agree with the statement up there, half the employees have no idea what it is, some others say its not coming back. Its weird that the customer service rep I talked to didn't know what the vintage collection was either though...

LVC looks to be done in NYC. Scoured 4 or 5 official Levis brand stores, none have any stock remaining. Agree with the statement up there, half the employees have no idea what it is, some others say its not coming back. Its weird that the customer service rep I talked to didn't know what the vintage collection was either though...

seems to me if you're trying to sell a product line you should tell the sales people you have it so they can sell it... no wonder no body bought it...

^ to call these as temporary jeans is blasphemy in my opinion. I really underestimated these jeans and it feels nice to own THE jeans.

I also forgot to ask, will the inseam and waist shrink more after the first soak? I did a 3-3 1/2 hour hot soak and hung dry before I first tried them on; the waist shrank cause it bruises my hips when I wore them, but the inseam stayed the same considering they were 34inch inseams to begin with. As of now I am riding on at least 4"-5" cuffs(which I don't mind and starting to like), but I am hoping another hot soak will shrink them. Do I need to put them in the dryer?

^ to call these as temporary jeans is blasphemy in my opinion. I really underestimated these jeans and it feels nice to own THE jeans.

I also forgot to ask, will the inseam and waist shrink more after the first soak? ...Do I need to put them in the dryer?

I wouldn't put them in the dryer. I know some people swear by it, but according to Cone, who make the denim, it's drying in particular that destroys the resins that help retain the indigo. Personally, with my 47 and 55, I do an initial soak and accept the fact there might be more shrinking, and leg twist, after the first wash or two.

I suggest you simply wear them. And I agree, they're not temporary jeans! Samurai (and Warehouse, and others) are great, but these are definitely the real thing.

I wouldn't put them in the dryer. I know some people swear by it, but according to Cone, who make the denim, it's drying in particular that destroys the resins that help retain the indigo. Personally, with my 47 and 55, I do an initial soak and accept the fact there might be more shrinking, and leg twist, after the first wash or two.

I suggest you simply wear them. And I agree, they're not temporary jeans! Samurai (and Warehouse, and others) are great, but these are definitely the real thing.

I've had my 47's for a couple of years and i've only used the dryer once or twice, only when they've stretched too much.

Definitely enjoy them as a great pair of jeans, the 47 is a great cut! For the price they're selling for now you can't beat it.

Just got these today,

Temporary jeans for me until I decide between Samurais or Diors.

I'd been a 100% LVC man until I decided to try samurai s5000vx. I really don't think I'll ever do it again. the denim is a cool novelty or whatever but I don't think they can beat LVC cuts or cone denim. the advanced crocking effects seam kinda hokey. I am going to wear the hell out of my samurais, but I think LVC is the jean for me. I might feel more at home with a japanese company like fullcount, warehouse, or Ooe.

i have nothing to say about dior.

hope you enjoy your new jeans. like mr. invincible and paul said, these shouldn't be temporary jeans; they are great. you will probably discover that for yourself as you wear them.

Guest jbone45
Just got these today,

DSC05259.jpg

Temporary jeans for me until I decide between Samurais or Diors.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. keep wearing your ugly diors.

Maybe I'm missing something but "Bruises your waist?"

Just how tight are you guys wearing your jeans?

Work clothes are meant to be worn comfortable.. as in wearing them all day doing work....

Agreed, But I didn't size down on purpose. It was the only size left and size 30 was too big. I just assume it was going to stretch out accordingly since I will be doing a lot of "work" in them. The waist is small but everywhere else is forgiving.

here is my fit pictures. The super White tee + 501 combo. Should I hem? Im really digging the huge cuffs,around 4" or so. Im happy with the fit and I think I was lucky enough to find the right size at the moment.

DSC_0490-1-1.jpg

DSC_0492-1.jpg

I forgot to add to this but I wanted to know a little more of my jeans since some of the stuff were missing when purchased at the store.

if the top button has an 'R" on the back, does that mean anything? I thought I glimpse a post about it in here, but I forgot where it was.

LVC collection 2008(?)/2009(?)

1947 (?) 501xx

-coin selvage

-hidden rivets

-red line selvage(although not as wide as other selvage)

-chainstitch

they won't shrink much (denim is pre-shrunk)...I would go with tagged size if I were you

I'm interested in a rigid LVC 1967 Type III Jacket, but I'm not sure what size to get. I normally wear 40R/Medium in jackets. For the Type III I've seen both 'go with true size' and 'go one size up'. Anyone here have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

ok, i'm interested in buying the LVC '44 and 1901 models. Having an actual waist size 29" should I go for a 30 or 32 in those models (there are no smaller sizes, right?) and how much does the inseam shrink with LVC? some websites mention 2-3"?

Thanks Shorty Long and Mikedbt5 - I have seen the 1907 Chambray shirt only on the EU site and thought I'd grab it. I'll keep looking at Cultizm and try dejan and aeroleather. I noticed aeroleather's price for the BR chambray was considerably lower than SelfEdge (after I bought it!)