1927 501s

1920s 201s 555

1933 501s 555

1937 501s (maybe for sale soon)

1937 201s 555 (maybe for sale soon)

1947 501s

1955 501s

I think thats it.

Jake those 333s with #3 denim are just incredible and the 209 coveralls are really cool.

Pics of those 333s?

-Jake

Hi guys. I am sorry to bother you with a boring sizing question - but i came to the conclusion that i want a pair of 55's.

I wanted a 38 inseam to be safe, but cultizm do not have 38 inseam in my size. I know that the inseam is supposed to shrink 2", so a 36 inseam would be okay for me (considering the inseam only will shrink 2 inches).

Since i am planning on wearing my jeans for a long time, my concern is that i read posts where people's inseam shrank more than the 2 inches over time, which is why i would prefer a 38 inseam.

So my question is: do you think the 55's inseam would shrink more than 2 inches?

Btw great thread!

I have some really old 501xx in a 38x38 and they're pretty much 36x34 now, but that's over years and years of washes and wears...

I have a 2 pair of 55's, one in a 38x40 and another in a 36x 36 although this pair is actually a 36x40 as it was the mistake pairs they made with 4 inches extra in the length... look for a pair of those if can find them...

Allen, those jeans look fantastic.

I've just uploaded a Cone story, plus some photos, onto my website. It includes a Q&A with Ralph Tharpe, Cone's technical director, whcih includes a lot of informaiton that is new to me.

Story is here:

CONE STORY

Paul that interview and photos are fantastic. Thanks for a bit of education. Looks like Cone is producing some really interesting denim. I know the denim that my 27s is made of is really nice.

Allen, those jeans look fantastic.

I've just uploaded a Cone story, plus some photos, onto my website. It includes a Q&A with Ralph Tharpe, Cone's technical director, whcih includes a lot of informaiton that is new to me.

Story is here:

CONE STORY

That's a terrific interview. I gotta say though it makes me feel wistful and melancholy. It seems like the fate of selvage and the U.S. track pretty closely in terms of things getting off track.

Hey Jake, where is it located? Just moved from Chicago and I used to work at Levi's so this is pretty cool

It's right by the Wendys on Ashland and Fullerton. Just drove by it Thursday evening.

Called Michigan Ave., and the clerk said they had one pair of 517's in a light/distressed wash left for $39.95. I think she was confused about the jeans, so I didn't press too much. Didn't think there was a 517 wash in LVC last season.

Called Shaumberg, and they are out of LVC completely.

Called Bucktown, and they had one pair of deadstock '47 in (I think) 28x34 or something similar. They also had one pair of the 1966 646 Studio Worn in 32x32 left, on sale for $39.95. I did a phone order and snapped those up :D. This has me thinking that Michigan Ave. probably has a pair left, and the clerk there was mixed up.

I do already have a pair of the Studio Worn I bought of eBay more than an year ago in 33x32 - they are factory defects, and have frayed quicker than I'd have liked, with a split open knee and some of the waist fraying apart (then again, they ARE factory defects...). Still one of my absolute favorite pairs of jeans, though. Hopefully the pair I bought today is a little sturdier denim, or at least a little less pre-worn.

Didn't get around to calling the Evanston store - 847-733-2914 . Good hunting, if anyone is still looking for LVC!

EDIT: I should note as well that the clerk at Bucktown was very knowledgeable about LVC, and very helpful and matter of fact in helping me. He knew exactly what he was talking about, and so I think it should be said that not all Levi's employees are clueless about LVC, rather there are some out there who are just as into the line as us.

Not sure how many stores there are nationwide, but I know that that Chicago has gained 3 in the last 2-3 years besides the Michigan Ave. flagship. I would imagine this is disproportionate; I don't know it there are a lot of new stores in new cities or more stores in the same major cities or what.

Not sure how many stores there are nationwide, but I know that that Chicago has gained 3 in the last 2-3 years besides the Michigan Ave. flagship. I would imagine this is disproportionate; I don't know it there are a lot of new stores in new cities or more stores in the same major cities or what.

How many are there around San Francisco?? so far theres just a Barneys that i know of...

hey dudes,

i´ve just listed a nice pair of 606s, bought em last year and was told that these are repro but my eyes don´t believe it, if its true it really is the best

repro i´ve ever seen so far, the extrem short indicates them to be original since i haven´t seen a L28 repro yet: but anways these are incredibly nice:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320342362266&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

Called Michigan Ave., and the clerk said they had one pair of 517's in a light/distressed wash left for $39.95. I think she was confused about the jeans, so I didn't press too much. Didn't think there was a 517 wash in LVC last season.

Called Shaumberg, and they are out of LVC completely.

be careful when trusting the levis store employees. I called the raleigh levis store last week to see if they had any LVC left and the woman who answered the phone told me they didnt have any and that they were nolonger going to carry LVC. So I went in the next week just for kicks and an employee there recognized my selvage seam and pointed me in the direction of the clearance rack where they had several raw 47s, raw 646s, bell bottoms, 55s in some sort of wash, 47s in some sort of wash, and raw 517s. he told me that they had more the previous week but due to the sale they had (which was going on when i called) they had sold most of the LVC stuff for around 50 dollars a pop. So, thanks lady who I spoke to. they are still on sale for around 80 dollars though, none left in my size.

There are two (2) Levis stores in SF, at least to my knowledge: Union Square and Castro.

I went to both last Sunday (2/15/09). The Union Square store had two (2) Type III jackets for $49.99. They were size S. They had some orange-tag LVCs in some wash. That's all that I saw. The Castro store does not carry LVC.

Will

EDIT: I should note as well that the clerk at Bucktown was very knowledgeable about LVC, and very helpful and matter of fact in helping me. He knew exactly what he was talking about, and so I think it should be said that not all Levi's employees are clueless about LVC, rather there are some out there who are just as into the line as us.

you more than likely spoke with Tyler. That dude is an LVC junkie. Wish he'd get an account here so he could share with us his collection which is amazing.

The clerk that was so helpful with me was named Bobby, but it's good to know that there's more than one LVC junkie at the stores!

I got bored, called Michigan Ave again tonight, it was the 1966 Studio Worn they had in stock still. I asked the clerk about the Brain Dead '47, they have them for $170 still in 30x34, but he (apparently) looked it up in their computer system and told me Soho, Santa Monica and a few other stores had them in stock.

A couple more calls, a couple more disinterested clerks = no one with any Brain Dead in stock (or, so the clerks at those stores say). So who knows? Maybe the computer is wrong, maybe the clerks don't know, maybe the jeans ARE all gone.

And sorry if it seems like I've posted too much about the stores and LVC stock. In the States, with the line in what appears to be limbo and the remaining stock all on some sort of clearance, I figure now's the time to figure out what's still available and where, and to grab it while you still can. But I'll give it a rest now.