Levi's Vintage Clothing

not to be a n00b here but what would fit me best in the long run in 55s, or 33 or any of the looser jeans? i size up to a 34 waist in regular 501s. i wore 33's in 47s -- havent washed em -- which were too skinny in the thigh, but were the proper waist. the 34w 501's are the best fit. am i best off with a 34 or a 36 off cultizm in the long run? i don't want to be swimming, but i don't want to walk on eggshells when it comes to my jeans. i'll all the same email dejan but i thought someone here with a collection may be able to drop some knowledge

hey guys, I need a little help with the sizing. I am a 28 in diors and nudies, and they've both stretched out to almost a 32 and sit on my hips. I was thinking of getting a 28 in LVC 1947s, but sounds like they would be too tight after soak. So should I go with a 28 and deal with the tightness for a while, or get a 30, which would look baggier? ( I have quite skinny thighs, 5'8 125lb) Can anyone help me out with sizings and recommendations? I'll greatly appreciate any help.

quick question

i have a pair of 1967 505's, but i was curious to know is that the slimmest pair in lvc available? im only interested in dry/raw denim

also a friend of mine is looking for a WWII model of 501xx lvc with the painted arcs, are those even made in the lvc? also only looking for a dry/raw model

quick question

i have a pair of 1967 505's, but i was curious to know is that the slimmest pair in lvc available? im only interested in dry/raw denim

I believe the slimmest LVCs are the 606 super slims. I don't know where you're going to find a pair of those if that's what you're looking for.

Yes, these seem to be a modern interpretation of the 501Z and are far slimmer than the 55. My sympathies, it's really irritating - can you exchange them?

I went into Cinch this week and got the full measurement set for the current line.

One important new fact to note is that the new 47 no longer seem to be undersized. From now one I would size up by one inch in these, or buy actual waist size.

I'm planning on putting hte measurement chart up on my website in the next fortnight; at the same time I'll be adding a page or two on Cone.

Quick note on Waist sizes:

For a nominal 32W, in the current range, actual sizes are as follows: 1901 = 34, 201=34, 1927=35, 1933=33, 1937=32 1/2, 1944 (old model) =35, 1947=32, 1954=32, 1955=35, 1966=32, 1978=35.

These aren't massively different from previous measurements but look out for the 1978 which is severely oversized, plus the 1927.

I will have to check again on the 55 - AFAIK previous versions were accurate in the wasit, but you could still buy actual size... this would mean that for current models you might need to go DOWN one size.

TO check which year the jeans are, look in the interior tag - these shoudl say something like s/s 09 or 0309. The recent jeans might also have a 233M on the fly button, or interior tag.

this post. I personally think that all this sizing adjusting is ridiculous. I'm guessing it is to achieve certain fits, like a 44 is supposed to be looser than a 47, so a 32 47 measures 32 and a 32 44 measures 35. not to mention the standard Levi's advice for any shrink to fit jean is to size up. if you were to size up on the 44, 55, or 78 you would be in for a serious surprise.

Actually I think levis recommends trying on a pair of dry jeans that fit, and then buying 2 sizes up. So if you try on a 32 and it fits proper, then you buy a 34 in that model.

Sizing up and sizing down is so relative with the way waists are measured and the sizing of jeans in general.

well, i guess that makes sense, but every brown sticker I've seen on Levis has said size up by two inches (which may also confirm the try on and size up theory). I've also never been told that advice by any Levi's representative or read it anywhere on their website. In fact the one time I inquired about STF 501s the Levi's employee told me to get a size that fits me and dry clean it. Advice that I completely ignored.

Also, good luck trying on any LVC products besides the 1947 or 1955 (besides the orange tab reissues) those are the only ones i've actually seen in a store available for trying on. But then again I don't live in any cultural hub or anything.

to me It just makes more sense to make a waist size a waist size. 34 measures 34 not 36.

this is another curiosity : This could be product variation but i believe that the pair of 1947s I purchased from a store in the US measured tagged size raw from the spring 07 LVC line and still fit great after many many washes(I did not take measurements cause I'm an idiot but am basing my opinion on the way these two jeans fit) . my newer 47s are from cultizm, are from the euro line, and are spring 08 and I believe measured 1 inch below tagged size, as they were much tighter raw and after their first machine wash are very tight. both are 34w.

my point is...

is it possible that the US LVC line had 47s measuring at tagged size? (possibly because americans are fatter?) or is this just a change in seasons/product variation/my own neuroses?

i wish i had taken measurements, but oh well.

sorry for the big long post about something so silly as this.

I've been buying 501 stf for decades and never had a pair shrink more than .5 in W, so I always buy my true hand-measured waist size raw which allows me to wear unwashed for many months w/out looking like I'm wearing oversized clown pants. After 1st hand-wash and line dry, I get a perfect snug comfortable fit with room for some stretching. I once followed Levi's advice and sized up 2'' on a piar of '44 Levi's Japan lvc. After a 1-hour hot soak, they shrank only .75. Now I'm stuck w/a nice pair of jeans I can't wear because they're 1.25 too lrg. My point is that only you know what your size is and how you like your jeans to fit whether it's loose, tight, etc. If you try to apply some formula to buying raw stf jeans sight unseen w/out knowing the actual measurements or trying them on, then it's going to be hit or miss getting the right size and fit.

Does anyone know what the raw denim weight is for the '37 201 555 1997 reissue? Rare pair up for auction now on ebay. 4 other ('96 issue) from another seller in larger size all sold fast yesterday with low buy it now price of 175.oo each.

Sorry don't know offhand as these were something of a one-off, suggest you PM airfrog, he has several pairs and will probably know.

does anybody know where i can get decent measurements of a lvc 501xx 1947? especially the thigh,knee and leg opening?!

thx

1947 SPECS

For 32 32 pair, current produciton

Waist 32, Rise 12, Leg 32, Leg Opn 17, Seat 20 3/4, THigh 20.

THigh measurement is taken 7 inches below crotch.

Leonard, i know how you feel. I'm waiting for the summer to wear my 55, short legs won't look so bad with loafers...