I've a feeling that Outlier hit the point where the brand's basic concept worked but the business was heading in a direction that wasn't that interesting to the founders. I'm sure the new product a week, or what ever it is, drops and sourcing new fabrics is way more interesting than figuring out how to sell the same pair of pants made from Scholler dryskin day in and day out. I kind of like the weirdness of their experiments, but like many things, that sentiment likely won't lead to my financial support.

25 minutes ago, CB200 said:

I've a feeling that Outlier hit the point where the brand's basic concept worked but the business was heading in a direction that wasn't that interesting to the founders. I'm sure the new product a week, or what ever it is, drops and sourcing new fabrics is way more interesting than figuring out how to sell the same pair of pants made from Scholler dryskin day in and day out. I kind of like the weirdness of their experiments, but like many things, that sentiment likely won't lead to my financial support.

You’re probably right.

I’m sad that a lot of my favourite pieces (the runweight and the OG cloth pieces) have been discontinued, with little in the way of exciting things coming out as experiments. So many definitive pieces are gone—the OG Classics, the Climbers, the Dyneema backpacks, the supermarine bomber, all the great merino sweaters...

It just seems like the current product line lacks focus or direction. I’m not trying to hate though—I hope this fall gives me reason to recant.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, WiseFool said:

If you're referring to the 10th anni Down bomber, they fit TTS (if you're L in ACR go size XL in sisp). The arms are slightly long though. 

Nice one. Im L in ACR but also L in Raso-R so ill stick with that.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone owns or has properly handled Vollebak gear? I'm interested in the 100 years range, especially the jacket, but wondering how its constructed / feels vs. Gore-Tex. The pants are also interesting, but I think they went a bit overboard with the design and there is a bit too much for me, wish they had a cleaner version without the leg vent and a normal seat (and even without the cargo pocket). 

I had their solar charged jacket. Wore it once in rain, soaked through instantly despite it supposedly being waterproof. But the best part - the rainwater left weird stains/discoloration in the material that would not come out anymore - so basically 400usd out the window for wearing it one time ... will never buy anything from that brand again. If you asked me, they should use their budgets to work on the quality of what they make, not on all that obnoxious marketing.

13 hours ago, eyesolation said:

I had their solar charged jacket. Wore it once in rain, soaked through instantly despite it supposedly being waterproof. But the best part - the rainwater left weird stains/discoloration in the material that would not come out anymore - so basically 400usd out the window for wearing it one time ... will never buy anything from that brand again. If you asked me, they should use their budgets to work on the quality of what they make, not on all that obnoxious marketing.

Their marketing is also really aggressive and quite annoying to read. I only stayed subscribed for the long chance they're re-issuing the 100 year hoodie.

I'm a big fan of Vollebak, i think i've mentioned it before on this thread. I've had some great experiences with their Customer Support team and their returns systems is fantastic.

I've got a few pieces by them, most recently, the indestructible puffer jacket. It's a fantastic piece, the material is insane, has a beautiful shimmer to it and it's so cozy for the winter. The material is actually self healing as I discovered when a friend asked me to prove that it was actually indestructible... i stabbed it with a razor sharp steak knife, which made a tiny hole and when i rubbed the material together, the hole completely disappeared! Crazy. The only negative is that the snap fasteners are a bit hard to click into place but other than that it's a great piece.. Here's a pic of it anyway.

INDPUFA.jpg

Question if im looking for something streetwearish but not in the realm of techwear, whats the best forum to post in on sufu? I have had a look but all the other 'groups' dont seem to have stickied topics like techwear

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2020 at 12:29 AM, St. Piffy said:

Has anyone bought Vollebak 100 years or planet earth pants? Please, can share your impressions, opinion and photos.

Few posts back:

On 1/17/2020 at 1:59 PM, danii said:

I got the 100 years pants but returned because they kinda fit and felt like wearing some workwear pants. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no idea who the target market for Haven's apparel is and no idea why they keep making collection after collection lol. I like their buys but when I visited their Vancouver store the staff was pretentious as hell. It's like bruh I'm wearing acronym pants just like you it's not like I'm some lookie loo

I go fairly often to the Toronto Haven store. I also really like their buy and especially how they style their website, but the SAs are definitely not friendly. Still can't figure out whether it's pretentiousness or that they just decided letting customer browse in peace was best for business. If it's the latter I really appreciate that, but I really think a bit of acknowledgement when you walk in wearing all the right things would go a long way toward creating warmer feelings toward the store from my POV. 

I kind of like their in-house brand, but not unlike most of what they carry, it's a bit expensive for what it is. I know the CDN retail environment is not competitive, but the markup on some of the brands (especially the Japanese brands) is a bit much, especially since it's so easy to compare prices online.  Anyway, being home for 5 months and only wearing sweats is making me reconsider the amount I spend on clothes...