Westbrook

Acronym.

Is there anyone who wears large p10ds or p10tsds could show me some fit pics pls? Dm will be fine. Much appreciate that. 

5 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Is there anyone who wears large p10ds or p10tsds could show me some fit pics pls? Dm will be fine. Much appreciate that. 

Yep, will drop you something over later man.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:05 AM, TEKsevenZERO said:

I cannot find anyone to glaze my Mykita Tequila, even got them sent to japan and they could not do it - really annoyed given that I have a pair of £500 glasses of no use to me now as they are sunglasses only and I need to see to drive and read!

That'll teach me to take a punt.

-feel I should have put this in a different thread really- sorry

It’s why I will only buy glasses from opticians. Also the fact that I can use an HSA to pay for them, but it’s no good having frames if I can’t have lenses that let me actually see. 

Hope you find a solution. Have you tried reaching out to Mykita in Berlin?

Those that got the j1a 2.2 in a XS, what’s your height and weight? I feel like I could fit except I’m too tall.

2 hours ago, drgitlin said:

It’s why I will only buy glasses from opticians. Also the fact that I can use an HSA to pay for them, but it’s no good having frames if I can’t have lenses that let me actually see. 

Hope you find a solution. Have you tried reaching out to Mykita in Berlin?

I did, but they were as much use as tits on a fish frankly! - or at least the person in their cust service.

i’m thinking of going down the bespoke route eventually so will make do with the other 5 pairs of specs bought in the last year! 

Might also nip over to Berlin one long weekend and see the folk faceto face, always better than over the phone.

create more and offer them here!

Posted (edited)

@meccaNIZM I agree with the majority of your assessment.

They do feel very front heavy, and I think they would’ve benefited more from wearing directly on the nose bridge as opposed to the pads. That would’ve meant a little redesign I think, but to go with such a heavy forward leaning frame and such light temples- the nose pads just don’t feel that great to me. It feels like they’re balancing as opposed to resting on the bridge of my nose. That’s probably partially due to the dimensions of my skull overall to a degree I’m sure, but more so the design. Even having traditional temples would help with this. I grew up wearing eyeglasses from a very young age and have owned quite a few pairs of higher end shades if that gives any clarity.  

On a completely other note- the styling is just a bit too exaggerated for my taste in the all black frames I purchased. It’s nerd-core on steroids. I’m sure some can and will pull it off but it just doesn’t suit my facial structure. I have a strong/heavy brow, dark/sunken eyes, dark/coarse hair and they just add too much weight overall. I’ve worn strong blocky frames before, but these just feel too much with the frame weight and the lenses size.   

The clip ons feel well made, but a bit fiddly and I can see it being a bit easy to scratch the frames with repeated use simply by handling the frames while donning and doffing. They actually almost slipped off the frames while I was putting them back in the protective plastic wrap. And yes- there is a noticeable gap while wearing if a strongish light source hits them at an angle.  

I can say with a good amount of surety that this is my least favorite ACR item that I’ve had the opportunity to handle up close. Nothing feels very Acronym about it to me. There’s no hidden awesomeness, no new take on an old norm, no subtle functionality, no tiny detail that is commonly overlooked, no build quality that feels like it’s been considered and tested. I’ve owned other ACR pieces that didn’t work for my personal aesthetics, but I’ve ALWAYS appreciated the overall design and form/function.  

These are literally just another pair of expensive sunglasses. 

YMMV?

Edited by brainerd666
Too many words. Too many beers. You do the math.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:23 AM, Yardsale said:

Those that got the j1a 2.2 in a XS, what’s your height and weight? I feel like I could fit except I’m too tall.

I am 5'7" and 130 lbs and it fits pretty snug. The length is just right but can't really do much layering underneath it

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

@meccaNIZM I agree with the majority of your assessment.

They do feel very front heavy, and I think they would’ve benefited more from wearing directly on the nose bridge as opposed to the pads. That would’ve meant a little redesign I think, but to go with such a heavy forward leaning frame and such light temples- the nose pads just don’t feel that great to me. It feels like they’re balancing as opposed to resting on the bridge of my nose. That’s probably partially due to the dimensions of my skull overall to a degree I’m sure, but more so the design. Even having traditional temples would help with this. I grew up wearing eyeglasses from a very young age and have owned quite a few pairs of higher end shades if that gives any clarity.  

