Can anyone point me to some high grade tech wear shirts that don't have me look a goth ninj or a designer ?

Something I can wear under a suit.

Straight up , tailored and no gimmicks(zippers etc)...

Sounds like you're looking for a dress shirt and not a techwear shirt at all. That being said, http://shop.ministryofsupply.com/

Edited by Stacks

x post from small questions..

Maybe better here..

Can anyone point me to some high grade tech wear shirts that don't have me look a goth ninj or a designer ?

Have a look at Rohan as well.

x post from small questions..

Maybe better here..

Outlier blaze pivot also comes to mind.

Arc'teryx switched their production to China around 2008 or 2009. I am not sure when I bought my Canadian made Theta exactly but it was in this time range, because the Hoody I bought in the same year came from China.

that's not exactly true. they may have started to manufacture in china, but they still kept some of the jackets going in canada. still do even outside the veilance range.

the theta ar's from spring of 2010 (which is just before the updated the design) were made in China and Canada.

I picked one up from a shop that had four colours. The black and teak ones were made in Canada and the red and blues were from China. As said above, I doubt there's much of a difference in the quality between the two..

DSCN0135.jpg

that's not exactly true. they may have started to manufacture in china, but they still kept some of the jackets going in canada. still do even outside the veilance range.

This is the truth. If you are interested, Four Pins sent someone to the head office and Vancouver factory recently and took some great photos.

Like this one, of some Alpha SV's being made in Vancouver:

arc8.jpg

From what I understood was that a lot of cutting of patterns was/is done in the Bonfire/Salomon group factory.

Then lower tier jackets and fleeces are china produced in Arc'teryx's own plant and the top tier jacket are sent in part to the Vancouver factory to be assembled...

Anyone got any suggestions for some tech chinos/trousers? Not necessarily tech in styling just something made from technical fabric (schoeller etc). I was going to go with outlier climbers but a lot of people have commented on them being very stretchy and legging like (although I guess thats sort of the point) and the 4 seasons pants would probably be a bit baggy.

Anyone got any suggestions for some tech chinos/trousers? Not necessarily tech in styling just something made from technical fabric (schoeller etc). I was going to go with outlier climbers but a lot of people have commented on them being very stretchy and legging like (although I guess thats sort of the point) and the 4 seasons pants would probably be a bit baggy.

outlier chinos are boss; great cut, doesn't look tech, fabric is resistant

http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/chino.html#fragment-2

people say they're like leggings because of the range of movement. they don't look like, or fit like leggings, but all 4seasons fabric have a bit of shine to it. go for the chinos. i think they're better and don't have that sheen.. probably less water resistant.

re: dirty bird production locale, the main reason for a shift to fabrication in china is that canada has a shortage of skilled personnel, and some high-end techniques are becoming increasingly unavailable in north america. the move to china really isn't about cutting costs, but primarily about meeting production demands.

Does anyone know whether Scholler 3XDry incorporates a nanosphere treatment or a DWR one? thanks.

3xdry is a dwr treatment style of it's own, so no nanosphere. it seems like schoeller mainly licenses out nanosphere for other textiles, tweave llc is a prolific purveyor of nanosphere coated stretch wovens.

What's the difference between the Climbers, OG, and Chinos?

As far as I can tell Climbers and OG are made from Outliers 4 seasons fabric, Climbers are skinnier (and maybe a bit stretchier?) than the OGs. Chinos are made from a different fabric but also incorporate the schoeller nanosphere coating found on the OGs/Climbers.

Been reading this thread for months now and just signed up, but...

Check out Bluff Works. They started out on Kickstarter a few months ago. They are just about to start shipping the first pairs. They aren't super tech as far as DWR goes, but they look like they offer quite a bit for the price point. According to the last email they sent out mine should ship by the end of this month, so I'll give a review when I get them.

Could you please help me find any acronym ds-hd2 hoodie alternative? Just something black with good material, zippers etc. But a bit less pricy, im just a student

have you tried triple aught design? they have three different tech hoodies, loaded with zippers and they come in black and dark gray.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204425904578072641200585334.html?mod=WSJ_Magazine_LEFTSecondStories

The real future of clothing, of course, belongs to unsettling, change-driving new technologies. To nano-beaded fabrics that clean and regroom themselves as they hang in your closet. To relatively weightless materials, packable as silk, cool or cozy as required. To the function-based repurposing of natural-wonder materials, like silk and cashmere. To the realm of performance materials, technical fabrics, many of which are currently produced in Switzerland—and are as expensive per yard as decent Italian leather. This sort of innovation feels like part of the actual future that's arrived slightly early, the opposite of futuristic.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody have the Arc'teryx Khuno parka? does it fit TTS? i'm looking for a jacket to withstand -20C and below (with some layering underneath). i really like how it looks but don't have any experience with the brand or the materials they use. these are the specs:

• 500N Windstopper 2L
  • Windstopper 2-Layer
  • Coreline liner fabric
  • Coreloft 80gm/m² insulation
  • Coreloft 140 gm/m² insulation
  • Weight: 816 g/ 1 lb 12.8 oz

WHF1V.jpg

pic is from rakuten