Levi's Vintage Clothing

Believe me, we're all grateful you do.

BTW, good news from Kara. One more phone call to make...

Are you trying to say, "The Eagle has landed," "All systems a go,"Blast Off," "i've been to the mountaintop and seen the promiseland?"

Well, as Winston said, it's not the beginning of the end, but it is indeed the end of the beginning.

Who's this Winston guy you speak of? Has he done anything important so that I would know him?

Can anyone tell me anything about these? I had them arrive this morning after picking them up extremely cheap from ebay. The denim is extremely light (in texture not colour) and they have 34 stamped on the back of the button. I'm no expert in LVC, so just owndered if anyone knew what model they are, thanks in advance.

They are a 38 waist, so fit really big on me, but I love the denim so I might wear 'em loose, gold miner style.

DSC05639.jpg

DSC05638.jpg

DSC05637.jpg

DSC05636.jpg

DSC05635.jpg

DSC05634.jpg

Just looked at a couple of models, they look more like "Roaring Pride" than "Sproul" to me....but I could be wrong.

I'll put a tag pic on later, just rushing around to get ready for a wedding..

heyro,

vintage store by me has some vintage levis jackets... big E's, type III, non selvedge. Im not good with these kind of jackets, but how much to spend.... the prices range from about 50-80 depending on condition... is this fair? or can i find better

are you wearing 'em?

Ha, ha , no it's not quite that casual. Here are the tag pics...

186ef73c.jpg

6bcc0ef5.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

The fit on the other page, which has drawn a few extreme reactions, is fine worn in the right setting with the right items to accompany it. If you are a Tokyo or New York skate kid, or aspire to that kind of image, and want to wear LVC, then sag away. But as others have said, once you get out of your early 20's it can look a bit desperate in my opinion.

Apologies if this has been posted recently but it looks like aeroleather have got a new website with new stock of LVC. Unfortunately they are also selling them at the ludicrous new prices. No new LVC for me ever again it would seem. It's a shame as aeroleather used to be the cheapest I could find here in the UK.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/index.php

340 bucks + 50 bucks shipping to the US for a pair of 1947 501s? Holy shit Aeroleather! My problem with the price increase is that Levis hasn't made the jeans better, they've just increased the price.Where is the justifiction in that? And I woudn't be whinning so much if they were not one of my two favorite jeans. Nice 47s ppsos

340 bucks + 50 bucks shipping to the US for a pair of 1947 501s? Holy shit Aeroleather! My problem with the price increase is that Levis hasn't made the jeans better, they've just increased the price.

Ouch. Cultizm still seem to list them at a more reasonable £168. But £215? I'm sure last time I looked at the Warehouse 1003XX 44 repros they were £168 before tax on Rakuten. tough competition.

At least £95 is a bargain!

Yes, $265 is more palatable and like most things, we'll get used to it after the sting goes away. I'll likely pay what they ask for 47 501s; but not without a lot of whinning! ;)

edit - I think, too, it's a matter of perceived value. We are used to paying $250 to $300 and up for Japanese jeans and $175 for Levis. Now we have to pay $265 for the same pair of Levis and can't see the justification.

Funnily enough, I think the 44s are worth it; they match up to to Japanese ones. They've made a real effort.

If, for instance, they produced a later 50s jean, with the offset belt loop, more lemon stitching, neat detailing and the fabric up to recent quality, again they'd sell, because of the heritage and, especially in Japan, the fact they're made in the US. But just producing the same jeans for a hiked price, especially if they keep some of the errors for earlier models, is going to create a bit of a perception problem.

Funnily enough, I think the 44s are worth it; they match up to to Japanese ones. They've made a real effort.

If, for instance, they produced a later 50s jean, with the offset belt loop, more lemon stitching, neat detailing and the fabric up to recent quality, again they'd sell, because of the heritage and, especially in Japan, the fact they're made in the US. But just producing the same jeans for a hiked price, especially if they keep some of the errors for earlier models, is going to create a bit of a perception problem.

my thoughts exactly, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Love the current 44's, sized down 2 to 32 (measured 34 raw) and waist stretched back out after a day or so. Nice details and well finished imo

@ Lance

wrt aeroleather's steep shipping rate, you could request for Royal Mail International Signed-For. It costs me GBP20, relatively cheaper. Twice, the jeans reached my Singapore residence in 2 weeks.

Anyway, i wished i had ordered 1933 before the price hike. does anyone has a 1933 with NRA tag (tag size 30, or tts w29) to let go?