On a completely other note- the styling is just a bit too exaggerated for my taste in the all black frames I purchased. It’s nerd-core on steroids. I’m sure some can and will pull it off but it just doesn’t suit my facial structure. I have a strong/heavy brow, dark/sunken eyes, dark/coarse hair and they just add too much weight overall. I’ve worn strong blocky frames before, but these just feel too much with the frame weight and the lenses size.   

The clip ons feel well made, but a bit fiddly and I can see it being a bit easy to scratch the frames with repeated use simply by handling the frames while donning and doffing. They actually almost slipped off the frames while I was putting them back in the protective plastic wrap. And yes- there is a noticeable gap while wearing if a strongish light source hits them at an angle.  

I can say with a good amount of surety that this is my least favorite ACR item that I’ve had the opportunity to handle up close. Nothing feels very Acronym about it to me. There’s no hidden awesomeness, no new take on an old norm, no subtle functionality, no tiny detail that is commonly overlooked, no build quality that feels like it’s been considered and tested. I’ve owned other ACR pieces that didn’t work for my personal aesthetics, but I’ve ALWAYS appreciated the overall design and form/function.  

These are literally just another pair of expensive sunglasses. 

YMMV?

I feel the same way. These eyeglasses are too heavy and with the slippery nose pads, they will continually slide down your face; if it's warm and you are sweating, it will be worse.

I wear eyeglasses so I was thinking that I would replace the lenses of the Acronym glasses with corrective ones. I have done this with frames from Ray-Ban, Hugo Boss and TAG. That doesn't appear to be possible with these. Build quality is only fair compared to other companies.

Edited by roofus
spelling

On 5/6/2019 at 5:46 AM, lopiteaux said:

The glasses aren't terrible, but I'm not swayed either.

I like the naked look of the C, and the clipped look of the A. They do however look like you need to stand absolutely still in the back of the club with your head titled upward in order for them to stay in place.

The standout piece is clearly the plush little case... drizzle me timbers...

f1f5e7df3f.jpg

They are definitely for posing not for Wearing and using!

On 5/6/2019 at 12:17 PM, brainerd666 said:

That’s what I’m gonna find out when mine show up. If not I’ll most likely either pass them along at cost or send back. I’ve been putting off getting a pair of frames for awhile and was right on the edge of ordering some mykitas when these popped up. The cost is similar as well as the materials. Not sure about build quality but I’d be highly surprised if the ACR specs aren’t in the same league. 

I am pretty sure you can't swap out the installed lenses for prescription ones. The existing lenses seem to be completely sealed in.

yeah really hard to justify purchasing shades at that price without being able to try on. pants/jackets are one thing and easier to get right but shades are more of a nuanced fit.

13 hours ago, tomatocookie said:

I am 5'7" and 130 lbs and it fits pretty snug. The length is just right but can't really do much layering underneath it

Thank you for your response. I'm taller than you and I'm worried the sleeves are going to be too short for me. In the product photos the sleeves look good on the girl but she's likely way shorter than me.

3 hours ago, mikon_nikon said:

does anyone own both the J56-S & J56-GT and able / willing to compare the fit between the two?

its the same breh

18 hours ago, roofus said:

I am pretty sure you can't swap out the installed lenses for prescription ones. The existing lenses seem to be completely sealed in.

nah if it's made by made in the light, they won't be. any optician will be able to expand the frame with heat to pop the lenses out to put scripts in for you

On 5/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, Yardsale said:

Thank you for your response. I'm taller than you and I'm worried the sleeves are going to be too short for me. In the product photos the sleeves look good on the girl but she's likely way shorter than me.

yeah you'd probably be better off getting a small

13 hours ago, moneytalks said:

nah if it's made by made in the light, they won't be. any optician will be able to expand the frame with heat to pop the lenses out to put scripts in for you

Unlike you, I have a pair! You are wrong! Sure you can heat the frames up and pull out the lenses but try and put new lenses back in  . . . not a chance! I will take them to my optometrist next month when I get my eyes checked and report back but I know what he will say. . . . .

