Levi's Vintage Clothing

Could anyone tell me where I can get a pair of selvage 47s? I saw over on Styleforum that a lot of people were picking them up really cheap.

I need a pair that will be about 32x30 after shrinking and stretching. What tagged size will give that to me? And where the hell can I pick them up?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Can anyone help me with this question?

Kids are in bed,wife is out the house,I am bored.

Here you go:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p33_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1947-DRY-GOODS-501xx-LVC.html

This thread is filled with tons of informations and answers to your question,it doesnt hurt to read a few pages.I am going to bed now.

Whoah. Your taste is at odds with the entire world!

I'm glad to hear that because if you look at most icons they're wearing straight leg with either cowboys or engineers. The guys in "The wild ones", "Rebel without a cause", Clint in the man with no name movies. The punks in the seventies like the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash. Leather jackets and jeans that's rock and roll, baby. Fall out boy look like boys. Who'd wanna dress like that. On the other hand you can look at most of the stuff people wear everyday and they'll be embarrassed by the pictures in 10 years. The eighties with acid wash jeans and members only jackets. The nineties ratty hippie look, er, I mean grunge. I can't believe what people are into these days. Spending a ton of money on "upscale" crap where the label the most important thing. Just sad.

You benefit from this board like everyone else does, right? Where else can you find some of the most knowledgeable denim wonks available in one place that are here everyday sharing their expertise with you regardless of whether you're a novice or a seasoned denim aficionado? Since this forum provides this service at no cost, you should consider supporting this community by buying your jeans from the sponsors that make this forum possible. Hell, look at Cultizm, they have just about every current lvc model available as we speak, and their prices are reasonable too. Seems like a no-brainer to me -- one stop hassle free shopping for the items you want while giving a little back to this community at the same time. It's a win win for everyone...

Guest DCDenim
You benefit from this board like everyone else does, right? Where else can you find some of the most knowledgeable denim wonks available in one place that are here everyday sharing their expertise with you regardless of whether you're a novice or a seasoned denim aficionado? Since this forum provides this service at no cost, you should consider supporting this community by buying your jeans from the sponsors that make this forum possible. Hell, look at Cultizm, they have just about every current lvc model available as we speak, and their prices are reasonable too. Seems like a no-brainer to me -- one stop hassle free shopping for the items you want while giving a little back to this community at the same time. It's a win win for everyone...

I'm pretty sure he wants to know where to cop $50 LVC '47s without paying $180 for them.. Forums should help needy users get the best deal foremost, instead of watching out for the rich affiliates...

I'm glad to hear that because if you look at most icons they're wearing straight leg with either cowboys or engineers. The guys in "The wild ones", "Rebel without a cause", Clint in the man with no name movies. The punks in the seventies like the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash. Leather jackets and jeans that's rock and roll, baby. Fall out boy look like boys. Who'd wanna dress like that. On the other hand you can look at most of the stuff people wear everyday and they'll be embarrassed by the pictures in 10 years. The eighties with acid wash jeans and members only jackets. The nineties ratty hippie look, er, I mean grunge. I can't believe what people are into these days. Spending a ton of money on "upscale" crap where the label the most important thing. Just sad.

But wait, what about skinny jeans with massive sneakers? I just love that look. Birght flamboyent 80s t-shirts... that shit is great man.

Straight leg dark denim, boots, and a t-shirt. Simple and timeless.

Hello Denim Heads,

First of all thanks to everyone who's left positive comments after my first offering.

Here's my next pair. They're LVC 47's from the '06 season. I sized up on these as I did with the 33's so not a real tight fit. They were worn pretty heavily for about 18 months and washed 4 or 5 times in that time. They're not as worn in as the 33's - not as faded. But, the denim has a different hue. I'm guessing this comes from the variations of the denim season to season.

Anyway, here they are:

47s_front.jpg

47s_back.jpg

47s_backleg.jpg

47s_label.jpg

47s_pocket.jpg

47s_tag.jpg

47s_cuff.jpg

But wait, what about skinny jeans with massive sneakers? I just love that look. Birght flamboyent 80s t-shirts... that shit is great man.

Straight leg dark denim, boots, and a t-shirt. Simple and timeless.

^

I'm 100% with you.

The 80's were my glory days. I'm 44 and it was like any other time there was some cool popular stuff but most of it sucked. acid wash jeans, parachute pants, members only jackets were the trends but there was cool underground stuff. The Smiths dressed cool. 501's and fred perry polo shirts and baracuda jackets. Or RUN DMC with the black Levis jeans and jeans jackets. I loved the original Nike Air Jordans from back then.

But in any period dressing cool is the exception most people in the 50's weren't dressed like Brando and Dean in '47's or Lee jeans. You really had to be a rebel.

those 47s are very nice for 47s, but it shows they are not worth it putting to much time in em, hope one day levi´s will use other denim with em...

They look a lot like my current 47s, which are late 2006 I think.

My earlier pair looked terrific,I wish I hadn't sold them, but the later examples are grainier, a lot more weft showing - and they're less of a royal blue when washed. I'm putting another three months into them, but I know they won't be as good as the last pair. The mind-fuck part is it's really hard to know whether you've got the really good run of denim or not.

47frontmain.jpg

Spring '06

201triowashed-1.jpg

Fall '06 47, top right. Sorry for crappy photo.,

So essentially there's no way of judging this seasons jeans other that to shell out loads of cash and then invest loads of time... nice

Ha, that's denim for ya!

The 47 denim is very distinctive, and has always looked very different t the 55. I don't think you can go wrong with the 55, you just have to downsize them compared to the 47.

I've tried to get a breakdown from Cone on the difference between the 47 denim and the XX-50 1955 denim, but I think they're worried to tell me in case Levi's complain they're giving away trade secrets.

If you check the FAQ (and this thread), there are photos of both; I'd say the 1901 have a straighter leg.

There's a model guide at the bottom of this page:

http://www.trynka.net/Site/501%20FAQ.html

WHich is an augement version of the 501 guide on this site, which I can't update any more because I am at the photo limit:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Hmm. Essentially similar I think, by which I mean they should both be very good.

I own the 1890 and 1901, I believe they're slightly different but both great denim, supplied by Kurabo. The 1901 was very distincitve when new, very dark grey tint to the denim, subtle striation, and I think they're wearing in beautifully, altho it's always tricker with baggier denim (altho you're the guru, your 33 look terrific). The 1896 is much more of a petrol blue.

I think the 1870s versions, whether the NEvada or the XX aka Oldest Oldest will both wear in just as well, but it's hard to know exactly , I think you tend to need a soak and a couple of months wear before you get a feel for how they might fade, don't you think?

Gotta go now, Red Riding is on...

Guest jakejake

I'm selling a like new LVC 1947 pair in 32x34 deadstock. They were soaked one time but never really worn. I bought them true to my waist size (32), but after the soak the fit is kinda tight for my liking. They would fit perfect if your waist is 30-31". If would also consider trades for jeans with an actual waist of ~32". PM if interested.

those 47s are very nice for 47s, but it shows they are not worth it putting to much time in em, hope one day levi´s will use other denim with em...

exactly what I was thinking. Clerk did a great job wearing them and the result is good, but would have been great had the denim not been so lackluster.

The denim always turned me off 47s. Shame.