Levi's Vintage Clothing

Thanks Thomas, they faded reasonably quickly (I was rotating them with a couple other pairs, and there was basically a point of last summer where it was too hot to wear just about any pant)

I haven't done measurements in ages, but I got a 33 and they seem to fit pretty 'right' if that makes sense, I can do measurements when I'm home to make sure I'm not lying. I don't own a 1947, so I can't really compare.

ThomasK -- I've had a couple pairs of '67s and, like many people here in this thread, more than a few pairs of '47s. My experience has been that the '67s come about 1" larger than tagged size in the waist -- the 34s I had measured 35" (BIG-style), and the 36s I still have were closer to 37". It's been a few years though, so this info may not help you much. Either way, the '67s will stretch quite a bit in the waist after just a few wears. As far as a '47-'67 comparison, the '67s are slimmer with a slightly lower rise, trimmer thigh, and greater degree of taper than the '47s.

Hope this helps. Personally, I like the '67s a bit more than the '47s.

Dr., your jacket was designed based on a 30's/40's work jacket. Back then trousers were cut with a longer rise so dudes tended to wear them higher on the waist than today so the jackets were cut shorter in length than we're used to. I think your jacket fit looks spot. Cool jacket.

That's exactly right. The hem and sleeves should be a bit shorter than we are used to today, for an authentic '30s fit.

Did you ever send it off to Aero for a replacement lining?

Thanks gentlemen, thanks roy6. Yeah, the jackets got a new lining from Aero (took them three months!), perfect job. They also resew the Levis-Label ;) and, needless to say, I am very proud of this jacket.

LVC just did a collab with Junya Watanabe (Comme des Garçons). You can pick them up for a low price of £625 through Endclothing.

All I have to say is, really?

Who'd a thought looking that bad would be that expensive?!