Levi's Vintage Clothing

201triowashed-1.jpg

Fall '06 47, top right. Sorry for crappy photo.,

Of the three pictured above, the 201s on the left look the best The;re in great contrast to the other two denims. Btw, thanks for posting the link to Levi's 201 - 2002vs2007 thread the other day. The pictures there, especially the detail shots show just how sinister the 201 denim colour is -- it's like stepping back in time when looking at them. I wonder where Levi's gets that stuff, Cone? It's odd that the 201 doesn't seem to get much play time on these denim forums as, say the '47 or 501 in general. I mean they're (in my opinion) the most complex and intersting lvc denim out there. I can only imagine what it looks and feels like in hand, if I can only find my size, I'll get myself a pair and find out.

It's odd that the 201 doesn't seem to get much play time on these denim forums as, say the '47 or 501 in general. I mean they're (in my opinion) the most complex and intersting lvc denim out there. I can only imagine what it looks and feels like in hand, if I can only find my size, I'll get myself a pair and find out.

they are really interesting : denim, suspender buttons, cinch back, cool patch etc...but I think the reason they dont get much play on the forum is because of the cut itself. they're always described as being so wide legged. i believe that turns a lot of people off. I know thats what happened when I was looking for a new pair of LVCs, so I opted for the 1937 501.

I've still never seen a fit pic of the 1920s 201...

exactly what I was thinking. Clerk did a great job wearing them and the result is good, but would have been great had the denim not been so lackluster.

The denim always turned me off 47s. Shame.

I agree, although I do tend to think this is a recent problem - was it almostnice who had two pairs, the second of which was from late 2006, and the first pair looked great, and the second looked like Clerk's - which do look good, but are very.. grey, compared to the earlier ones.

So what about denim since 06 season? Anyone got any pics?

Have LVC gone back to the nicer stuff?

I'd really like to pick up a pair of either 1901's or 66's (or both) but I'd really like to know that I'm gonna get that nice royal blue hue to them.

I reckon they'll both be fine, it's just the 47 fabric - which i think is called XUVS, which has gone thru a dodgy phase. I want to stress I don't think this was always the case - the Spring 2006 jeans, and earlier, are great, I reckon. The new ones might be too, for all I know.

HEre's almostnice's post, shopwing the difference in the denim. I think there is a similar difference between my spring 2006, shown on the last page, and the fall 2006.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1598978&postcount=2495

I agree, although I do tend to think this is a recent problem - was it almostnice who had two pairs, the second of which was from late 2006, and the first pair looked great, and the second looked like Clerk's - which do look good, but are very.. grey, compared to the earlier ones.
Here they are:

tagged 04 01 - april 2001,555 stamped

P1020579.jpg

tagged S1 06 - spring/summer 2006

P1020522-1.jpg

Is that an accurate rendition, by the way? If you do colour cast correction and get the backgound roughly the same, the second pair do look a lot more contrasty.

Do you still have both of them & could u shoot them together? ENquiring minds want to know!

So after reading a bit of this thread, is it safe to assume that going true to size in the selvage 47's is the way to go for a good slim (but not too skinny) type of sillouette?

I've tried to read the thread to see what most people do, but it seems like people can go anywhere from true to size to up 2 sizes in the waist. Is going true to size going to make for a painful break-in period to stretch them back?

I'm looking for a 32x31 measurement after shrinking and stretching. I've come to the conclusion that I'll need a 32x34 for get this fit? Can anyone 1947 experience confirm this?

Thanks.

After seeing the recent pictures and reading the recent posts, now I don't know if I want to go with a pair of the 555 1947s (I asked Dejan to hold a pair in my size). I've got a pair of '44s that I really like, and would like another pair of jeans with that straight legged 40s look (not wide, and not tapered). Should I just stick with the '44s? How's the denim compare between the two? I bought my 44s to fit and have worn them raw for between 40 and 50 wears. Denim still has a stiff feel to it (that I expect will disappear when they are finally washed), and doesn't seem to be wearing. Lot of nice sharp creases at the back of the knees though.

Is that an accurate rendition, by the way? If you do colour cast correction and get the backgound roughly the same, the second pair do look a lot more contrasty.

