Westbrook

Acronym.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What fits in it though? My phone won’t... and no magnet tape. So...?

sorry I thought you meant 3a2. 

Edited by lxkhor

9 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

388 euro with ship

Kinda sad that I missed out on it, damn.

9 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What fits in it though? My phone won’t... and no magnet tape. So...?

Probably just small things like keys, cables etc. 

I expect there will be another drop later in the season. Though those olive 3As are just sitting there... Guess no one liked the 3A-13TS?

Posted (edited)

wrong thread my bad

Edited by awex

bags are FW1920, really looking forward for the other stuff. Hopefully in September :)

9 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Guess no one liked the 3A-13TS?

I actually really like the 13TS, but don’t want green. If they restocked in black I’d probably buy one. 

Not as nice as the old 8TS in some ways, but the increased resale prices for the 8TS make the 13TS a much better value at this point... I’m not interested in paying collectors prices for a bag I want to actually use. 

To anyone who got the 3A-WB2 (which i ordered this morning.. :)): 154cm seems kinda long, how do you deal with length? looking at the product pics on mothersite (which are of course highly staged i guess) the thing looks pretty okay, lengthwise, but i can't imagine it looks like this in RL  :ph34r:

8 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

To anyone who got the 3A-WB2 (which i ordered this morning.. :)): 154cm seems kinda long, how do you deal with length? looking at the product pics on mothersite (which are of course highly staged i guess) the thing looks pretty okay, lengthwise, but i can't imagine it looks like this in RL  :ph34r:

3A-WB2 will be in by tomorrow, 154cm seems not to long, i will post an impression

somehow I like the 3A bicolor Kompression buckle detail on the 3A2

8 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

My olive 3A-WB2 isn't nearly that length. Could be a typo. The length of the strap on mine isn't more than 115cm. It's possible they measured the release pull, but even then it's nowhere near 154cm.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:44 AM, X.bee said:

Looks good to me.. 5b848381c6c87_1F78EE88-F754-4964-A40D-94AB6EB0EFA22.thumb.jpg.8c8677aa25e2c83fb8aaca05d6815c2f.jpg.f1059f6cd7f74fcf6490664d544f7720.jpgVHzLGte.thumb.jpg.ae168c9e9f4e261a5244ee825e8944e2.jpg.10472e3d0d5deea7dbe9de3d258b9500.jpg

This looks good man. I’m just curious how many times have you washed this? (Don’t want to make it sound like raw denim talk)

Not my pants, just pulled pics from an older discussion, but pretty much same wash treatment as denim. Get dirty as possible then wash.

On 8/4/2019 at 7:20 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

Looking at the product photos, it looks like the J47-GT is getting interops next time around.

that's J76-GT, i'm pretty sure

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

most likely th 2 first pics are 47, the last one is 76

Edited by daniel

2 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

Its a "new" j47-gt from ss20 (with interops)

15 hours ago, daniel said:

3A-WB2 will be in by tomorrow, 154cm seems not to long, i will post an impression

its 140cm, also now edited

15 hours ago, daniel said:

That would be great!

I whish they would produce more belts. I was again too late this time, but maybe with the FW1920 drops they will release a few more!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

aa.thumb.jpg.247cb0cc50749f77ee01bd604ddbb6ca.jpg

Main view [ With J47-GT and P32-S ]

Bruh...says it right on the product page.

Edited by wexler

9 minutes ago, wexler said:

aa.thumb.jpg.247cb0cc50749f77ee01bd604ddbb6ca.jpg

Main view [ With J47-GT and P32-S ]

Bruh...says it right on the product page.

image.thumb.png.fb54857afa3101a0bd34217840291785.png

They're referring to the last image which doesn't have the jacket listed and isn't a 47 if you look at the hood and you can see the holster pocket and cuff details of...a 76.

19 minutes ago, Tilore said:

image.thumb.png.fb54857afa3101a0bd34217840291785.png

They're referring to the last image which doesn't have the jacket listed and isn't a 47 if you look at the hood and you can see the holster pocket and cuff details of...a 76.

