Westbrook

Acronym.

sold my p31 because i needed a large, then missed the restock -_-

what are people doing to automate finding restocks/product adds?

You can use something like Visualping or some other webpage change monitor (e.g., Distill/Check4Change/etc).

4 hours ago, appolez said:

You can use something like Visualping or some other webpage change monitor (e.g., Distill/Check4Change/etc).

definitely considered these but im hoping someone here is geek enough to elaborate on their DIY solution. looking for something simple and efficient. i was thinking you could just inspect the total length of the main page's html content, but i dont know enough about web dev to know if thats worth exploring

11 hours ago, Carlyle said:

On the topic of p24a-s 
I wondering if I could get some opinions on this.

Recently picked up a pair of p24a-s sz M 2nd hand. Measured the outseam to be about 101-2cm versus the 105cm from site(and another owner with a sz M pair) . Seller adamantly claims they haven't been altered.
Just wondering if anyone else had sizing issues or if its just QC issues on acrs end of things with the ss18 p24a-s

Cheers :) 

note the wonky stitching line 20190726_081647.jpg

That’s just Stotz, it shrinks. My P10A is about 104-105cm but the website had 109 or 110cm, can’t remember exactly.

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, hooper said:

definitely considered these but im hoping someone here is geek enough to elaborate on their DIY solution. looking for something simple and efficient. i was thinking you could just inspect the total length of the main page's html content, but i dont know enough about web dev to know if thats worth exploring

Every season I macgyver something from scratch to gimme a popup when new items are added, and I've always gotten whatever I'm after. I guess whatever bots the resellers use don't ping too frequently to avoid being blocked. Should work out of the box if you're on OSX, extremely fragile, sorry I know it's bad but I'm just too high:

#!/bin/bash

sleep_interval=${1:-5s}

function get_products {
    local products=$(curl https://acrnm.com 2>/dev/null \
                                | perl -n -e'/products\/(.*?)"/ && print "$1\n"')
    echo "$products"
}

current_products=$(get_products)
current_products_count=$(echo "$current_products" | wc -l)

echo "$current_products"
echo "Looks like there are ${current_products_count} products right now"
echo "Checking every ${sleep_interval} for new stuff..."

while true ; do
    new_current_products=$(get_products)
    new_current_products_count=$(echo "$new_current_products" | wc -l)
    if [ "${current_products_count}" -ne "${new_current_products_count}" ]; then
        echo "whoa there are new products now! $new_current_products_count up from $current_products_count"
        new_products=$(diff <(echo "$current_products") <(echo "$new_current_products"))
        echo "$new_products"
        message="There's new acronym:${new_products}"
        osascript -e 'display notification "'"${message}"'" with title "heads up"'
        break
    fi
    sleep ${sleep_interval}
done

this will check at the interval you specify for new products and send you a notification if a new one is posted. Default is every 5 seconds, run it with e.g. "1m" for every minute or "1s" to DDOS erlsn

Edited by eidolarr

@eidolarr If you must share scripts it's probably for the best to do so over PM.

noob question, but how do we use that script? lol

Mans is gonna give you the keys now go learn how to drive already smh

Yall just gave all that to those so called resellers that lurk here.

5 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Every season I macgyver something from scratch to gimme a popup when new items are added, and I've always gotten whatever I'm after. I guess whatever bots the resellers use don't ping too frequently to avoid being blocked. Should work out of the box if you're on OSX, extremely fragile, sorry I know it's bad but I'm just too high:

this will check at the interval you specify for new products and send you a notification if a new one is posted. Default is every 5 seconds, run it with e.g. "1m" for every minute or "1s" to DDOS erlsn

what are you doing man? mothership crashed every hour last drop because everyone was pinging the site. As if its not hard enough to cop certain pieces in certain sizes already? Now you're giving people even more reason to DDoS? Isn't DDoSing illegal? what are you doing mannnnnn.........  

Im waiting for the screen shot to hit the fb group w replies like 

:D:ph34r::P:cool: siiiikkkkkk brraahhhh but how i run this. Can u make it .exe can i run on mac can you just buy the stuff for me and ill pp u thnx!!!!!!