Do you still have both of them & could u shoot them together? ENquiring minds want to know!

Yes,I have done the pics probably a month apart and under different conditions.I am gonna do some comparison-shots with equal settings this weekend.Thanks for linking my old post,Paul.I just couldnt mind searching and took a shortcut via photobucket.:)

And length? If I'm looking for something around 31" I'm thinking I should go with the 34" inseam? How do the 47s shrink in length?

My 34" inseam '55's shrunk to about 30 - 31.

The '47's have more severe leg twist than the 55's. My 47's start twisting before mid-thigh and the selvedge ends up equal distance between my ankles in the front. The 55's selvedge ended up halfway between my ankle and the middle of my foot.

Took some pics of my LVC 1967 505. Haven't worn them in quite a while, but there's 5 months of wear in them so far. They are on the big side for me, as these are 32x34 while i'm a 30W. Kaihara denim, made in USA (2007 run). Kinda strange that the hige is forming strongly on one leg, but not on the other one... Must be from the way i sit/stand/walk or something :/

lvc675051.jpg

lvc675052.jpg

lvc675053.jpg

lvc675054.jpg

lvc67505-5.jpg

Weather was shit today,the sun came out at 5am so I hurried and tried to do some accurate shots.judge by yourself:

2001 vs. 2006

P1020957-2.jpg

P1020956-2.jpg

P1020958.jpg

P1020959.jpg

P1020963.jpg

P1020962.jpg

The darker one in the images is the 2001 valencia str. made.

That would not do them justice,as I used to wear stfs for some years,and I will always choose the 2006 over any stf.On the other hand I will always choose the 2001 over the 2006!:D I know its hard to tell from the pics,but the denim from 01 is really on another level than from its counterpart five years later,IMO.

Took some pics of my LVC 1967 505. Haven't worn them in quite a while, but there's 5 months of wear in them so far. They are on the big side for me, as these are 32x34 while i'm a 30W. Kaihara denim, made in USA (2007 run). Kinda strange that the hige is forming strongly on one leg, but not on the other one... Must be from the way i sit/stand/walk or something :/

lvc675051.jpg

That denim looks cool. Kind of streaky looking like some Japanese denim. It reminds me of the way Real McCoys jeans look.

What's Kaihara denim? Is that the name of the manufacturer? It's made in USA? The name sounds Japanese.

How's the fit run on those? SHrink to marked size in the waist?

Damn, now I kind of regret not grabbing one of those Valencia 47's Cultizm had. The 2001 looks a lot better imo. The 2006 reminds me too much of a pair of STFs.

Dejan is getting a bunch more in a week or so.

I got this e-mail last week from Cultizm

"Comming soon:

1947 501xx made on Valencia Street, San Francisco, California

This wonderful item will be available within the next 7-14 days in these sizes:

28/34 - 30/38 - 32/36 - 34/40 - 40/38

29/34 - 31/32 - 32/40 - 36/32 - 42/34

29/36 - 31/34 - 33/38 - 36/38 - 42/36

30/32 - 31/36 - 33/40 - 36/40

30/36 - 31/38 - 34/38 - 40/34"

I have him sending me a pair...

I got the '54 501zxx, and after a cold soak the zipper has buckled a little - as I figued it was going to. What I didn't count on is how bummed I'd be about it.

I love the jeans, the fit is perfect, but I'd really like to get the zipper back to it's nice, original flat, straight form - anyone have any idea how I might go about fixing it?

Would this require removing the zipper completely and reattaching it, or replacing it with a new one?

I don't have the skills or knowledge to figure this out on my own, I googled but couldn't find any useful info.

Thanks

did you soak it with the zipper closed?

I'd figure with some wear and another soak it should be back to what it should...

I got the '54 501zxx, and after a cold soak the zipper has buckled a little - as I figued it was going to. What I didn't count on is how bummed I'd be about it.

I love the jeans, the fit is perfect, but I'd really like to get the zipper back to it's nice, original flat, straight form - anyone have any idea how I might go about fixing it?

Would this require removing the zipper completely and reattaching it, or replacing it with a new one?

I don't have the skills or knowledge to figure this out on my own, I googled but couldn't find any useful info.

Thanks