The ole bait n’ switch lol. Mb, the holster zip is pretty telling.

18 hours ago, daniel said:

somehow I like the 3A bicolor Kompression buckle detail on the 3A2

same! I couldn't think of an excuse for buying it. I would have liked to see this in the olive xpac. I was tempted to DIY a 3A-2 by using a 3A-MK2 + strap. 

maybe 3a-9 will return too?

Would be neat to see an entirely new bag honestly. The new 3a-5 is the closest thing we’ve seen to that, and it’s pretty cool. Would also be nice to see a return of the 3a-12ts.

Apparently there’s that really large xpac duffle they’ve been teasing for a while. I guess that’ll be the 3a-14?

On 8/4/2019 at 7:32 PM, jasonlao said:

It also comes with a force lock magnet tape.

Where did you find this info? it says it has Acronym Sound but i'm pretty sure that simply referring to the wire escape at the top.

9 hours ago, daniel said:

most likely the 2 first pics are 47, the last one is 76

;)

13 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

Where did you find this info? it says it has Acronym Sound but i'm pretty sure that simply referring to the wire escape at the top.

Yeah, I misread.

Posted a quick first impression of the 3A-5 on the discord already but I figured I'll post this here again..

The white inner compartment is completely removeable, aswell as the inner two front pockets and ofc the laptop sleeve. If you remove everything via the velcros its like the usual 3A xpac inside. The cover flap is really thick and heavy, but I feel like the bottom should have been reeinforced a bit more because the bottom is also just regular xpac thickness.

The cool thing is you can either put the laptop sleeve behind the inner compartment, carry it over/inside the inner compartment or you can attach the laptop sleeve at the fixed velcro on the cover flap extension and completely remove the inner compartment, which only leaves the sleeve and 2 inner pockets.

As expected, 3 point system feels good and certainly does a good job. All of the buckles are still pretty stiff and require a bit more force to open, which is normal I guess. If you pull all of the buckles up you can fit a good amount of stuff inside, especially If you remove everything including the laptop sleeve (fr its huge).

The Front pockets can nearly fit a 1l arizona tea (2cm too short, was the only bottle I had rn lol). 

Like already shown in the product pics you can put up to three mods around the bag, one on each side and one at the front. You can also tighten the top with a via elastic band which you can pull on a little raf fabric on the right side. You also have a little loose strap on the inside of the bag, in the middle. To acces it, you have to remove the inner compartment + the two inner pockets (its under the velcro line).

I'll show pics of some details around the velcro system on the inside, overall details of the bag and strap system and fitpics with various loads and different strap carry.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwkfumwx7twvjm0/AAC-1eXo92prDqb59O15v21pa?dl=0&m=

Fitpics where the bag has near no structure are taken with everything removed and only my 3a-1 l2 as weight inside. The pics where the bag shows structure and the cover is completely closed are with everything attached on the inside + 3a-1 as additional weight and rubber band tightened. 

One thing thats interesting is that at the bottom of the laptop sleeve is printed the following:  "2017  3A-5TS"

I really love the 3A-5 design but for the amount of travel I do, I'd still rather stick to my 3A-1 (for day to day) and have a tote or duffel on the side. What are you guys using?

30 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I really love the 3A-5 design but for the amount of travel I do, I'd still rather stick to my 3A-1 (for day to day) and have a tote or duffel on the side. What are you guys using?

More or less my exact reasoning for not springing for the 3A-5. My 3A-1 is perfect for my daily commute (especially on the New Jersey PATH train, which tends to be PACKED in the mornings).

I'd looooove a 3A-5 for travel but it's just not something I do super often these days.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I've got a 3A-1, 3A-5TS, and now a 3A-2 coming. I alternate between the 3A-1 and the 3A-5TS for daily use, and would travel with the 5 were I going on a trip for a week or more.

Maybe it's not actually practical from a design perspective (meaning I'm sure they've thought of this and it doesn't work) but it would have been really cool to see a 3A-2 with tec-sys compatibility, so that it could be attached to the outside of the 5TS when traveling, and then detached and used as a daypack when you've arrived wherever.

Edited by junkie_dolphin