6 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Mans is gonna give you the keys now go learn how to drive already smh

Crying

You're all right and I've had a change of heart, so I've subtly edited the script to delete your whole hard drive. That'll teach em!!

In seriousness though, I don't generally believe that tech nerds deserve to have an advantage here. Shit yall fucked up San Francisco, least you can do is share your secret acronym kopping discord strats.

As for idiots accidentally ddosing the site, look I didn't create the game, I'm just playing it and trying to even the field. Scripts like this at a symptom of an absurd situation.

One last thought: the script is jank and will probably break in a season or two and I'm not updating it, but it won't be far off. Take the opportunity to learn some basic scripting, that kind of rudimentary computer knowledge pays dividends these days.

They should release new products under a new random path each drop and add them to their home later...
The page also wont get super clunky until the link is dropped as everybody has to refresh erlsns social media or do whatever scavenger hunt.

Posted (edited)

That wouldn't break this particular script but a well placed newline would. Or making the site significantly less 1990's by adding some JS. Or using a less degenerate retail model than forcing hundreds of customers to violently mash their refresh buttons twice a year.

Edit nevermind I see what you're saying, that would work

Edited by eidolarr

not sure if this has been posted before

ACRY (found in hong kong outdoor clothing store) - didn't take photos of everything. a lot more styles including jackets, pants, t-shirts, bags, accessories, etc.

does this make @erlsn 'acry'? 

acry_4.thumb.jpg.253277929725768764d0948a34fd6251.jpgacry_2.thumb.jpg.79e5da56748058d520855eaf29c5b9cc.jpgacry_1.thumb.jpg.bbc29cc845ff6fefc058ce0bef165feb.jpgacry_3.thumb.jpg.457877da09c926fe0d1a2773a31abdf0.jpg

51 minutes ago, hiddenfortress said:

not sure if this has been posted before

ACRY (found in hong kong outdoor clothing store) - didn't take photos of everything. a lot more styles including jackets, pants, t-shirts, bags, accessories, etc.

does this make @erlsn 'acry'? 

acry_4.thumb.jpg.253277929725768764d0948a34fd6251.jpgacry_2.thumb.jpg.79e5da56748058d520855eaf29c5b9cc.jpgacry_1.thumb.jpg.bbc29cc845ff6fefc058ce0bef165feb.jpgacry_3.thumb.jpg.457877da09c926fe0d1a2773a31abdf0.jpg

who cares?

awesome placement of the PALS grid on the flap :D 

Looks right to me, I had one in XL a few years ago, that's the only other one Ive seen.

It's a rather unremarkable jacket/parka to be honest, if it wasn't made by ACR I don't think anyone would be looking at it.

8 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Looks right to me, I had one in XL a few years ago, that's the only other one Ive seen.

It's a rather unremarkable jacket/parka to be honest, if it wasn't made by ACR I don't think anyone would be looking at it.

Does that plastic d-ring attaching the jacket sling look right? Interesting to see an older hardware configuration...

Posted (edited)

quick question. do these labels look correct?

IMG_7959.jpgIMG_7960.thumb.jpg.30f902e0c3fa426deae155b768207914.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze

49 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

quick question. do these labels look correct?

IMG_7959.jpgIMG_7960.thumb.jpg.30f902e0c3fa426deae155b768207914.jpg

Font on the size tag seems less bold that that on my J46-FO.

IMG_20190801_072048.jpg

Looks a bit thin on the printing

20190731_173003.thumb.jpg.35ba9c093bb5035a5b52714ab19ab3fa.jpg

20190731_172937.thumb.jpg.094f15b34de2bd9bbcbad5930def2614.jpg

Not sure if it matters but it’s the j65ws so it’s a little while back(no xs)

1 minute ago, Kamikaze said:

Not sure if it matters but it’s the j65ws so it’s a little while back(no xs)

Dont think there are fakes of J65-ws anyway.

16 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Does that plastic d-ring attaching the jacket sling look right? Interesting to see an older hardware configuration...

Oh, I cannot remember, always thought that the whole jacketsling thing was a little pointless, got in the way when wearing the jacket and never used it always felt restricted by it, same on the ACG stuff too.

Last work it in 2015 and sold it back then too, so my failed memory cannot recall the details completely.