Levi's Vintage Clothing

I was at the Levis store on Broadway in NYC yesterday and asked about LVC, they said last season's stuff all sold on sale, and they're expecting more in the spring. But they already have the spring/summer clothing on sale for non-LVC lines so I ain't holdin my breath. :(

jbone45, not really sure why you're displaying all the hostility. It's not my intention to upset you, I was asked by sayocean to put up the pictures, and I did. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, I was just sharing information which some might find helpful, here in the LVC thread. I'm sure there's many posters on this board in and around the metro NYC area, and it appears that there's hardly anywhere in the city that is selling LVC at the moment. Therefore I was just concurring with partytaco that J. Crew's Tribeca men's store is selling a one wash LVC 1947 501.

update on the 1947 501xx.

Hot soaked twice for the 2nd time. This time instead of letting it sit in a bath, I let it it sit in my sink/bath tub and had constant hot water pour on it for twenty minutes. Floor dry

I will post evos once a month. Beautiful jeans for the money.

DSC_0080-1.jpg

working on some crotch fades.

Does anybody of you guys know which model Shia LaBouef wears in Indiana Jones 4?! So the movie takes place in 1957 it's most likely that he wears a '55 501. But maybe I'm wrong and you know it better. It's a nice slim fit as far as I saw it correct in the movie.

so no sizing up to account the shrinking?! i see it's possible in the thigh-area though they are wider there but wouldn't the waist be a real pain to stretch out again?

can't wait to try them on myself at dejan's. but tips about sizing,shrinkingand stretching back are nevertheless highly welcome

Mine were 32 waist, I soaked for an hour or so, and used a piece of wood to stop the waist band shrinking, so they stayed at 32. THe thighs are easily still roomy. THis is a repost, but you can see the 32W 1955 are larger than the 34W 1947. 1955 is on the right.

1955vs1947.jpg

yeah the pic looks familiar. started to read the whole thread some days ago...far away from finishing it.

so it could be even possible to size down on those '55. Although that wasn't probably the intention from Levi's. Does the denim differ on the '47 and '55?!

(it seems you're just waiting for questions :lol: )

so no sizing up to account the shrinking?! i see it's possible in the thigh-area though they are wider there but wouldn't the waist be a real pain to stretch out again?

can't wait to try them on myself at dejan's. but tips about sizing,shrinkingand stretching back are nevertheless highly welcome

My '55's are w36 and they come out of a cold wash/hot dry at w35 which is the right fit for me and then within a week of part time wear they are back to 36. Mine stretch a lot and I wash/dry every week or two because of it.

Anyone know where I can get a pair of the LVC Saddlemans? I heard they are on sale in Levis stores everywhere.Living in Canada sucks.

What's the difference between LVC '47's and LVC Saddlemans? Is that a finish? I found some on the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/$325-1947-LEVI'S-BIG-E-501-LVC-Vintage-SADDLE-Jean-W-34_W0QQitemZ200315397171QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090301?IMSfp=TL090301123003r2597

Got my 501 '37 in the mail 3 days ago.

The fit is just perfect, maybe a little tight compared to how it should be worn but I feel really comfortable and I don't need to wear a belt. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks Erk for your help!

DSC_0244.jpgDSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

erk:

that's is how a pair of 37's are suppose to fit....

I think sup's 37's will give him trouble once they shrink....

i was under the impression that he had already soaked them, perhaps I'm mistaken.

don't get me wrong though, I'm really satisfied with the way they fit me.

these stretch quite a bit too. I think if wiwi wears when soaking or wears till dry they will be just fine.

Side note:

my brother just started wearing his 1937s this week. He used to be an STF man until I got him the 37s for christmas. He's a real big guy (6'6" and like 230lbs) and the extra room in the 37s will be good for him

both pairs look awesome, super´s look almost like 47s, interesting how different the same pair can look.

with sizing down i always wonder if they are not to tight around the waist, once one sizes down.

strange

i always forget how loose those bottoms are. looks good tho

what are the more tapered of the cinch-backs? 1901, orrect?

I have both the 1890 and 1901, I'd say the former is more tapered.

IMG_0907.jpg

LVC 1890 from 2006 or so

IMG_0911.jpg

1901 from circa 2004. I'd say the legs on the 1901 are slightly straighter, and wider, this is apparent when you wear them, too.

Guest DCDenim

that's what I thought, what a fucking douchebag, giving out bad info.

those are the ones on clearance everywhere for $80...

Don't you just love when they write in their auctions

'the REAL 1947s would cost you $2500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get these cheap replicas for a FRACTION of the price!!!'