Edited by roofus

I hope the P20 eventually makes a comeback in DS or CH.

2 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

I hope the P20 eventually makes a comeback in DS or CH.

P24A in CH is the dream 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:39 AM, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I have a P10S (18SS model) in large I can upload for you. I love these pants.

1 hour ago, ArmandGLA said:

I have a P10S (18SS model) in large I can upload for you. I love these pants.

thanks mate, I was just looking for large p10 out of dryskin. but if you have a p10s pic to show, I would like to see as well.

@dreamboatjustsoul P10-S size Large paired with Large J74-PX both colorways and the J58-WS

I am a true waist (34) and it fits great but a tad bit long (I’m 5-9 190lbs)

Excuse the shitty lighting and quality !

5B8E0B38-A839-4208-9805-C7393C58A58E.jpeg

DC360AC1-3CCF-4445-ABC3-90C8138AAB49.jpeg

81399B20-EBB6-40FB-B1CC-0E7A95415A99.jpeg

E222066C-4452-4EDA-8007-645A19A31A12.jpeg

6AD21CB2-8548-47F8-A4EB-00E5F8706AB0.jpeg

8E45CEC2-0D37-4DF1-90F5-0B41B3105D6B.jpeg

96ACF02F-F3E1-41FE-844F-7F9096554536.jpeg

B4967F4E-6F76-42EA-9108-5AF0F2A1BE12.jpeg

4E45795D-54AF-43BC-B0C1-C5016C95CA52.jpeg

Edited by ArmandGLA

I thought I’d chime in with a quick review of the F1-T-B. 

I’ve been wearing these daily since I got them and so far, I love them. I went with the B variation because for me, they were the most appealing. 

I do agree with the earlier reviews that they are heavy, but it doesn’t really bother me. I adjusted the side arms and nose pads to my liking, which helps keep the glasses in place. 

The build quality is very good. In comparison, I own a range of sunglasses from Ray Ban, Adidas (Made in Austria), Neighborhood, VISVIM, and Louis Vuitton. I feel like these are more on par with VISVIM in terms of build quality. 

I’ve worn mine in the sun and the spill of light through the clip-on lenses did not bother me. In the rain, I took the clip-ons off and used just the yellow tinted lenses. I felt like I was able to see far better wearing these during a typical rainy Vancouver afternoon/evening. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least  

Maybe I’m not as critical as the others here who commented on their sunglasses but I feel like these are a great pair of regular clip on sunglasses, albeit slightly overpriced. The only thing that really annoys me is that I need to clean off finger prints twice as often as my other sunglasses. Ok one other gripe I had was that the cleaning cloth they threw in felt badly cut. It was like someone took a dull pair of scissors and unevenly cut out a square.

I can’t see too many folks buying and keeping these unless they are die hard Acronym fans. For me, I’m very happy I grabbed a pair. Cheers!!! 

B6FDE733-B931-47AA-BA41-336917CBEE58.jpeg

478D9BB1-7579-4D5A-84C6-6B942A0A83A7.jpeg

53CE8EFA-E9E0-4D2A-BF9D-00F06882EEE6.jpeg

D6B2FE83-7D32-4F37-A08F-30390DA478AE.jpeg

61FF2173-8F68-43D5-B98D-9D72A7FFDED4.jpeg

06BBEA00-D48A-49D6-B406-F64508186A1F.jpeg

Edited by analog29

Was at the Darkside Initiative warehouse sale yesterday. While waiting in line I was talking to a guy wearing an ACR jacket. Great to hear another person’s perspective on how the brand, availability, hype and prices have changed. I was joking how our Goretex was doing in the rain. If you’re on this board, great talking to you. @thatslapz he said he knows you!

Later on a couple got into line both wearing ACR jackets. When I left the sale I spotted another guy wearing a J1TS-S. (It didn’t look like it was holding up well in the rain.) Great to see people supporting the brand and our local brick and mortar. Anyways, didn’t think I’d see so many pieces in one spot. 

446ED1E6-B454-4FD9-9418-72B0C36AFB18.jpeg