Levi's Vintage Clothing

Whats the deal with the embossing on the leather patches?

my 1947s from F/W 2007 USA Line have an embossed patch

my 1947s from s/s 2008 Euro Line do not have an embossed patch

my 1937s from s/s 2008 Euro Line do not have an embossed patch

now I remember there being some discussion about embossing vs. no embossing but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with authenticity...

anyone have an answer?

nobody knows whats up with the patch embossing? paul? airfrog?

Guest DCDenim
the "fgt" lied to you. LVC 47 was NEVER $275 unless we're talking about some washed version. Deadstocks retailed for $175 and last time i checked (a week ago), they were on sale for $80 bucks.

yeah that is what I figured, the people I talked to don't seem to know anything and seem oblivious as to what they are selling.

either my store didn't mark them down or nobody put a markdown sticker, in which case I should have had them scan it to see if they were $80, but it doesn't matter since I can't fit into a 28 anyway.

They were on the sales rack, yet everything else seemed to be 70-75% off, so the LVC 1947 should have been marked down accordingly ~$50. The 47s have been marked down for quite some time so I am surprised to see stores still have anything left over.

Also wanted to take a look at the verde cast but didn't see those either.

^no, you're wrong.

they posted bulletins in the nearest mining town's store, asking other pioneers and miners what size they should get if they wore a 34 in sears & roebuck cotton twill trousers, when, how long, and in what temp water they should soak, and most importantly:

arcs & tab?

sometimes they had to proxy from san francisco...

+rep

Posted these in the Evolution thread last night and Erk suggested posting here as well.

They are LVC 1933's from about 4 or 5 years ago. They were my first selvedge jeans so made sense that they'd be the first pair to post here

33s_front.jpg

33sback.jpg

33s_label.jpg

33s_backleg.jpg

33s_cuff.jpg

I'll get round to photographing some more from my collection soon...

thanks for posting the pics electrum, and they look real nice but I still don't understand your obsession with the idea of "rigid surfboard" jeans. it is my understanding that jeans that thick/stiff are a later achievement and jeans that are reproductions of early jeans shouldn't be as rigid as surfboards.

also, why not soak? you're not going to lose much color and in most cases i've found my jeans to be much more "rigid" after a soak.

I got a pair of these as well (probably from the same seller on the 'bay) and they're preshrunk, or so claims the hangtags...

^no, you're wrong.

they posted bulletins in the nearest mining town's store, asking other pioneers and miners what size they should get if they wore a 34 in sears & roebuck cotton twill trousers, when, how long, and in what temp water they should soak, and most importantly:

arcs & tab?

sometimes they had to proxy from san francisco...

It is so true. Those sissies.

nobody knows whats up with the patch embossing? paul? airfrog?

MOst of the early repros have an embossed patch, they certainly look better - I don't know wheher the originals were embossed, the ones i've seen were all that beef jerky effect.

I thought the current patches looked OK but there were some nasty looking ones aournd 2007, they're mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Can anyone tell me more about the orange tab range from LVC?

I've discovered it at the new LVC store We have in Paris but the guy couldn't tell me anything about it.

That's the first time I see this range in France and I'd like to know more about it. Is it really part of LVC?

Can anyone tell me more about the orange tab range from LVC?

I've discovered it at the new LVC store We have in Paris but the guy couldn't tell me anything about it.

That's the first time I see this range in France and I'd like to know more about it. Is it really part of LVC?

They're not distributed by LVC, I believe they go thru a different distribution channel.

Not straight repros, cuts are adjusted slightly, more of an emphasis on the washes, don't think they're made in US, they looked good to me, washes and distressing looked very close to some of my old orange tabs.

They're not distributed by LVC, I believe they go thru a different distribution channel.

Not straight repros, cuts are adjusted slightly, more of an emphasis on the washes, don't think they're made in US, they looked good to me, washes and distressing looked very close to some of my old orange tabs.

could he be referring to the 517s and others the tailor toggs did for Levi's? I always thought those were LVC. they do have that new series called "reissued" or something. Those are definitely not LVC.

Not to be confused with the true LVC orange tabs put out here in the U.S. from approx. 2005-08

No, this is a new premium range which is think is separate to both of those.

Previously, those 517s etc WERE made by LVC. Then there was a more mass market orange tab in the US. THis is a new range that I think comes out of LVC Europe, with half a dozen models or so, that's separate from LVC separate distribution, separate catalogue.

I would tell you the model breakdown but I've, er, lost the brochure.

Oh, Supawiwi, tell us more about the Paris store? Do they carry all of LVC? Can we see pics??

it´s strange with those O Tab reissues, they take a 1980-90s cut the 615 and a so called 605 with leather like patch, it´s repro of the famous 1960s 606s superslims... I´d get a pair of those 605s, they´re very authentic, but not the 615 carrot shape which are incredible expensive(120€) when you still easy can find originals for about 10€...

This is a small store branded LVC store. From what I've seen they seem to carry what is supposed to be our spring summer the 37, 33, 47 and 67, both raw and pre-distressed. Of course they have a few cut & sewn with the shirts, tees but that's pretty all. Didn't see the leather jacket. They also have a few of the levi's red and this orange tab range.

I'll be around there tomorrow, I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow night.

I didn't pay much attention to what they had in the shop. When I went there I was kind of in a hurry and tried the 37s on before ordering them from the EU website.

Look forward to read more tomorrow night!

so ive got a hole in my 1947 saddlemans by the crotch which I dont think is spose to be as big as it is.What would be the best option to fix it?

IMG_0409.jpg

I know theres spose rip in these jeans of course i just think this one may have been made bigger.

were the saddlemans also made in any other inseam apart from 34?

505 cut...orange tab denim (indigo is a lighter shade and the denim is lighter weight than red tabs)...probably from the late 80s to early/mid 90s.